NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Great post Commish, especially the Coog love and the Cheerleader pic!

If I am not mistaken, McNair previously made a public statement indicating that he wanted Foster to have another year behind him prior to the team making a substantial money commitment. Despite the early season hammy problems, Foster has done his part. It is time for McNair to step up to the plate and give Foster a long term commitment. I believe McNair will! (I hope I am not being naive!) If he does so that will leave the Texans free to place the franchise tag on Mario! If that is the way it plays out, it will be a win/win for the 2012 Texans and their fans!

As for the ongoing Schaub debate, it is fun to show the Schaub Haters how "ridiculous" they really are! As long as they are talkin' stupid shit, I'll be slingin' factual shit right back at 'em! (It is part of my charm!) The stats clearly support our position, not theirs!
Ya gotta love a spirited debate! I sure as hell do! (Especially when the facts and stats are on my side!)
Two critical turnovers in the first half. The Texans first half performance sucked, big time! Cincy has 16 unanswered points! 16-3 at half time! Damn!

C'mon Saints!
  • Satin
  • 12-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Well it's only a half....but Cat-Man now do you understand why I was concerned about the Bengals?

First play of the game.....the Rook throws a perfect strike to Jacobi that hits him right on the money in stride...& he drops a fucking touchdown pass..... fucking Jacobi....

Saints 6-3 over the Titans....
We had better get it together. Like Satin, I also had major worries about this game.

.........and the way we're playing, if anybody thinks next week against Cam is a given win, you had better think again. The last thing we want to get into is an offensive game against Cam, swapping TD for TD.
I repeat, GO SAINTS!
Them GOTDAYUM TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They came back to beat the Bengals 20 - 19!!!

Now we're waiting on the Saints to beat Tennessee We're two minutes left from CLINCHING THE AFC SOUTH!!!!!!

Muthafuckas ready to party now!!!!!!
THE TEXANS ARE IN THE
PLAYOFFS!!!!!
SAVOR THE MOMENT!
  • Trey
  • 12-11-2011, 02:20 PM
That was some mother fucking football! Till the bitter end yo.
  • Satin
  • 12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
TJ YATES BABY!!! 300 YARDS PASSING, GAME WINNING TD - NO TIMEOUTS!!!

Any questions BT??? We finally got a winning QB!!! Wow!!!
Houston Texans!

AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!
TJ MFing Yates!!!!!!! That run was the play of the day baby!!!! Looks like we got a new young stud QB. Playoffs baby!!!!
Houston Texans!

AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by kerwil62

Any questions BT??? We finally got a winning QB!!! Wow!!!
Originally Posted by Satin
So Who wins the BATTLE OF THE ROOKS???
YUP!!! AND Here it is again as a HD wallpaper!!!-enjoy
AND A LEGEND IS BORN..
... (was going to hold off on that but after a performance like that...enough said)

That was fun play-by play txting satin... love it!! Yeah OK I admit cincy is better than I thought ..

SB hopes restored anyone?????

and Gotdamnit fellers stop picking against my team....hehehe (and BT please check PM)

Any questions BT???
Originally Posted by Satin
You don't get me started! Let's just enjoy the win.

We can debate whether TJ will be the 2012 backup or the taxi squad QB, in August of 2012!

SB hopes restored anyone?????
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Excellent question Commish! I do not mind debating our chances to reach the SB over the course of the next few weeks! We can't lose sight of the fact that we barely beat a team that the Steelers completely dismantled last week. The Steelers are playing much better now than they were when we played them earlier this year. I don't believe that we are a better team today than we were then.

Thus, I am not ready to get SB hopes up yet. The odds are against us if we have to beat 2 of the 3 (Pittsburgh, NE and/or Baltimore) in order to get to the Super Bowl. Especially if we do not get home field throughout! In all fairness, I would not be much more confident of a SB berth even if Schaub were still the qb. Those three teams will be tough to beat, no matter who is the qb!
We can debate whether TJ will be the 2012 backup or the taxi squad QB, in August of 2012! Originally Posted by bigtex
Unless he sets the world on fire and wins a playoff game or two, Schaub will (didn't say should) be the starter next year.

Yates moves up to backup, Leinart, Jake, and Garcia are gone.
I will stick to my post a few pages back.........Shaub will be looked at very critically if the Texans cintinue to win!!!
As for TJ Yates.....this is stuff that causes QB controversy and forces team management to look at youth and the future. An injury prone Schaub and a solid TJ Yates will make management begin to ponder should we look a lil closer. A strong finish and another Schaub injury........need i say more??

Congrats on the clutch win and the first division championship in franchise history!!!

Don't you just love meaningful football games!!!!!!