$5 a gallon

This didn't age well. This thread is a cornucopia of angry bad predictions. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Wrong. The only reason prices haven't increased is that

1. SPR releases have continued, draining the SPR to dangerous levels
2. There has been demand destruction
3. There has been higher than usual refinery utilization rates with refiners operating at near capacity the last couple months

3. There has been higher than usual refinery utilization rates with refiners operating at near capacity the last couple months Originally Posted by berryberry
Of course. If prices go up, it's Biden's fault. If prices go down, it's caused by many other factors. Extremism thinking at its finest.
The SPR releases have had a rather insignificant, temporary impact on the price of gas at best Berry.

As for capacity utilization, it may be up vs some historical measures, but you've also never addressed the reductions to capacity which mean we're hitting higher utilization with the same and sometimes lower volume.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_op...ation_capacity
I’m not sure why you find that funny. Regardless of this dip in gas prices, democrats are still pure shit when it comes to energy policy. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Because I find obvious hypocrisy to be funny. There's a lot of it coming from the right wing posters in this thread.

3. There has been higher than usual refinery utilization rates with refiners operating at near capacity the last couple months Originally Posted by berryberry
Not wrong. What I said is factually correct. Why lie? You predicted that gas prices would soar higher after the election, but they have done the opposite. These excuses don't change that fact. Another far right poster predicted that they would go up to $10 per gallon. LOL

I'm not one who assigns a ton of blame to the president or a political party for fluctuations in gas prices, but the ones in this thread who do have clearly demonstrated their hypocrisy, just like they do in relation to many issues.
Of course. If prices go up, it's Biden's fault. If prices go down, it's caused by many other factors. Extremism thinking at its finest. Originally Posted by rmg_35
Hey, if you want to give Senile Biden credit as he has manipulated the SPR releases for crass political purposes, have at it.

Of course the SPR is at dangerously low levels and everyone better hope a true emergency doesn't hit

As to demand destruction - I give all the credit in the world to Senile Biden. His high inflation has made it so lots of people can't afford gas or leisure trips which has resulted in demand destruction
Not wrong. What I said is factually correct. Why lie? You predicted that gas prices would soar higher after the election, but they have done the opposite. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
No. I did not. Go back and read what I wrote. Why do you lie?

I didn't predict anything. I made an observation that his blatant attempt to buy votes by misusing the SPR would "LIKELY" mean prices would increase once he is done

Do you understand what LIKELY means?

Obviously Senile Biden has continued his blatant misuse of the SPR which, along with the demand destruction he has caused has helped keep those prices from rising to date. But give it time, he can't manipulate the SPR forever (although thanks to his record high inflation making it hard for people to afford gas, the demand destruction may stick around a while)
Yea, you left yourself some wiggle room like your hero who talks out of both sides of his mouth does, but make no mistake, you predicted and maybe even wished for gas prices to go up.

I don't expect you to see the hypocrisy.
$2.59 at Buck-ee’s (craziest gas station ever with 102 pumps) in Daytona Fla.

Yea, you left yourself some wiggle room like your hero who talks out of both sides of his mouth does, but make no mistake, you predicted and maybe even wished for gas prices to go up.

I don't expect you to see the hypocrisy. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Again, why do you lie?

I don't have any hero's and I didn't predict or wish for what you claim
Also, Biden has begun purchasing oil for the SPR...at the price he mentioned before. Mid 70s per barrel. Hmmm. Seems that Joe Knows ...and the right wing nay-sayers simply suck at making accurate predictions.

Red wave, Tsunami, Lake, Walker- Repeal n Replace, ...

Always threatening but with no solutions.
Again, why do you lie?

I don't have any hero's and I didn't predict or wish for what you claim Originally Posted by berryberry
Like I said, I don't expect you to see the hypocrisy, buy lying is par for the course for your ilk.
Like I said, I don't expect you to see the hypocrisy, buy lying is par for the course for your ilk. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
My ilk?

I guess by my ilk you mean a well read, well educated conservative who enjoys exposing left wing bullshit - guilty as charged

Back on the topic of the thread:

* The recent crude price slump may not be indicative for what is to come in oil markets according to several investment bank analysts.
* OPEC has not consistently produced more than 30 million bpd since 2015-2018.
* Structural underinvestment in new oil supply may lead to structurally higher prices.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...To-An-End.html
My ilk?

I guess by my ilk you mean a well read, well educated conservative who enjoys exposing left wing bullshit - guilty as charged

Back on the topic of the thread:

* The recent crude price slump may not be indicative for what is to come in oil markets according to several investment bank analysts.
* OPEC has not consistently produced more than 30 million bpd since 2015-2018.
* Structural underinvestment in new oil supply may lead to structurally higher prices.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...To-An-End.html Originally Posted by berryberry
Not what I meant to say at all. By your ilk, I meant far right folks who have a problem telling the truth, read a bunch of far right propaganda sites and believe everything they say, and who don't seem to want to see the United States have any type of positive future.

On the topic of the thread, I paid $3.29 yesterday in Pittsburgh. Same thing I paid many times during Orange Turd's presidency, even before the major global pandemic and Russia's war with Ukraine.
Then again, maybe some people don’t consider having a country over run with indigent foreigners and trans kids a positive future.