NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Oh I agree with that, but still, you can't call someone a bust yet just because they are on the pup list. I wish Rick Smith were on the Mup list. Mentally unable to perform
Rick Smith's 3rd round picks have been god-awful.
The only ones I have claimed to be bust are Su a FILO Nix and Savage. If Su a FILO can't bust in to the starting lineup on this shit fuck offensive line he is a bust. Fat fuck Nix didn't play a fucking down this year, so hell to the yes Rick smith blew that pick like BT blows a tranny!! If Savage can't compete they wouldn't have gone after Mallet, he must suck too.

Clowney ain't on the field, so bust so far yes, hopefully he comes back in time to decapitate Luck in week 6. #1 overall Mfing picks need to be on the field dominating not sucking on nursemaid titties.
When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
If only Rick Smith had the same passion for measuring draft picks as Dopey Dude Daddio has for measuring cocks.
At this point I'm pretty confident saying that Savage was picked to appease the fans.
I don't think any of the QB's picked before him are going to be anyone's long term solution.
Without Marcus Mariota next year's draft class would look a lot like this year's. Lots of athletic ability but not NFL material.
Glad to see you are still paying attention BT, I was beginning to think your eyes had been plastered shut by Dopey's wad after wad after wad he facialized you with. I still see 0 reviews of snatch from you!! Are you on the Gayboy version of eccie? I bet you are!!! Your avatar name is no doubt "Dopey's Butt Plug"!!!
I agree boardman Savage was an afterthought. Because they knew they would catch hell if they didn't take one QB. Thing is, he might be all right but I get the feeling that he won't get the chance.
When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
When Dopey Dude Daddio the Cockhound shares his gay fantasy's about the length of JFF's cock, he leaves nothing open for interpretation. (See above quote!)

DDD the Cockhound must think this is a homo board!
At this point I'm pretty confident saying that Savage was picked to appease the fans.
I don't think any of the QB's picked before him are going to be anyone's long term solution.
. Originally Posted by boardman
Bortles and Bridgewater have looked pretty good in the games they played. They will be fine. Everyone is raving about JimmyG in New England. About he showed up the first day of training camp knowing the entire play book and how he was moving players to their correct position if they were out of position. He looked really good in pre-season and people are talking about him as the replacement for Brady when he retires. His performance is why they dumped Mallett.

The Texans fucked up big time by waiting and taking a player who had gone 1,000 days between playing in college and who shows it.
From http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/2...ed_reserve.php

So if you're keeping track at home, here's the scorecard for the Texans last two rookie classes:

2013 Draft Class (round/selection number)
1/27. DeAndre Hopkins, WR: Solid, budding star player
2/57. D.J. Swearinger, S: Improving starter
3/89. Brennan Williams, OL: Released in July (knee injury)
3/95. Sam Montgomery, DE: Released last season (maturity issues)
4/124. Trevardo Williams, DE: Released before preseason (performance)
6/176. David Quessenberry, OL: Placed on Non-football injured list (lymphoma)
6/195. Alan Bonner, WR: Placed on injured reserve (foot)
6/198. Chris Jones, DT: Started 11 games for New England last season
6/201. Ryan Griffin, TE: Third string tight end on Texans

2014 Draft Class
1/1. Jadeveon Clowney, OLB: Rehabbing knee injury, out 4-6 weeks
2/33. Xavier Su-a-Filo, OL: Backup guard
3/65. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE: Backup tight end
3/83. Louis Nix III, NT: Placed on injured reserve (knee)
4/135. Tom Savage, QB: Third string quarterback
6/177. Jeoffrey Pagan, DE: Backup defensive end
6/181. Alfred Blue, RB: Backup running back, 1st career start Sunday (13/78 yds)
6/211. Jay Prosch, FB: Occasionally gets on field in short yardage
7/216. Andre Hal, CB: Special teams, backup cornerback
7/256. Lonnie Ballentine, S: Placed on injured reserve

Breakdown of the 19 players drafted in 2013 and 2014
* 3 starters (1 of whom is out 4-6 weeks)
* 7 backup/part time players
* 1 quarterback project
* 4 no longer with the team
* 4 on some form of injured/reserve list
Bortles and Bridgewater have looked pretty good in the games they played. They will be fine. Everyone is raving about JimmyG in New England. About he showed up the first day of training camp knowing the entire play book and how he was moving players to their correct position if they were out of position. He looked really good in pre-season and people are talking about him as the replacement for Brady when he retires. His performance is why they dumped Mallett.

The Texans fucked up big time by waiting and taking a player who had gone 1,000 days between playing in college and who shows it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
And Mallet was supposed to be the replacement for Brady. He had all the physical tools.
I'm not saying these guys can't play. I said I don't think they are any teams long term solution. For that reason I'm glad we didn't take them. We'll see where they are in two years. Top fantasy picks or servicable QB's a la Joe Flacco? Hell we've got that now. Fitz will be a roller coaster ride all year. He'll have some 300 yard games and then come out and throw 3 picks.

Russel Wilson is changing the way QB is played. More accurately going back to the way it was played, just with a little more athleticism. Accuracy from the pocket, looking to get the ball downfield in a playmakers hands then making a play only as a last resort to keep a drive alive. Oh, and unquestioned leadership. You remember those guys, Montana, Young, Elway even Marino although his mobility was never as good as the others. Bridgewater and Bortles may have some of those elements but neither has them all.

Wilson also understands the game like those guys did. Fitz with his Harvard education doesn't seem to have that football IQ. He executes plays but he doesn't play the game from what I've seen. I see Mallet as the same type of guy. Who knows about Savage.
  • Satin
  • 09-27-2014, 11:25 PM
He's listed as a "game time decision" but I have a feeling BabyMaker's gonna play tomorrow. He's a prick, but he's the key to this offense. I'm still curious as to why they're not playing Grimes more. He only has 5 rushes, and he had a great preseason and camp. It's great to see the rookie Blue getting some reps though. He might be our future. I don't see them keeping BM after this year.

Sorrio Williams says he "doesn't care" about how he's greeted tomorrow. With that in mind, I'm sure he'll get a real nice reception tomorrow.

Our linebackers have to play better. The Bills will look to run the ball a lot with Jackson and Spiller. Manuel should have a rough day....
He's listed as a "game time decision" but I have a feeling BabyMaker's gonna play tomorrow. He's a prick, but he's the key to this offense. I'm still curious as to why they're not playing Grimes more. He only has 5 rushes, and he had a great preseason and camp. It's great to see the rookie Blue getting some reps though. He might be our future. I don't see them keeping BM after this year.

Sorrio Williams says he "doesn't care" about how he's greeted tomorrow. With that in mind, I'm sure he'll get a real nice reception tomorrow.

Our linebackers have to play better. The Bills will look to run the ball a lot with Jackson and Spiller. Manuel should have a rough day.... Originally Posted by Satin
Excellent analysis!
Crappy play calling so far on both sides
Crappy play calling so far on both sides Originally Posted by BigLouie

I agree!

Attachment 353774