The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Look like Cowgirls gonna pull off a win vs the Eagles and tie the NFC East with the Eagles at 10-3
Cowgirls play the 7-6 Buffalo Bills in Buffalo at 3:25. This is a MUST WIN for the Bills if they want to stay in the AFC Playoffs Wild Card run.

p.s. Houston Texans playing the Tennessee Titans right now. Why are the Titans wearing the old Houston Oilers uniforms complete with the Oil Derrick logo on their helmets?

I blame CG2014 for this thrashing. He didn’t trash the cowboys before the game, which I think he’s done before every win this season.
LMAO, Tin.

Looks like Cowgirls are trying to screw themselves out of a playoff spot.

Before the game today, they were tied with San Francisco and Philadelphia in the NFC for a playoff berth and a first round playoff bye with home field advantage if the season was to end today..

With 3 more games to go before the end of the regular season, Cowgirls can still shoot themselves in the foot some more by losing more games and end up getting a wild card round if they are lucky.
If they go the remainder of the season without beating a good team on the road, I don’t want to see them in the playoffs. I’d like to enjoy wildcard weekend.
Cowgirls' final 3 games

Sun 12/24 @ Miami (currently 10-4)

Sat 12/30 Detroit at home (currently 10-4)

Week 18 TBD (1st weekend of 2024) @ Washington (currently 4-9)

The first 2 of those games they can still lose.
That was painful enough that I shut it off at halftime. The Bills just wanted it more. Cowboys kept shooting themselves in the foot with needless fouls but the Bills also exposed their weakness to the running game. Really need to rally the next game but I think the division is out of their grasp unless the Eagles are going to continue their downward slide
Yeah, now it’s pretty much playing to prove to themselves (and the fans) they can win on the road. Maybe for a home game in the wildcard round.
Dupe post.
Its was an embarrassing loss. This is the same freaking results year after year. I am pretty sure Cowboys will get choked in the early playoffs.
It will be another disappointing season.
Seattle comes back from behind to beat the 10-3 Eagles 20-16 giving Philadelphia their 3rd loss in a row..

That changes the Playoff picture in the NFC with both Philadelphia and Dallas losing and ending at 10-4 tieing up the division with the also 10-4 Detrotl.

San Francisco is the lone leader in the NFC at 11-3.

Detroit's final 3 games are Minnesota (currently 7-7), Dallas (currently 10-4), Minnesota.

Philadelphia's final 3 games are NY Giants (currently 5-9), Arizona (currently 3-11), NY Giants.

San Francisco's final 3 games are Baltimore (currently 11-3), Washington (currently 4-10), L.A. Rams (currently 7-7).
Guy on the local news last night was saying that Philly still wins the division if they win out but I am pretty sure he's wrong.

if cowboys and philly both win out:

Overall record is 13-4 for both
head to head is 1-1 for both
division record is 5-1 for both
record in common games is 10-4 for both
record in conference games is 9-3 for both
so the tie breaker goes to strength of victory in all games, which right now is 167 for Dallas and just 18 for Philly. basically impossible for them to make up that difference in 3 games, especially if Dallas wins all of them.

Am I missing an important detail here?
Strength of victory is the records of the teams we beat vs the ones they beat. Point differential isnt until later in the tie breaking formula
Oh I see. I misinterpreted the rule.

based on my hurried back of the envelope math, that puts the Eagles at +3 on that tiebreaker so that could still change.

Ofc I don't expect this to be relevant, as the rest of Philly's games should be gimmes and the Cowboys are almost certainly to lose at least one
I kind of expect to lose against Miami if Hill is back... hell even without him. They have a better run game than the Bills do.. and if we don t figure that shit out pronto, this could be an even worse outing. If we have nothing to play for against Washington, I could see the starters only play a quarter.. maybe a half in that final game. I dont think you give them the full game off... got to keep some of the in game motions in place.