NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I see your point but the Colts had damn near a sure thing w/ Luck and Manning had the neck issues. But again, point taken. Hell I remember when my Niners let Montana leave but then again we had a future HOF'mer in Young as a replacement. For the Texans sake I hope you're right.

And hoping you're right about tonite. They do seem different this year, but I just can't see it happen two weeks in a row like I said. Surely Logan Mankins wasn't that much of a loss was he? Lol
Originally Posted by TheDr
They might want to be thinking about the future and rebuild too, who knows..I just hope I'm right too, would love to see this all go down the way it is in our heads.

I don't think it's just him. Gronk has been banged up. Hernandez did his thing, and they have no Deep/vertical threat, and all the RB's are now useless because of it, all their draft picks are busts for the most part. They are not in a good spot right now. It is what it is.
It is a sad state of affairs for the Texans. The defense is actually playing pretty well. It held Dallas to 17 points in regular time but the offense sucked. With no deep passing threat our offense is severely hobbled. Fritz just cannot push the team down the field so the team might as well take a look at Mallet. The offense as it is run now cannot beat the Colt, the Steelers, the Eagles and from the looks of it the Browns and maybe the Jags. If they are going to end up 6-10 they might as well play Mallet or even Savage.

Note that in 4 of the 5 games so far the Texans have scored only 17 points. You are not going to win very many games in the NFL if you can only score 17 points a game.
Dude, you need to go get laid or something. Sounds like some major pent up issues are brewing here...you might want to look into that. Now I'm pretty sure if you set yourself up an appointment with one of these fine eccie ladies, she'll do everything she possible can to help calm you down and potentially keep you out of that padded cell. Hey, look at the bright side of things....your team doesn't have Geno Smith at qb. Now that's got to make you feel a little bit better, right?

All in all, in spite of your out-of-left-field soapbox rant over Tony Romo, etc, you did actually point something out that was right: we won.

You 'Romosexuals' get all 'expert' and stuff pretty quickly. I'm not sure.. but... oh yeah.... down there in the bottom right corner of my screen....................... it's only October 5th, for God's sake.

Emotional let down?............. it's fucking football.......... now Jerry's face when Bailey missed the 53 yarder in regulation.... that was an emotional letdown. You gotta love ol' Jer.

Is this really what ya'll talk about?...... "Next week, I hope Tony doesn't have an emotional let down after last weeks close game to Houston. He needs to not kick himself for not exploiting Houston's weak secondary more than he did. He has a lot of pressure here from the fans and media and he may not have shaken off the Saints game yet."

Please read the above with the gayest, whiniest voice you can muster up.

But, you won. All that counts. Originally Posted by ThroatChoker
That's profiling there Bambino. Have you seen our mayor down here?... Ma Parker... we're some diverse mofos!! Keep it up. Got news for ya'....... Cowher ain't coming back.

Damn, I can't get made at the Bambino.... he was the best... and.... I can't get mad at anybody from the 'Steeler Nation' either. Grew up Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris fan.

Cheers. Originally Posted by ThroatChoker
Hey, I had high hope for the Texans. Maybe 9/7. But to lose to the gayboys, unacceptable. BTW, why is Houston a hot bed for trannies?
  • BSer
  • 10-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Houston is a hotbed for trannies cause Texas is full of queers!

No dad im not gay, when I suck cock it has tits too!
  • TheDr
  • 10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
... I don't think it's just him. Gronk has been banged up. Hernandez did his thing, and they have no Deep/vertical threat, and all the RB's are now useless because of it, all their draft picks are busts for the most part. They are not in a good spot right now. It is what it is. Originally Posted by TheDon
See what I mean Don? It's 37-17 Pats and they're still driving... That's just what those dudes do... damn it! Lol
See what I mean Don? It's 37-17 Pats and they're still driving... That's just what those dudes do... damn it! Lol Originally Posted by TheDr
Yep....so much for what I said
All I have to say is 3rd and 2 in OT and you try a pass!??

We had been gashing them with the run ALL 4th quarter. Whose decision was that? We had are best rushing quarter all season.

Well, Thursday will come fast and Luck is playing at a HIGH LEVEL.

We need Clowney back! Whitney Mercilus is Whitney Useless.
Same old shit
I actually thought shitzpatrick played beyond his ability and even baby daddy played well.
  • TheDr
  • 10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Romo: "... yeah there was a lot of Texans fans in there. I mean we basically played a road game today."

Satin I think I saw you mention you were going but whoever went up to the 'Death Star' (as the locals call it) and raised the roof, congrats! Romo had to go to a silent count late in the game. The Dallas sports radio stations are going off on JJ, not the fans, for allowing this to happen. That's the Niners, Saints and Texans game where this happened. Embarrassing... but funny.
This is the result of 18 consecutive years of unprecedented .500 football in Cowboy history and locals (finally) have grown weary of Jerry's mismanagement / idiocy. JJ loves to pat himself on the back for all things that are not related to what's happening on the field....and it's starting to drive fans away in droves.

