NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Yes. Yes. I was scared they was going to do something stupid and have him smooth slide up out of here first chance he got.

HOUSTON -- J.J. Watt is the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
As he should be.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texa...nster-contract
They didn't waste no time resigning him now he can stop talking about it an play
FUCK YEAH

News so good, had to bring out 69 santa...
JJ Watt will sign a 6 year $100 million contract, with $51.876 guaranteed!!!!

He deserves every penny of it and it was a smart move. Originally Posted by Satin
You have to be a damn fool to think Savage will be a better Qb than manziel. Put some pressure on savage he will fold that dude not ready . Originally Posted by jstone420
Who's a fool? Do you really think Johnny little boy will last in the NFL? ROLMAO

Fuckin fools
One more thought on Mallet. If he is so good why did New England draft Jimmy and then trade away Mallet for only a 7th round pick. That does not sound like a QB of the future Originally Posted by BigLouie
The answer is in the title.

Tom Brady is the New England Patriot's Quarterback.

Brady is the reasoning behind a lot of the decisions that Bill Bellichek makes and gets away with.

Don't want to pay your outstanding wide receivers? Cut 'em; Brady'll make scrubs look like starters anyway.

Don't want to pay for top-shelf running backs? Enh, get some 2nd tier guys, Brady'll throw enough to open up some running lanes.

Have a 26 year old backup coming up on his second contract? What's that? Brady's got 2-4 more years worth of tread on him?

Cut that unproven backup and draft someone else on the cheap that you can train up to take over once Brady's done for real.

Having a guy like Brady lets you cover up a multitude of sins.
Your problem about manziel is that he's short an small. Dude a play maker not scared to take off with the ball savage can't do that he's not ready
I told y'all a while back that Mallet would be coming here. It was a smart move. NE needed to get rid of him because he is a FA at the end of the year. It was trade now or get nothing for him. They at least got a draft pick for him. It's was a business move.
Mallet can be a better backup than Case and fits the BoB system better.
My biggest fear is that Fitz plays most of the season, gets hurt or benched, Mallet comes in, looks good for a game or two, we are all tricked into believing we have a legitimate starter and don't draft one next year.

Oh, and good for JJ.

Derek Carr will be the first rookie QB to start this year. LOL
Good to see JJ being taken care of. In reading all of the stories on the various sports web pages most seen to feel that Mallet is not that great, that Houston still has a QB problem and that our year is not going to go well. CBS sports thinks it will be another 2-14 year but one site thinks 9-7 with BoB getting coach of year honors. SI in their preseason estimate has the Texans finishing last in division. I guess we will see. And for those who think New England trade Mallet because of contact need to go look at his preseaon play. He just did not look very good. He has spent his whole career there and knew the playbook and players and still JimmyG who had never seen the play book or players came in and out played him from the very first day of camp. When I read that on the first day of camp that JimmyG had showed up knowing almost the entire play book and correcting players if they were out of position I knew the Texans would forever regret not trading up and taking him
My biggest fear is that Fitz plays most of the season, gets hurt or benched, Mallet comes in, looks good for a game or two, we are all tricked into believing we have a legitimate starter and don't draft one next year. Originally Posted by boardman
That my friend, is a legitimate concern!
  • Satin
  • 09-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Wes Welker gets suspended for 4 games for amphetamine use.

Jim Irsay gets 6 games suspension, $500K fine and basically a 1 year probation.

Ray McDonald is facing Goodell's new domestic violence policy.

Michael Sam headed to the Cowgirls (pending passing physical) to be on the practice squad.

And we haven't even played the first game yet....
  • TheDr
  • 09-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Wes Welker gets suspended for 4 games for amphetamine use.

Jim Irsay gets 6 games suspension, $500K fine and basically a 1 year probation.

Ray McDonald is facing Goodell's new domestic violence policy.

Michael Sam headed to the Cowgirls (pending passing physical) to be on the practice squad.

And we haven't even played the first game yet.... Originally Posted by Satin
Irsay should've gotten more. He's the freakin' owner for goodness sake! Act like it!

McDonald is a fuckin' idiot! And his wife is pregnant! Way to think about the team asshole. My boyz have enuff prob's without this shyte!

And JJ is a publicity whore so there was absolutely NO doubt he was going to call Sam. Dude used to care about winning. Now it's all about the dollar. Guess I can't be too mad at him. Although Cowboy fans are...
Jerry Jones can get him some glory hole now!!! Dallas Gayboys!!
Foster is ready to go, Cushing is ready to go, JJ is always ready to go, JJoseph is ready to go, Andre Johnson is ready to go, Duane Brown is ready to go, no other team in our division has this many studs. Is Clowney ready? We need a W on Sunday to get the 2-14 off our back. The B'OB era needs to get off to a good start. I am pumped up for Sunday and it's only MFing Wednesday!!!
Dopey is disappointed....

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/sc...y-disappointed

He grew some pussy hair on his chin like Fitz...lmao