NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Today Hernandez was charged with two counts of murder which changes everything. It gives NE the chance to void the contract as the murders happened before it was signed. This frees up enough cap to make the trade possible. Since Tom will only play a few more years and Bill will only coach as long as Tom is there I see the possibility of a trade say a second rounder and Mallet or a WR to Houston for Andre
Lol,it's good to know that even after the Draft, all the hypothetical guessing about possible trades, backroom deals, who will get released and why- all of that conjecture is still going on!
I'll just hit a bunch of topics at once here.

For BT and Bambino, you two are true to form for those who post in the political. You can't tolerate people with opinions different from yours and you resort to name calling in the place of a measured response. Shows your level of maturity. No wonder Bambino post in the Houston section, prolly the only one he has not been kicked and banned from.

As for Houston trading out of #1. I never thought they would be able to although a number held out hope. It is interesting that they wanted to so badly because that would mean they would not have been able to take Clowney so I have to wonder who they would have taken if they had successfully traded out. My guess is Mack.

For those who think championships are won with defense and with the Texans defense next year we should be able to contend for the division title. Guess again. We are terrible at QB. Did you know that in Schaub's worst years he was just as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick was in his best years. That's not good. Plus there is no way Savage will be ready and I don't think the Texans expect him to. CBS Sports put out a power ranking today and listed the Texans dead last. I would have to agree that we will not be very good next year. I am thinking 6 wins.

In our division I am really worried about Jacksonville. The new owner realized something very important from the very beginning. He didn't know the first thing about football. He went out and hired people who did and put them in place and let them do their job. Their GM and coach have done a very good job and I suspect they will be the second best team in the division. In other words the Texans could be the 3rd or 4th best team in the division for a number of years.

As for Andre, I don't think it is going to end well. BOB is the no-nonsense type of coach who thinks everyone should put the team first. The first thing he did when he got here was have all the individual awards taken down. I am sure he hates Andre missing the sessions so far and I am sure he sees this as putting himself above the team. BOB is just the type of coach to bench him the whole year because he missed the early sessions. I am sure he is telling Rick Smith to get him off the team. Trade to New England or the Eagles? Maybe. It is going to be interesting for sure. You can put this squarely on Bob McNair for accepting mediocre performance as long as they were high character guys.
Championships are won with defense BL, just ask Peyton Manning

Seattle's top defense and a 3rd round QB are the defending SB Champs

For BT and Bambino, you two are true to form for those who post in the political. You can't tolerate people with opinions different from yours and you resort to name calling in the place of a measured response. Shows your level of maturity. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Uhhhhh, guess who else "post in the political?" You guessed it, none other than BL. It's not surprising because it is quite obvious that BL "can't tolerate people with opinions different from" his. He seem's to be very immature!

Just sayin'
I agree with big Louie on his points except for Fitzpatrick. Had played in buffalo and they always sucked. No receivers that could greet downfield. I don't think he will set the world on fire bug he is a slight improvement. Looks like B'OB wants to run the ball and play tough D. Smash mouth football. I can see him kicking Andre to the curb also.

Seattle's top defense and a 3rd round QB are the defending SB Champs Originally Posted by DickEmDown
DED's Steelers are a great example of winning Championships with great defense.
The Steelers did well picking up Shazier and Jordan Zumwalt .
I had just Shazier just slightly below Khalil Mack and Anthonmy Barr in my
LB Draft rankings .
Stephon Tuitt can be a beast on the D-line .
Then taking a speed guy Dri Archer 4.16 in the forty ,
Danirl McCullers may prove to be a steal .
The Steelers have always done well through the draft
It will be dumb as hell to kick andre to the curb that's your best player on the team .See this is why no free agents come to play here . Don't know what direction the team is going

For BT and Bambino, you two are true to form for those who post in the political. You can't tolerate people with opinions different from yours and you resort to name calling in the place of a measured response. Shows your level of maturity. No wonder Bambino post in the Houston section, prolly the only one he has not been kicked and banned from.

As for Houston trading out of #1. I never thought they would be able to although a number held out hope. It is interesting that they wanted to so badly because that would mean they would not have been able to take Clowney so I have to wonder who they would have taken if they had successfully traded out. My guess is Mack.

For those who think championships are won with defense and with the Texans defense next year we should be able to contend for the division title. Guess again. We are terrible at QB. Did you know that in Schaub's worst years he was just as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick was in his best years. That's not good. Plus there is no way Savage will be ready and I don't think the Texans expect him to. CBS Sports put out a power ranking today and listed the Texans dead last. I would have to agree that we will not be very good next year. I am thinking 6 wins.