We have the only General Manager in the league who can carte blanche trade away 2 number one draft picks (wr,Joey Galloway)....follow that up with (trading away) a first, third and a sixth round picks (wr Roy Williams).....follow that up with (trading away) a second round pick (to move up 4 spots in the first) to draft washout LSU cb Morris Claiborne.....ALL of this and still retain his job / position.

He is accountable to no one for his brain dead football decisions......and after all these years the fans have pretty much thrown in the towel (apathy has set in). Screaming / complaining hasn't worked. It's finally come to a head....fans are starting to realize the only way JJ will get the message is to cease purchasing game tickets (or if they hold PSL's, become their own "general manager": put your season tickets up for sale on the internet and pocket a nice profit to boot....ie: taking a que from Jerry on how to soak the paying customer).

The Jones family can pretend there's not a problem, but it's become apparent to the rest of the world there clearly is one. AT&T Stadium has become a "destination point" for the fans of visiting teams....they've seen this place on television and are looking for a reason to see it for themselves someday. And from the looks of it, they're finding an abundance of tickets available to do exactly that.

Romo: "... yeah there was a lot of Texans fans in there. I mean we basically played a road game today."

Satin I think I saw you mention you were going but whoever went up to the 'Death Star' (as the locals call it) and raised the roof, congrats! Romo had to go to a silent count late in the game. The Dallas sports radio stations are going off on JJ, not the fans, for allowing this to happen. That's the Niners, Saints and Texans game where this happened. Embarrassing... but funny. Originally Posted by TheDr
Great plays and play calling on that final touchdown drive. Why can't we play all game that way?

Watt wasn't right. Pickett was in the backfield more than he was. There were plays that he was getting blocked by a single lineman. The effort we've come to expect wasn't there for whatever reason. I hope he's OK.

AF ran hard when he had the lanes. Good to see but the O-line needs to be more consistent. Su a Filo finally got in but I didn't get to really watch his play. It will be interesting to hear how he graded.

Cushing seems to be gaining confidence but I wonder if he maybe has lost a step with his knee injuries.

I still have no confidence in Fitz. I agree, if that's what he's gonna do let's see Mallet or even Savage.

Belichick needs to prove his legacy by winning with another QB. His time is running out and he is looking toward the future. He doesn't think Brady has anything left to offer him. If they win it's because of Brady. If they lose it's Belichick's fault. It's a no win situation. Once the fans turn it will be all over. They will be more patient with Brady than Belichick. He will be forced to make a decision. Either Brady goes or he goes.

It's doubtful that they would make a trade in the middle of the season especially if the Pat are still winning but after this year, especially if the Texans finish middle of the pack, I can see BoB making a run at Brady. With Rick Smith's track record I'd give up a number 1 for a known, albeit aging, QB that already knows what is apparently a complicated system.
  • TheDr
  • 10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
This is the result of 18 consecutive years of unprecedented .500 football in Cowboy history and locals (finally) have grown weary of Jerry's mismanagement / idiocy. JJ loves to pat himself on the back for all things that are not related to what's happening on the field....and it's starting to drive fans away in droves.

We have the only General Manager in the league who can carte blanche trade away 2 number one draft picks (wr,Joey Galloway)....follow that up with (trading away) a first, third and a sixth round picks (wr Roy Williams).....follow that up with (trading away) a second round pick (to move up 4 spots in the first) to draft washout LSU cb Morris Claiborne.....ALL of this and still retain his job / position.

He is accountable to no one for his brain dead football decisions......and after all these years the fans have pretty much thrown in the towel (apathy has set in). Screaming / complaining hasn't worked. It's finally come to a head....fans are starting to realize the only way JJ will get the message is to cease purchasing game tickets (or if they hold PSL's, become their own "general manager": put your season tickets up for sale on the internet and pocket a nice profit to boot....ie: taking a que from Jerry on how to soak the paying customer).

The Jones family can pretend there's not a problem, but it's become apparent to the rest of the world there clearly is one. AT&T Stadium has become a "destination point" for the fans of visiting teams....they've seen this place on television and are looking for a reason to see it for themselves someday. And from the looks of it, they're finding an abundance of tickets available to do exactly that. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Damn Chateau, why you gotta go all old school with the bad drafts and use of picks? Joey Galloway? Dang, not cool. LMFAO Can't argue with you though! And yea heard this morning a fan stating just what you said and that he sold 3 high profile games to cover his season ticket costs and he went to the 5 other home games. Guess Dallas is about to be the only squad to play 16 road games! That being said I will give them credit for drawing quite a bit of Cowboy fans in several true road games. AZ comes to mind. And the recent TN game.
All I have to say is 3rd and 2 in OT and you try a pass!?? Originally Posted by DarthMaul
+1 and

If the defense is clicking going into OT, unless your offense is consistently ON FIRE, then consider kicking if you win the toss.