NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• TheDr
  • 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Damn that sucks for the Rams! Hate Bradford will have to deal with that again. That is a mental beating as well as physical. Will help my boys in that division though.

Watching the Texans was putting me to sleep. Lots of crossing patterns and nothing down field. Not impressed. Good luck to you fella's.
At least he got PAID!!!!

Wasn't Bradford part of the last rookie class that got the huge signing bonus
Yes Sam was the last #1 pick to get a huge contract. I fully expect the Rams to be terrible and draft one of the QB's coming out and part ways with Sam.

As for the Texans QBs, both Fritz and Case will only be here one year, this is their last. Next year fully expect the team to take a QB if they finished in top 10. Savage is playing like a guy who missed 1,000 days of football. You can see the talent at times but you can also see the lack of reps.
At least he got PAID!!!!

Wasn't Bradford part of the last rookie class that got the huge signing bonus Originally Posted by DickEmDown
No doubt about it, with all the guaranteed money in that contract, he will never have to work a day in his life even if he lives to 150!

Sidebar Reply to the QB situation in Houston, with regard to what could have been - Bortles had another solid performance this weekend!
Sidebar Reply to the QB situation in Houston, with regard to what could have been - Bortles had another solid performance this weekend! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Bortles will be a stud, he is playing the part. So that is now 2 teams in the division we will be stuck behind for a while.
What is wrong with Clowney? I have been out of town and it seems BOB is tight lipped about it. Thanks.
What is wrong with Clowney? I have been out of town and it seems BOB is tight lipped about it. Thanks. Originally Posted by Daddio
Are you implying an injury or is he acting like a space cadet, like he did at SC? But now that he's in the NFL, he's paid quite handsomely to Perform on the field!
Sam bradford: 6 years 78 million dollar contract.....50 million GUARANTEED.....and only 27 years old.He will be done in st.louis. next year,but look for teams to blow his phone up in 2016,as he takes 2-year recovery period......
Sam bradford: 6 years 78 million dollar contract.....50 million GUARANTEED.....and only 27 years old.He will be done in st.louis. next year,but look for teams to blow his phone up in 2016,as he takes 2-year recovery period...... Originally Posted by Mixshowdj
Teams would be fucking crazy to waste one dollar on him, he's done! A definite liability! Harsh but the NFL is a business!
What is wrong with Clowney? I have been out of town and it seems BOB is tight lipped about it. Thanks. Originally Posted by Daddio
Supposedly it's a precautionary move after going helmet to helmet in practice with a Denver player.

How many plays have we seen with Clowney and Watt on the field at the same time? Maybe 5 and every one of them was a big play by one or the other.

Maybe I'm giving a rookie head coach too much credit but I'm beginning to think that BoB knows what he has in his front seven and doesn't want everyone else in the league to see too much before the start of the season. If they are really that good it could translate into a couple of early wins before opponents figure out how to adjust their schemes.
Supposedly it's a precautionary move after going helmet to helmet in practice with a Denver player.

How many plays have we seen with Clowney and Watt on the field at the same time? Maybe 5 and every one of them was a big play by one or the other.

Maybe I'm giving a rookie head coach too much credit but I'm beginning to think that BoB knows what he has in his front seven and doesn't want everyone else in the league to see too much before the start of the season. If they are really that good it could translate into a couple of early wins before opponents figure out how to adjust their schemes. BoB does seem to take the Belichick approach to gamesmanship.
True that about B'OB. He is tight lipped. I can see JJ hammering RGIII with a strip sack and Clowney picking it up and running for 6!! The real season can't get here soon enough.
  • Satin
  • 08-27-2014, 11:50 PM
One more game and let the cuts began!
Clowney had a neck stinger last week. They are trying to give it as much time as possible to calm down.
I know it was the last pre-season game but wow did we look bad.