NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The Radio guys said the Rice kicker will beat out fat Randy. I didn't know we signed the Rice kicker. Gotta have a good kicker and it helps if he is extra cheap. Originally Posted by Daddio
I didn't know we got another kicker but thank goodness. He lost about 3+ games. Think he messed up Case getting his first win.

I do not share your thoughts on the defensive front 7. The outside linebackers last year were the worst in the NFL. Cushing is coming back from another injury. There is a limit on how many times you can come back from serious knee injury and still be any good. I know Satin and Dick'em Down and those two would be better safeties than those clowns we have now. Other than JJ and Clowney the rest of the defense just is not that good. I have hopes for Nix in the middle but just about everyone else is not that good. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I think the defensive front 7 will benefit from having a new coordinator alone. I liked Wade but everyone was use to plays already. I don't think the secondary improved at all. That's a shame. I mean DJ might be better with a year under his belt but them corners. Hampton still sitting at home. Find somebody.

Quarterback position still open...supposedly

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texans-...5361--nfl.html Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
I like QB having more control on the field. Sticking to the same sham play after you can see it's going nowhere is... very Kubiack. I'm actually more curious about who'd getting a pink slip over who we have starting for some odd reason. Savage ain't going nowhere. Seems like the intended development. Off-season pick ups get dropped all the time. Bob sounds like he's keen on him and everyone thinks he's starting game 1. Leaves Case and Yates.
I thought Yates was a better QB than Kenum. Id like to see him get some time with the first squad in the preseason.
So which QB gets cut? Yates or Kenum? BOB was talking about #4 not getting any reps which tells me that he will only take 3 into camp. So who goes?
I thought Yates was a better QB than Kenum. Id like to see him get some time with the first squad in the preseason. Originally Posted by spear88
I actually like Case better. I saw some flashes of what I wanted out of QB during a couple of Case's games. I hate his record is ass. I blame Fat Randy. His biggest issue was not taking the hit and losing a shit ton of yards. That's easy. Also it's not cause of UH. I dislike UH but that's another story.

I've looked at Fitzpatrick's stats and I just don't see why he would get handed a starting job.

Andre SHOULD have been there to put some input on who he's catching from instead of skipping stones at the beach or whatever. I give Foster grief but it was big of him to put that Vine out there. It's other veteran players on the team relying on him.

So probably one more week.
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...ot-5540431.php
I thought Yates was a better QB than Kenum. Id like to see him get some time with the first squad in the preseason. Originally Posted by spear88
The reports out of camp are that Yates is ahead of Keenum .
Tough break for this young man . Texans OT Queesenberry diagnosed with Lymphoma

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ma/#23724101=0
The Texans, who are installing a complex new offense under O'Brien, haven't released an official depth chart. But based off last season and Fitzpatrick's experience, the current rotation is believed to be Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Yates and Savage
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-re...7938--nfl.html
Tough break for this young man . Texans OT Queesenberry diagnosed with Lymphoma

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ma/#23724101=0 Originally Posted by carkido45
That is terrible for someone so young. I wish him the best!
Queesenbury might have been a contributor. We need everybody healthy.
Queesenbury might have been a contributor. We need everybody healthy. Originally Posted by Daddio
After all of these years, we finally found something we can agree upon.
And I don't give a fuck who wins the 3rd string job, Keenum or Yates. One thing is for sure they all got worse under Kuntiak. Both started out pretty damn good and then were strangled by Kubes Lubes bullshit offense. Yates was put in games with no upside after the team had already quit on Kubes. Same goes for Keenum as the year went on. I would almost like to see them cut Fitzy and keep both of these guys, but I do want to win now!!!
With Queensbury gone we are back to Derek Newton the the worst fucking tackle in the history of the universe. Good luck running or throwing with that stiff on the line.
Hey Yinz guys, the report out of Cleveland is that Hoyer is the starting QB going into camp even tho he couldn't participate in 11 on 11 drills at mini camp. Pettin said JFF had some catching up to do. Not earth shattering news, just an FYI.
Nothing unusual about that Hoyer won three straight games before getting hurt. It is natural to expect him to be way ahead of any QB they drafted.
You only start your Rookie if you have NOTHING. I mean complete nothing.

I wonder if Romeo might try to lure Brandon Flowers here.