NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Jesus Mother Marry and Joseph.. Watched my first Texans game in 2003. THEY'VE COME A LONG FUCKING WAY. This is easily the happiest I've ever been watching NFL Football, I usually try to stay calm after games, but I couldn't, I went apeshit. TJ Yates- He's Rodgers, he's Brady, he's Nas, he's Pac. This aint shit but warning, until the PLAYOFFS START!!.... IN HOUSTON!! DIVISION CHAMPS, KEVIN WALTERS OWEN DANIALS, FUCK YES. THANK YOU BREES,GO JOSEPH!!

FUCK ALL KUBIAK HATERS <3
TWITTER IS BLOWIN UP!!!

playoffs ahoy from Team captains Cush and Meeco (i love the mean mug..hehehe)

Reed & Earl Mitchell

from YATES

D Brown...

...REEM AND QUIN

the Rooks:Yates and Watt

The Ninja & Barwin (Dreessen over ninjas head)

Coach of the Year???
Look I don't have to say much. Way to go Texans. Already in the playoffs. Few weaker teams coming up. Time to start practicing for the playoffs. Even if you lose a game, find more deep balls. Andre should be back and deep plays is something we'll need. Also, I hope they see Foster doesn't work all the time. Love the guy. Great runner. But sometime you need more power. Realize this early in the game and accept it.
  • Satin
  • 12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Nice pics Cat-Man, love 'em....you should post a pic of the Rook with a Superman outfit on...lol

It was good texting with you during the game bro. Great going back and forth with someone who actually understands the game. Like I told you bro, there's a difference in having a QB who leads the team down the field 80 yards with NO timeouts, who can scramble for a first down and throw the game winner, as opposed to some Dope who throws an interception on the last play of the game...right??

On our way to celebrate....TJ! TJ!

Thank God we finally have a real QB....:-)

On our way to celebrate....TJ! TJ! Originally Posted by Satin
PLAYA!!!! OUR BOYS DID IT!!!! We made it to the playoffs in a nail biter...come from behind WIN that had me on the edge of my seat HOPING and PRAYING!!!

DAMN!!!

I'm so proud of our guys that it ain't EVEN funny!

TJ...TJ...TJ...TJ!!!!!!!
Man that felt GOOD!!!!!
Unless he sets the world on fire and wins a playoff game or two, Schaub will (didn't say should) be the starter next year.

Yates moves up to backup, Leinart, Jake, and Garcia are gone. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
I suspect you're right. Meanwhile, I plan to enjoy the ride and hope the rook will somehow 'Tebow' us to the promised land! I'm not going to bet any money on us going to the Super Bowl! (unless we play Pittsburgh) I have a standing bet with an old Army bud when Houston plays Pittsburgh that dates all the way back to the mid 70's. Needless to say, I've got lots of catching up to do! UGH!

As it relates to this year, I like our chances of winning a game or two in the playoffs. A lot depends upon which team will have home field advantage. If we win the rest of our regular season games we just might be able to sneak into the #1 seed in the AFC. If so, the sky is the limit!

At this point, I am not allowing myself to get as excited as I was in the Luv Ya Blue years. But if we somehow get home field through the playoffs, it probably will not take me long to get there.
Does everyone realized that if the Texans win out they will be the #1 seed and will have home field through the play-offs.
  • Satin
  • 12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
The Texans are the #1 seed right now.....
1. Texans
2. Ravens
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Steelers
6. Jets

Thanks T.J.
The Texans are the #1 seed right now.....
1. Texans
2. Ravens
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Steelers
6. Jets

Thanks T.J. Originally Posted by Satin
Satin, Those rankings aren't correct. The Steelers have only 3 losses and the Broncos 5! At worst the Steelers should be the #4 seed as of today. I left as soon as the game was over and was not aware of where the 4 AFC teams with 3 losses stood in the current pecking order.

And since you gave a well deserved shout out to TJ for his 2 wins, let's not forget to give another well deserved shout out x 4 to Matt for his contributions for those 8 big wins in the games he started!
I agree Bro. "ANYBODY" would be better than Schaub. He only has a combined 4 year QB rating of 95, or so. Hell there are probably 4 or 5 NFL qbs with higher qb ratings during that time period. Why in the hell don't we have Colt McCoy, Vince Young or Chris Simms? Those guys are real Texans, not a friggin' foreign transplant. Instead we are stuck with a "Dopey" Dude named Schaub who played for a school in a foreign country. Virginia, I believe! YIKES!!!!!

During the past 4 years, that sorry assed Schaub only completed 65% of his passes for 14,000+ yards. Can you believe it? Schaub threw incompletions 35% of the friggin' time. Any NFL qb worth his salt should be able to complete 80-85% of their passes. All Schaub can do is 65%. Shit fire, there is no friggin' excuse for throwing 35% incomplete passes! And to make matters worse, Schaub has only thrown 83 touchdown passes and a whopping 43 Interceptions during that time period. How shitty is that?

