NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The troublesome aspect of the Cowboys game is that they are good at what we are bad at defending. Teams are averaging 6.4 yards per carry against us and that was playing teams with almost no run game. Dallas run game is a lot better so unless things change expect the Texans to get run over. Other than JJ our pass defense has not been that good, we have just been lucky to play some really bad QBs. Look what happened when we played a decent QB, the Giants killed the Texans. Texans offense has not been that great. Against some terrible teams they have struggles to score points. All this adds up to a huge loss. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Good QBs will pick us apart all year.
We've got Romo, Luck and Big Ben to look forward to.
We'll be lucky to win any of those games.
Without question, few if any teams had an answer for Hakeem. Nuff sed.

Jordan had an accumulative 11-13 win-loss record vs the Rockets (while playing in Chicago).
During the regular seasons, the Bulls went 1-5 (vs Houston) their first 3 NBA championships....then went 5-1 against Houston during the second 3-peat.

It's difficult to know which way a Rockets-Bulls series would've have gone had Jordan not been off playing triple A baseball during Houston's run. It'll just be one of those things that gets chalked up as a "what if".

And it's a "what if" that will be forever attached to the embarrassment Houston created for the league in '84....tanking their last 20+ games in order to select Hakeem with the top pick in the draft that summer (Bowie next to Portland...then MJ to the Bulls with the third). Anyway, that eyesore is the reason we have The NBA Lottery today. Thanks, Houston! Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

It wasn't that The Bulls had no answer for Hakeem as much as it was Vernon Maxwell was the answer for MJ. No one in the league could shut him down like Mad Max. That record you cited above is the proof. Maxwell was gone when the Bulls had their second 3-peat.

Dallas fans came down here and showed their asses before, during and after the game a few years ago. So much so that the tailgating rules which had been working nicely up to that point had to be revamped. Thanks Dallas!
I had no idea, Boardman. That's a real shame....all fans, visitors and hosts alike, should conduct themselves accordingly; courtesy and good manners go a long ways, ya know (we should all take a cue from the Nebraska Cornhusker alumni & fans; they're the best....they treat the opposition and their fans with the highest of regard).

On the flipside....avoid using the Philadelphia Eagle fans as a model. Those people are just flat out rude & nasty (if not borderline insane). However, I must say, they do make a mean cheese steak.

Dallas fans came down here and showed their asses before, during and after the game a few years ago. So much so that the tailgating rules which had been working nicely up to that point had to be revamped. Thanks Dallas! Originally Posted by boardman
Should be a fun game tonight.
If Bridgewater lights it up like he did Sunday I may have to eat my words. He carved up a pretty talented defensive backfield.
One game or one season does not make him a superstar but he showed composure, knowledge of the offensive scheme and accuracy.
We'll see if he can hold up and adjust to the adjustments that defenses are sure to make.
Should be a fun game tonight.
If Bridgewater lights it up like he did Sunday I may have to eat my words Originally Posted by boardman
He playing tonight? Or is it a game time decision?
Remember the stat on Fritz the more he throws the more he loses
I am down for meeting BT someday, which mental hospital does he live at?
He playing tonight? Or is it a game time decision? Originally Posted by DickEmDown
It's game time decision. Right now questionable.

Edit:
He was available as a free agent...Was!!!
Man, I'm determined to get you two fuckers together and I will even if it kills me. What's funny is if you 2 stubborn pussy-stalkers ever meet, you boys are gonna like each other! (Damn did I just say that?) We will have to invite The Don, because no one can be a dick around him.

As far as The Girls fans, yeah fuck 'em, I'm just concerned their female fans are not going to be down for fucking and sucking once we spank that ass! Originally Posted by Satin
Hah! I'm DOWN

I might have over rated that situation, I forgot in the opening week the 9ners filled up half that stadium with fans of there own, didn't hear much bs out of that.

Unless something drastic changes, by this time next Friday we will be sitting at .500, licking our wounds and trying to figure out how we are gonna stop the Steeler's 6 YPC rushing attack and Big Ben.
Originally Posted by boardman
I don't think things will have to be drastic. They are less than a TD favorite this week and the game vs Indy we'll be +3 at worst. I think the odds they will win 1 out of those 2 will be around -250. Cowboys played lights out last week, but they were still down 21-0 to Austin Davis at one point the other week and got smoked by SF. Colts had their issues as well the first two weeks, Texans have issues to like every other team. Hard to predict what any of these 3 teams will do.
Watt was fined 16gr for hitting EJ Manuel too hard.
The replay shows that he hit him above the knees, almost at the hip, even though at game speed it may have looked like it was lower. Manuel collapsed as soon as he was hit which made it look like he hit him below the legal area.
The pussification of the No Fun League continues.
Glad he got fined, just extra motivation (not that he needs it). Can't hurt though.
Close to start. Houston interception Dallas fumble
Frirz is looking really bad.
10-7, start of the 4th qutr.....been a close one, boys.....
Texans fired a conservative predictable coach and replaced him with one even more conservative