NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Case will never play for another team. He is done or rather the NFL is done with him. Mallet is here because he could not beat out the guy the Texans should have traded up and picked Jimmy G. I fully expect the Texans to draft a QB next year. Tom Savage may never over come missing over 1000 days of football in college

From my view, a good part of the QB problem is the way our offensive line does a poor job of pass protection. Give them the time Manning has and they will all do better........ Originally Posted by Oralist
With the exception of the last Super Bowl!
Case will never play for another team. He is done or rather the NFL is done with him. Mallet is here because he could not beat out the guy the Texans should have traded up and picked Jimmy G. I fully expect the Texans to draft a QB next year. Tom Savage may never over come missing over 1000 days of football in college Originally Posted by BigLouie
You're clueless. BTW, I said this would happen. And the Texans got him for a 7th rounder. Good move.
You're clueless. BTW, I said this would happen. And the Texans got him for a 7th rounder. Good move. Originally Posted by bambino
I agree, I thought it was a very good move on the Texans part. Had the Texans made the trade on draft day, it probably would have been for a 3rd round pick. By waiting until the 52 man roster is set, they get Mallet for a 6th or 7th rounder, depending upon how many snaps he plays this year.

Even if Mallet never makes it in the NFL, we did not give him much to get him. We have everything to gain and not much to lose!
  • Satin
  • 08-31-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm just glad we cut Brandon Harris. That fucker was terrible. Second round pick in 2011. Good riddance.

I don't know much about Mallett but I know as bad as I wanted Case to succeed, he wasn't getting it done. Just another superstar college QB who couldn't make the transition to the Big Boy league.

Solemate, Kenny Hill's first game stats: 511 yards, 3 TD's....already being mentioned as a Heisman candidate.
Yeah but Mallet knows all of the New England, I mean Texans play book.

That's why they picked his ass up. Poor Case, that was the first thing that I thought when I heard they had picked up Mallet.

$5.00 says he ends up an assistant at U of H.
That's not the same offense he will struggle a sitting duck in the pocket
Thanks for the heads up, Satin
Not going to happen. Texans to take Mack #1 with no trades. Originally Posted by BigLouie
We take Clowney as expected Originally Posted by BigLouie
Then...

Jacksonville takes Bortles which I feel is a big mistake. Everyone agreed he needs a couple of years of sitting. That he is nowhere near ready to start. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Jacksonville will regret taking Bortles 3rd. EVERYONE and I mean pre-draft review said that he is a project and will take 2 years to develop. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Another good outing by Bortles. Our problem this year is going to be that every QB we passed on is going to look great. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Bortles will be a stud, he is playing the part. So that is now 2 teams in the division we will be stuck behind for a while. Originally Posted by BigLouie
And then...

Don't count on a Ryan trade. He has only one year left and then becomes free agent so they would only get a year out of him Originally Posted by BigLouie
Mallet is here because he could not beat out the guy the Texans should have traded up and picked Jimmy G. Originally Posted by BigLouie
And...

it appears there is definitely a new sheriff in town. These are not typical Rick Smith picks. I suspect these are all BOB directed picks. I like them all. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Over-all this was probably Rick Smith's best draft which leads me to believe some of the questionable picks in the past were on Kubiak. Originally Posted by BigLouie
This is entirely on Rick Smith for years of poor middle round picks Originally Posted by BigLouie
Does anyone really listen to BL anymore? More importantly, should we tell him, or just keep snickering and pointing at him?
Does anyone really listen to BL anymore? More importantly, should we tell him, or just keep snickering and pointing at him? Originally Posted by Wakeup
BL is a master at double speak! Just give him a little while and he will land on every side.

He will then designate himself as being right all along.
That's some good stuff.
Prior to this year Rick Smith did a terrible job with the picks after the first round. 2013 is a perfect example. your third round picks should be starters neither of our picks even played one down. Yes Bortles is playing way better than anyone expected but Chad is playing well and will be the starter. They needed a stud WR more than another QB. as for Mallet I would not get my hopes up. He sstruggled this year and this with a team he has been with and a play book he knew. Tom Savage beat him out easily which is not a good sign. Let me ask you this would you rather have Clowney or Bortles right now. I still think that BOB goes to McNair at seasons end and has Rick Smith replaced.
Big Louie: Bortles is my answer to your question!
At least let these Rookies play a full season...

Y'all fella's going off what happened in the Pre-Season and college lol