NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

They look good at home but do it on the road once Eddie lacy left the game shit started to change . Some of that was aaron rogers fault didn't throw one time at Richard Sherman
Interesting story out there today that the Texans tried all preseason to get Matt Barkley from the Eagles and only settled on Mallet when a deal could not be worked out Originally Posted by BigLouie
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-ryan-mallett/
6 of one 1/2 dozen of another...they're both backups that would be backing up our starting backup.
Seattle picked up where they left off. Bringing the heat again! 36-16.

Maybe the weather was too warm for the Packers..... Originally Posted by kerwil62
Maybe the Pack was simply overrated, it was said that last night their D gave up more points in a season's opener since the 1980s ('83, I think).
I think GB looked good all things considered, they had a lead early in the game, and were competitive till the middle of the 3rd quarter, I still think they can do great things this season.

Let's not forget the ass kicking Seattle gave Denver in the superbowl, in contrast, that game was over before halftime and completely one-sided.

We just have to wait until Seattle gets injuries or more guys popped for PED's, then they will have more competitive games with the other teams in the league..
I look at the Texans shitty schedule and I just can't see them not going 8-8 or better. Famous last words?

Interesting Tweet from Houston Chron writer Dale Robertson.

@sportywineguy: Since '70 merger, Oilers-Texans rank near bottom of every measure of performance. #veiloftears
I look at the Texans shitty schedule and I just can't see them not going 8-8 or better. Famous last words?

Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Yeah, like 12 months ago, who would have ventured a guess their record would be 2-14?
I still can't believe that shit happened! I mean I had little faith in Kubes and Schaub but I didn't know rock bottom was going to hit so hard. Then those injuries started mounting up.

I was pulling for trading up to get Jimmy G or Teddy but I'm still hopeful for a decent season. Still shocked Fat Randy still at it though. He lost a couple games himself.
Well, let's see if the first game will be a barometer of sorts, to forecast what may unfold over the next 16 weeks!!
So far the Texans are hell on wheels the first two downs but can't convert third at all. Looking good on defense
Washington- 06
Houston- 00

2nd Qtr.
Darrel Young 1 Yard Rush. Drive info: 4 plays, 46 yds, 1:37
P.A.T. blocked by J.J. Watt
----------------

Washington- 06
Houston- 07

2nd Qtr.
DeAndre Hopkins Pass From Ryan Fitzpatrick for 76 yds. Drive info: 4 plays, 89 yds, 1:51
Randy Bullock Made P.A.T.
----------------

Washington- 06
Houston- 14

2nd Qtr.
Blocked Kick Recovered by Alfred Blue
Randy Bullock Made P.A.T.

----------------
I have to say, Grizzly Ryan was better than expected. Not spectacular but effective. Foster looks like his old self, and Brooks Reed was like a madman out there. I am now cautiously optimistic.
Nice first win but before everyone gets excited note that Washington was just a 3 win team last year. The Texans got lucky and scored on a blocked punt and a fumble as Washington player was about to score. The Texans only scored 10 points through their own efforts and the long pass was a lucky break. Yes the defense was outstanding but not every team is going to go one-on-one with Watt. BoB was way too conservative on offense. Great to see Foster back to being his old self.
Fuck you mother-nature!!! I can't believe it rained hard enough for me to miss the entire 3rd qtr. & part of the 4th because the lights went out.

Final

Washington- 06
Houston- 17