NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

C'mon fella's, it's only the preseason...don't throw in the towel on your team yet
This team is not going anywhere without a quarterback
Hmmm.....I see Bortles had a stellar debut performance..just sayin'
It may be preseason but Manzel was on point and his team executed. Forget the offense not scoring or even getting in position to kick a field goal which speaks volumes, the defense let them put how many points back to back? Preseason or not, you don't have a defense worth a damn to let points continue to be put up on the board....no quarterback , defensive rejects and poor coaching.....this season will be about as bad as last season.
  • Satin
  • 08-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Dammit, did anyone just hear the college coach, BOB's press conference? Are you kidding me? This guy must have read from the Kubiak manual of how to answer press conference questions.....same old bullshit answers.....

"It's on me, it starts with me" (really? You think?)

"We gotta look at the tape and figure out how we can get better"? (No shit,
Einstein?)

"We gotta make some changes on both sides of the ball to be more competitive" (wow, this dude is hilarious)

"We gotta figure out how to minimize our turnovers and penalties" (man, this motherfucker should be coach of for year for that statement)

DED, man I know it's only one game and preseason, but it's not that they lost (of course), it's HOW they lost. Btw...I didn't know your boys signed that super fast kid Dri Archer. That kid is gonna be special...he's a TD waiting to happen. Good pickup....
Texans looked like straight garbage yesterday. No offense or defense.

Fitzpatrick picked up where Schaub left off. Throwing interceptions.

I think this is the first time the Texans has ever been shut out, preseason or otherwise. And even though this is the first preseason game, this shit don't look good at all. They better figure out how to correct this shit ASAP!
C'mon fella's, it's only the preseason...don't throw in the towel on your team yet Originally Posted by DickEmDown
My man, if you are not the quintessential Optimist or your wearing blinders! We all will know soon if that game was a trend or a fluke!

Say "It's On Me" one more time.
  • TheDr
  • 08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
C'mon fella's, it's only the preseason...don't throw in the towel on your team yet Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I tried to offer a little advice DeD but everyone seems to knee jerk. Good luck to your squad fellas. I hope they get it together sooner than later.
Well, here's a break. The NFL NETWORK is gonna show the rerun of the Texans vs Cardinals game at 3:00am Eastern time Monday, so the majority of the country won't see the debacle!
Hmmm.....I see Bortles had a stellar debut performance..just sayin' Originally Posted by Solemate62
EVERY QB that the Texans passed on looked pretty darn good yesterday.
EVERY QB that the Texans passed on looked pretty darn good yesterday. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yeah.....O'Brien was on the tube again yesterday saying that "there were some positives to take from that game." Dude's got a sense of humor but Happy Valley is in his past!
The offense was horrible. The only bright spot I can point to is the running game. Grimes looked solid and Alfred Blue did not disappoint although his carries were second team vs second team. Blue runs with a purpose.
QB's all looked lost, unprepared and incompetent. 'nuff said.

It's not fair to rate the receivers they didn't get enough chances to do anything....like catch the ball.
O-line made way too many mistakes, Period.

JJ Watt played well and for the most part I thought the defensive line looked strong. Even the nose guards were plugging up the middle and making stops.

Clowney is a stud. Yeah he got burned on a pass play but it wasn't unexpected in his first game. With his quickness he just needs some technique coaching and he'll be able to cover those plays in the future. I'd rather have him sealing the edge and rushing the QB. He and Watt can't both be double teamed.

Tarpinian did a decent job in the middle. He made some good stops and got decent penetration.
Where the fuck was Mercilus?

The secondary looked like the fucking Keystone Cops. Bouyer made some good open field tackles but he also gave up some yards to the pass. I don't know what Swearinger was doing. He was all over the place but never in the right place and looked slow as hell. Perhaps all that hair is slowing him down.

Lechler looked consistent....I think we're going to need him.
More from "the coach"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...back-rotation/

Me thincks this is going to be a very long season for diehard Texans fans.
The first thing BoB needs to do at the next practice is repeat that statement and let every player on the team know their job is in jeopardy. We need to start hearing about some fights on the practice field.