NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Yes Cushing had 17 tackles but they were way down the field and not near the line as you want hence the running yards. Fritz is great if he is not rushed and had time to throw, heck who isn't. The problem is that with our line it is not going to happen much. Bills and Dallas both have good run games which is bad news for us. We would have lost the Washington game if Cousins had been QB
I'm worried about the Cowgirls and Romo is not the reason. DeMarco Murray is the reason. That dude dropped over 170 yards on the Titans. Our defense is good but we can't stop the run. Crennel better coach them to plug holes if we are to win.
We came out yesterday defending the pass not the run. DL had their ears pinned back but couldn't get there because the OL did a good job. Cushing was getting blocked at the line because the DL were not keeping the OL off of him.

If they played their base 3/4 the DL essentially block for the linebackers. They were rarely in that package. I don't think they ever stacked the box and made Manning beat them with pressure in his face. Except for a few 3 & 4 wide sets they played max protect for the most part. When Eli has that kind of time and no pressure he can make some nice throws, as we saw.
Yes Cushing had 17 tackles but they were way down the field and not near the line as you want hence the running yards. Fritz is mediocre if he is not rushed and had time to throw, heck who isn't. The problem is that with our line it is not going to happen much. Bills and Dallas both have good run games which is bad news for us. We would have lost the Washington game if Cousins had been QB Originally Posted by BigLouie
I fixed that for you. No way that guy should be an NFL staring quarterback....only in H-town.
C'mon man, no props for my "Fitzsnatchface" or the "Ole Oline"????

Those were quality Daddioisms!!!

Webster's needs to put em in the book!!
You jumped the shark...deal...
Steelers kicked ass, finally. It's been a few years.
I still think they might win 6. Several of their upcoming opponent's don't have good running games.
It's not a lock that the rush D will suck all year, Frank Bush isn't coaching this D.
Looks like the Vagatarian is vaging out again this week.

Nix placed on IR, another quality 3rd round pick we even traded up for. Rick Smith is awesome!!! Fire his Ass!!!
Texans should have taken Jimmy G at start of second round. The guy they took is not even playing. Is the 2014 draft turning into 2013 draft
When your 6th round pick(Blue) is your only true contributor to your team you had a very shitty draft!!

1. Clowney(Bust so Far) GM should have known about the groin injury
2. Su a Filo(Bust, he aint starting, 2nd rounders should be starting)
3. Fiedorowicz(Plays but hasn't shown much, supposed to be a good blocker, probably is, better than Su a Filo I suppose
3. Nix(Major Bust) didn't play a mfer down for us
4. Savage(Bust) not even sniffing the field
6. Pagan has played a little but not shown anything
6. Blue best pick of the draft
6. Prosch - Fullback plays some
7. Hal - unknown
7. Ballentine - unknown, cut I think

C'mon Man!!!
Daddio, you cannot call rookies a bust after only a few games. Some of the best ever NFL players did not contribute in their rookie year.
I think Daddio should read this article before he has to buy a slightly used heart off the Chinese black-market....
:heart-attack joke. not medical speculation:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...istory/page/13
The Texans drafted 19 players over the last two years 3 are starting. That is not a good success rate