Ban-a-palooza 2015! (someone had to do it)

It was on the Arkansas River so I still ate them shits...
Damn and the 3 times I've gone fishing all I caught is some fucking crappies. We should organize a fishing trip LOL Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus
you boo boo'd on yourself?
The white bass are the ones I spoke of as bite sized filets. You said you caught them in the middle of nowhere. I said Three Rivers.

Likely it might be the same place because Three Rivers is close to the middle of nowhere....................... .............................. ................... Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
your middle of no where is a bit further than my middle of no where. mine's up in east texas around Houston County Lake. lots of rivers and creeks up in that area back in the woods. some spawning off or into the lake also.

as for bit sized I generally toss those back in and hope for them to be bigger next time.

as for a trip I was thinking more of a SC myself. nothing wrong with fishing though.

my Dad has caught/cooked plenty of crappie or perch. I'd say both are easier to reel in than bass. of course crappie got those spines if I remember right.

another thing he did with them was use them for bait. catfish like 'em some perch.
long john silver fish and more,number one......I don't et rained on ,sunburned, or mosquitoe bit

another thing he did with them was use them for bait. catTards like 'em some perch. Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
fify
long john silver fish and more,number one......I don't et rained on ,sunburned, or mosquitoe bit Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
I used to eat at long john's waaaaayyy too much. been forever. tasted good no doubt. probably because it's half crust, half grease, half fish. ok so make that thirds.

now I stick with catfish I find at local places and make sure I got some veggies with 'em. (most of the time)

as for sunburned. generally not an issue creek/river fishing. you can get up in there under the trees. now put me floating on a river? and eF U! where the frak is the SP1000? sunburns blow. mosquitos to. heck, they suck right here in Htown. that's what OFF! is for.
I used to eat at long john's waaaaayyy too much. been forever. tasted good no doubt. probably because it's half crust, half grease, half fish. ok so make that thirds.

now I stick with catfish I find at local places and make sure I got some veggies with 'em. (most of the time)

as for sunburned. generally not an issue creek/river fishing. you can get up in there under the trees. now put me floating on a river? and eF U! where the frak is the SP1000? sunburns blow. mosquitos to. heck, they suck right here in Htown. that's what OFF! is for. Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
I hear ya, enough long johns and your cardiac care doctor pays for his kids college, I just never developed a taste for catfish...its like a mental block, the idea of a bottom feeder.....ijs and who the hell really knows whats in a hush puppy?
I've eaten at LJS three times.

But I only puked after 2 of the 3 visits.
I've eaten at LJS three times.

But I only puked after 2 of the 3 visits. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
that's where the third times a charm saying came from....really
I hear ya, enough long johns and your cardiac care doctor pays for his kids college, I just never developed a taste for catfish...its like a mental block, the idea of a bottom feeder.....ijs and who the hell really knows whats in a hush puppy? Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
ha, ha. yeah a lot of people have that mental block. guess that could compare to another subject in another thread. same with tilapia for a lot of people. but damn those are some good fish you can cook lots of ways.

as for the catfish, my own preference is channel's or blue's. they don't just bottom feed. heck, like I posted, they do like em some other fish. or some people feed 'em with fish feeders in a lot of ponds. ever seen one of those feeders go off that water can get to swirling, mouths everywhere. the fish version of when the farmer drives the hay out for the cows.

never found any restaurants frying up bass. guess they aren't as easy to raise or they don't get as big? if they did't fry up some bass I'd get it instead.

edit:
you musta thrown in that part about the hush puppy after I clicked quote. ha, ha! I hope it was some cheap version of cornbread. used to like those to!
the first time was the charm. it was the only visit I poured on that purple malt duck stuff. wtf it is i dunno. It must be the antidote.

the second visit I didn't pour it on because I was with a different gf. later I puked.

but I'm no pussy. I gave it a third try for the team and sure enough they got me again.
the first time was the charm. it was the only visit I poured on that purple malt duck stuff. wtf it is i dunno. It must be the antidote.

the second visit I didn't pour it on because I was with a different gf. later I puked.

but I'm no pussy. I gave it a third try for the team and sure enough they got me again. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
don't underestimate the malt vinegar...wakeups wife will tell you its essential to a good fish and chips meal.....
.............................. .................that purple malt duck stuff. wtf it is i dunno. It must be the antidote...................... .............................. . Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
probably some secret edible grease neutralizer. ha, ha

or just some ant-acid made into a condiment
ha, ha. yeah a lot of people have that mental block. guess that could compare to another subject in another thread. same with tilapia for a lot of people. but damn those are some good fish you can cook lots of ways.

as for the catfish, my own preference is channel's or blue's. they don't just bottom feed. heck, like I posted, they do like em some other fish. or some people feed 'em with fish feeders in a lot of ponds. ever seen one of those feeders go off that water can get to swirling, mouths everywhere. the fish version of when the farmer drives the hay out for the cows.

never found any restaurants frying up bass. guess they aren't as easy to raise or they don't get as big? if they did't fry up some bass I'd get it instead.

edit:
you musta thrown in that part about the hush puppy after I clicked quote. ha, ha! I hope it was some cheap version of cornbread. used to like those to! Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
a few years back the Frisco firestation had a catfish lunch , and I was told it was channel cafish.....it was pretty good ....and besides they were the guys that would drag me out of my house after the long johns heart attack
  • Trey
  • 05-20-2015, 11:20 PM
As a kid ljs was one of my favorite spots. Loved the crusty bits at the bottom, and the clams were good too. As an adult I feel like I may as well just suck down a bottle of oil and just get it over with. Still about once or twice a year I give it a shot.

Next time I will see if I can get a pirate hat.
image.jpg