I say let's throw the bum out! Hell qbs with Schaub's type of stats are a fuckin' dime and dozen! I bet the Pack would be willing to trade that California Dude named Rodgers for Schaub, provided we throw in a 6 pack of beer. If nothing else, Bb05 or any one of Satin's thousands of dancer Babes could do better than Schaub! No wonder Bb05 is a confirmed "Schaub hater!" Originally Posted by bigtex
The dude is basic. I mean if there was a tag line to add to his name it would be "Not a fuck up." And for our offense that works. But we need to want more than that. It's simple as that. I can't recall the last rally from behind I've seen Scab lead. Deep balls, rare. Audibles or hurry up plays, almost never. He goes origami when the defense gets behind him. I was going to compare him to Case but that might be a insult to Case. I don't think neither are exceptional as there numbers would dictate.

That said, it does go to show that if we would have had the defense we have now, we probably would have been to the playoffs a couple times by now.

Bottom line: Win, lose or draw, if Schaub would have gone 12/25, 17 points and an 85 qb rating against Atlanta, the haters would have been circling the wagons, trying to get Schaub's scalp. Instead the haters are salivating over a freakin' rookie, drafted in the 5th round, who is barely out of diapers!
He had a qb rating of 56.3 in the win against Cleveland. I didn't want his head. He's just not anything to write home about.

He managed the offense quite well (not as good as Schaub but as well as can be expected).
Debatable.

Yates had another 85 rating for today. At least he's consistent? O_o

Mario? Franchise him... I'm in the we paid too much for him at draft club.

College ball: Fugg Sumlin. I know he's bathing in all the extra money, but they just changed conferences, QB is gone, and now they have to get a new QB. Things were going to be hard but I think they just got harder for UH. And the basketball comp they have to deal with now is insane.

Future: I wouldn't mind another set of hands out their. I'm not a Jones "hater" but I think we could do better out there. Still some of that TE love we have. Spread it around.

I have my doubts about the Patriots being that tough. I be feeling scrappy but I think we can take em.
The dude is basic. I mean if there was a tag line to add to his name it would be "Not a fuck up." And for our offense that works. But we need to want more than that. It's simple as that. I can't recall the last rally from behind I've seen Scab lead. Deep balls, rare. Audibles or hurry up plays, almost never. He goes origami when the defense gets behind him. I was going to compare him to Case but that might be a insult to Case. I don't think neither are exceptional as there numbers would dictate.

That said, it does go to show that if we would have had the defense we have now, we probably would have been to the playoffs a couple times by now.

He had a qb rating of 56.3 in the win against Cleveland. I didn't want his head. He's just not anything to write home about.

Debatable.

Yates had another 85 rating for today. At least he's consistent? O_o Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Spoken like a true Hater!
You the one with something against Yates.
You the one with something against Yates. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Not at all. I kinda like TJ. He's starting to grow on me! The fact that I would rather have Schaub leading us down the stretch does not mean I dislike TJ. I feel quite certain that Kubes would rather have Schaub as the starting qb, as well. Duh! That's why Schaub's been the starter the past 4-5 years.

I remember in the late 70's or early 80's, Dan Pastorini went down immediately prior to a playoff game against San Diego. It was nothing against the #2 qb, Gifford Nielson, but I wanted our #1 qb on the field then, just as I do now. Having our starters healthy and on the field will almost always give us the best chance to win! Actually, the Oilers ended up winning that game and Giff did a commendable job filling in for Pastorini, just as TJ has done filling in for Schaub. But it does not alter the fact that I would have preferred Pastorini to be healthy and on the playing field that day. I feel quite certain Bum wanted Pastorini in the starting line up then, just as Kubes would have preferred Schaub to be healthy and in the starting line up today.

With all of that said,TJ's not bad for a rookie qb drafted in the 5th round! I certainly don't believe the other back up, Leinart, could have done any better than TJ has done! Shhh, don't tell anybody but I would not have made that claim a couple of weeks ago! The fact of the matter is, I trust Kubes judgement as it relates to NFL qb's. Apparently, you don't! IMHO, Kubes knows a lot more about NFL qbs than all of the rest of us put together. He watches them every day and apparently Kubes likes what Schaub brings to the table. If Schaub is good enough for Kubes, he is damn sure good enough for me!

As for TJ, I am more than happy to give him a hand for a job well done these past 2 1/2 games!
Are you willing to give Matt S. a hand for his 8 victories this year?

If not, I will do it for you!

I hope this makes you feel better. I know I do!
You keep saying his round like it means anything. Schaub was a 3rd round. Leinart was a first. Foster was undrafted. A pro is a pro.

I'm changing my mind. I want Schaub back! Only way you'll ever learn.

And Kubes and his laminated funny pages.