Random Thoughts

It's best, if we all go to the limits to explain our inner most selves... it definitely helps to thumb our psyche noses to the masses... as if it matters. Originally Posted by NTJME
Whatever you say, wise man. It must make sense to someone. What are "psyche noses" though? Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Even your own personal psyche has a nose you can "thumb" to the rest of the world. . . you should already know that... you do it often, as do I. Originally Posted by NTJME

This is all well and good until you realize that the psyche itself has a psyche psyche. To enter it initiates a journey into a dimension of utter chaos, for there is of course a psyche psyche psyche as well. Every next level has it's own psyche, and another and another and another and another until the unwary traveler arrives at the final psyche.

Time has no meaning here; seconds in this dread chamber seem to pass as centuries would upon the Earth. Slowly, the opaque mists recede and the unwary psyche traveler faces dead Cthulhu himself. This, then, is the corpse-city of R'lyeh, where the Elder Gods await in their timeless slumber.

One massive eye starts to open, then the other. Gradually, the behemoth pulls itself up to its full monstrous height. To gaze upon its very visage is to be driven instantly mad, though that is surely the least of the infinite torments of the damned to follow.

Very occasionally, perhaps once in a century, an intrepid soul manages to somehow escape, traveling back up through the seemingly endless layers of psyches before arriving at the top psyche, the one he calls "me". Liberated, yes...but at such an awful cost.

These unfortunates desire only one thing: to warn others of the perils risked by plumbing the murky psyche depths. This however is not possible, as the madness from far beneath still persists. Concepts such as "words" and "sentences" have lost all meaning and their dire admonitions become a byzantine melange, incomprehensible to all.

I finally understand. I'm so sorry that that happened to you.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

This is all well and good until you realize that the psyche itself has a psyche psyche. To enter it initiates a journey into a dimension of utter chaos, for there is of course a psyche psyche psyche as well. Every next level has it's own psyche, and another and another and another and another until the unwary traveler arrives at the final psyche... Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Ooooh. It's like Inception. Except with our noses.
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_0719.JPG (16.4 KB, 406 views)
  • BK
  • 06-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by BK

& now a new pic to hold your interest!!!!
Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Korrect, we R in R Kansas
Stupid people never get jokes
I got your joke, too bad you did not get mine.

In spite of that, I do not think you are stupid. just a little too sensitive.
Kevin Meaney died long ago as I recall, but I always liked this bit of his.

Someone must be bored this morning
Someone must be bored this morning Originally Posted by WMJ4657
Yeah
It's a question many of us probably ask ourselves from time to time: what would happen if 10 T-Rexes fought 10,000 chickens?

It's a question many of us probably ask ourselves from time to time: what would happen if 10 T-Rexes fought 10,000 chickens?

Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Now I want Chic fa la
I know a rooster killed an eagle trying to get a hen. But not sure they would have much impact vs a T Rex.