In our division I am really worried about Jacksonville. The new owner realized something very important from the very beginning. He didn't know the first thing about football. He went out and hired people who did and put them in place and let them do their job. Their GM and coach have done a very good job and I suspect they will be the second best team in the division. In other words the Texans could be the 3rd or 4th best team in the division for a number of years.

As for Andre, I don't think it is going to end well. BOB is the no-nonsense type of coach who thinks everyone should put the team first. The first thing he did when he got here was have all the individual awards taken down. I am sure he hates Andre missing the sessions so far and I am sure he sees this as putting himself above the team. BOB is just the type of coach to bench him the whole year because he missed the early sessions. I am sure he is telling Rick Smith to get him off the team. Trade to New England or the Eagles? Maybe. It is going to be interesting for sure. You can put this squarely on Bob McNair for accepting mediocre performance as long as they were high character guys. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Aw, poor lil Louie throwing a hissy fit. Tisk, tisk. This post is a whopper even by your standards. Full of fantasy and falsehoods. We shall I start. Well, I haven't been barred or banned from anything on Eccie. Nada. I quit posting in the political forum on my own. It's completely childish and devoid of any intelligent debate. I knew that going in. My only purpose was to bust balls. But I got bored.
So I went back channel and talked to most of the guys that I sparred with. We agreed to let bygones be bygones. I stick to my true passions, sports and pussy, which is why I'm here. It's more lively than sports talk in the Burgh on Eccie. Now, on to where I was banned, Indys. Indys is the dominant board in WPa and Ohio. Member there since ASPD folded. The Owner got on a little hot water awhile back. I know him. He was distracted and a few mods got a little over judicious. They were pointing me for calling people "numnuts" or similar harmless terms. I said fuck it and kept going. They banned me for life, amongst others, some just left. Indys became boring. The owner got over his tribulations and offered an olive branch to come back. We had lunch and I was promptly reinstated. No big deal. I still banged any HO on Indys that I wanted to while on exile and helped recruit new members here. All is good. You see Louie, real men can work things out. I know you have a high opinion of yourself and it pisses you off when I prove that what you say is horseshit. But it's like fishing in a barrel. It's too easy to refute what you say. So my advise to you is grow a set of balls. If not, put me on your ignore list. Problem solved. Cause, I ain't going anywhere.

BTW, Payton only kicked 5 FGs and 53 extra points in his college career, hardly enough to sway Heisman voters to vote for him over Griffin. Griffin gained over 600 more yards against better competition. It just wasn't to be. But Walter got his revenge and Archie was an insignificant pro.
Today Hernandez was charged with two counts of murder which changes everything. It gives NE the chance to void the contract as the murders happened before it was signed. This frees up enough cap to make the trade possible. Since Tom will only play a few more years and Bill will only coach as long as Tom is there I see the possibility of a trade say a second rounder and Mallet or a WR to Houston for Andre Originally Posted by BigLouie
Don't thinck NE would give that much for Andre. They got Randy Moss for a 4th round when Moss was around 30 yrs old. Dre is around 32 makes a bunch of money.

Plus I wouldn't trust Texans front office with any trade ...let alone doing one with Belichick.
I hope we do something at kicker. Wasn't he responsible for like 4 games?

Seattle's top defense and a 3rd round QB are the defending SB Champs Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Actually BALANCED teams win championships and the Texans defense is NOWHERE near as good as Seattle's. We lost a number of people on defense and signed as free agents people who were worse than those who left. Sure we signed Clowney but he does not make the defense a championship defense.
Actually BALANCED teams win championships and the Texans defense is NOWHERE near as good as Seattle's. We lost a number of people on defense and signed as free agents people who were worse than those who left. Sure we signed Clowney but he does not make the defense a championship defense. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Actually, tough, physical teams win championships. A dominant defense and a punishing running game are responsible for winning more Super Bowls than a high flying, finesse passing game.
That is true also. On a side note John Harris took over for Marc Vanderneer as voice of Texans. Great news as John actually knows something about football while Marc was the worst brown nose homer and annoying as hell.
That is true also. On a side note John Harris took over for Marc Vanderneer as voice of Texans. Great news as John actually knows something about football while Marc was the worst brown nose homer and annoying as hell. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I think you're prediction of 6 wins is low. I think the Texans will rebound this year. BOB brings a tough minded mentality and works wonders with QBs. If he take McGloin, a walk on, and make him a pro, he'll develop someone down there. The D should be vastly improved with Clowney and Nix. I'm sayin 9/7.