NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Defense looked really good. Clowney didn't look to beat up. Walked off on his own. Didn't even know it was his knee until they said something. Secondary didn't get too many times to get tested.

Offense, looked conservative. Fitzpatrick seemed almost as passable as Schaub but that's not much.

Yay, light schedule! Raiders next.

Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
You pinch-hittin' for OEW bruh, at least on the snatch part? LOL!!!

JJ Watt earned that paycheck today. Defense looks good but the secondary is still suspect.

Offense is still a little conservative. They need to step it up!

Good win though!
Good W to start the season. Thank god we have JJ.

Defense didn't play as well as the score indicates. Got lucky on the Rg3 fumble to kill a drive. Secondary is still very suspect. They did tackle well however.

Fitz played pretty well. Made a few key throws and throw aways. The scramble late for a 1 st down was key also. Didn't fuck it up like previous QB's.

I was looking hard at the liberty white clad cheerleaders trying to see a Fitz type beard on the clam. Binocs weren't strong enough.

You're my boy Blue!!

Hope the Clown isn't gone for good this year. He looked disruptive at times today too.
I liked how Clowney looked today as well...And Fucking swag boy DJ actually swarming to the ball and making plays, was not expecting that.

I think if we are going to win games, our offense has to be conservative like that, the more we ask Fitz to do, the more likely he will go out there and "Fitz" it. Play great defense and manufacture points, that will be the key this year, pretty much like when Yates took over after Dopey's injury..
We've matched half of last year's win total, I'll take that!..
We've matched half of last year's win total, I'll take that!.. Originally Posted by TheDon

Me too!

We have new things to complain about this year!
Great day for the Texans. Redskins really looked anemic but that may be due to the hometown teams's defense! Other good news (my pov), Dallas getting their ass kicked and Romo sucks as usual and DED, if you are reading this, the fucktard Cheatriots lost! KC lost at home and looked crappy doing it and my Saints lost in OT, their defense really looked like bat Shit!(or what I imagine bat Shit may look like).
Seriously, the cowboys are looking worse each season FFS! I'm thinking I might have to become a Texans fan a year earlier than I anticipated. I can't take another season if it's like they're playing today.
Seriously, the cowboys are looking worse each season FFS! I'm thinking I might have to become a Texans fan a year earlier than I anticipated. I can't take another season if it's like they're playing today. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
Yo, be like Hank Hill. They ain't in the same conference. I'm pretty sure we'll all be dead by time the all Texas super bowl happens.

Jadeveon Clowney to miss 4-6 weeks. Torn meniscus. Noooooooo.
Clowney injury is a bad break for sure
OFB....im huge dallas fan,&they are SHIT......as long as jerry is GM,we not going anywhere. Embarassing performace by romo today at HOME!! we may go 4-12,maybe 6-10 this year,&No franchise QB available next year in 2015 draft,& to add insult to injury,romo's cap number next year:27.8 million......way to go jerrah.....
OFB....im huge dallas fan,&they are SHIT......as long as jerry is GM,we not going anywhere. Embarassing performace by romo today at HOME!! we may go 4-12,maybe 6-10 this year,&No franchise QB available next year in 2015 draft,& to add insult to injury,romo's cap number next year:27.8 million......way to go jerrah..... Originally Posted by Mixshowdj
Actually experts are saying the top 3 QBs next year will be a lot better than this year. Many saying next year will be the best QB draft in a while.

But yes with Jerry as GM the team is doomed because he drafts for sizzle rather than stake. He honestly thought that if they drafted Johnny Manziel it would make them "revelant" for 10 years, how about drafting someone that will make you better for 10 years dumbass.
  • TheDr
  • 09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Actually experts are saying the top 3 QBs next year will be a lot better than this year. Many saying next year will be the best QB draft in a while.

But yes with Jerry as GM the team is doomed because he drafts for sizzle rather than stake. He honestly thought that if they drafted Johnny Manziel it would make them "revelant" for 10 years, how about drafting someone that will make you better for 10 years dumbass. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Don't go throwing common sense in the equation with JJ. Kinda sad actually. Oh well, nice win for the Niners!
  • Satin
  • 09-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Solemate, yeah trust me buddy, DED saw it. I skipped the Texans game and watched the games with him and he was thrilled to see the Cheatriots lose. He was also sweating bullets his Steelers almost lost after going up by 24 points. Watching the games with him and Mixshow is like watching with 2 coaches.

Texans did what they had to do today. JJ is the world's freakiest athlete and Alfred Blue had a highlight reel play for the ages. I was hoping the Clown proved me wrong in my prediction he's going to underachieve for his #1 pick status and spend most of his time being hurt, but so far it's heading that way. Up until the time he left the game, he had a whopping 1 tackle and no sacks.

Fitz managed the game pretty well (206 yards, 1 TD) Andre had 6 catches for 93 yards and BabyMaker had 103 yards on the ground.

Swearinger can't cover worth a damn, but he will light your ass up. He led the team in tackles with 8 and the hit he was called for a penalty on was bullshit. That was a textbook tackle and the ref blew it.

So we're off to Oaktown for an afternoon game (3:25 PM) with the Dopeyless Raiders Sunday. It looks like David Carr's brother will be next to get sacked by JJ. The Black Hole should be fun. 2-0?
Great report, Satin. 2-0 would be a nice start (uh uh...did they not start 2-0 last year?)