NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Let me tell you a little story about him. He was drafted by the Steelers and was cut. As he was walking out of the Steelers camp Art Rooney pulled up beside him as said "Good luck Johnny I hope you become the greatest QB in the world!" Originally Posted by BigLouie
And the rest of the story is: He did!
Well now the NBA lockout is over too... Yay! ^_^ Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
Damn you fine..

I would also agree with BB, "a pro is a pro." Where I differ from BB is that I feel it is rather immature to proudly proclaim to "hate" an individual due to what is apparently childish jealousies! Originally Posted by bigtex
Awww schaub. I'm sorry. When I say hater it doesn't mean I hate you. Maybe parts of your game, but you might be ok as a person. I just think with your flaws despite your awesome stats we can do better. I just don't think of you ass a really good qb. I listed the things I hate about your game though several times. I hope you get better though. Prove me wrong champ.

I'm not jealous. Just want the best for the team. And this 5th round kid has displayed more talent. I hope we can be cool now.
Damn you fine... Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Why thank you, babe! Kisses from D-Town
  • Satin
  • 12-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Lmao at BB...so man you're convinced now that "BT" is actually "Dopey", so you're addressing him as such....TFF!!

So have any of you boys gotten any Texans AFC Champs shirts or hats? I had someone get me some today....they look really nice.

I looked up Unitas..way before my time, but he was a bad dude...didn't get to see Montana either....the best I've seen is Peyton. Maybe TJ will be next...lol

So have any of you boys gotten any Texans AFC Champs shirts or hats? I had someone get me some today....they look really nice. Originally Posted by Satin
What?! Are you serious bro? I hope you mean AFC South Champs. If we're making AFC Champs apparel, that will jinx the Fuck out of us! Make Steelers and Patriot Championship shirts instead~

Hi Sweat Treat, I'm a Mavs fan too!
I looked up Unitas..way before my time, but he was a bad dude...didn't get to see Montana either....the best I've seen is Peyton. Originally Posted by Satin
I would probably have to agree! Over an extended period of time Peyton is the best I have ever seen. It is not any one game in particular but more a reflection of his natural skills, intelligence, work ethic, consistency and overall knowledge of the game. (I suppose I had better be careful, Satin will next accuse me of being a P. Manning lover, LOL) Johnny U is also on the short list of all time great qb's that I have watched through the years! Off of the top of my head, I can not think of anyone else who would fall in the Manning/Unitas category.

As for Montana, I would put him a notch below Manning and Unitas. Montana first broke my heart on an icy (with a blistering north wind) January day in the 1979 Cotton Bowl. The drive back to Houston was extremely long and treacherous following that heartbreaking loss! I still occasionally shed a few tears over that game! On the long trip home, Coog tears iced over every bridge and overpass between Dallas and Htown!

Montana went on to break my heart again 15 years later in the Astrodome (I attended both games). If I am not mistaken, a Houston (NFL) team has not played in a playoff game since that day. Despite my years of personal anguish, I have to give credit where credit is due! Joe Montana was one of the all time great qb's.

AJ and his old buddy Schaub (though they didn't play, I'm really happy for these guys)

Jacoby Jones, Antonio Smith, Joel Dreessen, Tim Bulman, Connor Barwin,

Dre

TJ... "thanks for catching the ball",,, Walter "thanks for throwing it to me"...hehehe

Barwin and Meeco (no they're not fighting...this is how defensive players celebrate... They yell and punch each other...hehehe)

Ninja-"..feels so good I could sack u right now TJ"...TJ-"but u won't big dawg, remember who wears the red jersey in practice"..hehehe

Jacoby,TJ and Meco..(looks like Jones and Yates are still buds even after THE DROP)
Downside of the game...

...looks like another crip joins the gang.. "Starting right guard Mike Brisiel suffered a lower-leg fracture against the Cincinnati Bengals and had surgery on Monday morning, but the Texans hope he can return this season."

.. and looks like I'm not the only one wondering why Mason has been a non-factor,,, as he was released Monday morning.. the guy was a beast in his day but OMG the drops here lately... best wishes Derrick!...

However, this means they may be calling on Trindon Holliday back from the practice squad.. Holliday, was a beast at LSU but probably overlooked because of his size (5'5").. But he is one of those recievers/returners with excellent speed and open-field game.. This guy is one of the fastest in the NFL if not THE Fastest in the NFL with reports of him posting a 4.21 time in the 40... As Jacoby's role @ WR is increasing, I'm guessing Kube's may call on Holliday to return some kicks.. If he is as good as I think he can be, we might be in for a treat...
  • Satin
  • 12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Don, lmao. Of course that's what I meant....picky picky...

BT, I have no problems with you or anyone being a Peyton Manning lover bro, I am too, even though I hate the Smurfs. I don't have to say this, but just mentioning Peyton and Dopey in the same sentence is a crime...

Cat-Man, are you recapping my Briesel news bro? I mentioned that a few posts ago...lol (just messing with you bro)....

Where in the hell are you getting these pics from? My boy thinks you work for the Texans....anything you wanna tell us?

I heard Mario is gonna command $22million to franchise him...NFW!!!
I don't think Mario is worth it.

Love me some Peyton though.

Where in the hell are you getting these pics from? My boy thinks you work for the Texans....anything you wanna tell us? Originally Posted by Satin
For real, he's getting all of these pics, all these stats.

I bet he's Rick Smith.
Cat-Man, are you recapping my Briesel news bro? I mentioned that a few posts ago...lol (just messing with you bro)....

Where in the hell are you getting these pics from? My boy thinks you work for the Texans....anything you wanna tell us? Originally Posted by Satin
1st set of pics...came from the players themselves as the fellers were blowin twitter up big time after the game!. 2nd set of pics from Texans.com
..... I'm also pissed that my Lakers just sent my boy Lamar Odom to the Mavericks... Kobe's even pissed....
But back to the NFL...it seems as though the injury bug keeps biting us. Now OL Mike Briesel broke a bone in his leg and was operated on this morning. He hopes to return sometime during the playoffs.... Originally Posted by Satin
AND my bad Satin ... I quit reading after "my puddles"..ooops I mean "my Lakers"... hehehe.. .. Mike Brown now huh? hmmm.. *Well I'm glad U like the Texans The O-Line has been the foundation of this Offense so hopefully we can continue with "The Next Man Up" theme..BTW we've got a really tough team, the injury bug might suggest otherwise but there is no quit in these guys.. That's twice now we have been able to pull off a W with a Texans' player on the field playing with broken bones.. And the long listed injury reports ever week??? Think they want it? Man I love this group! Safety 1st though fellas..

sweet.treat69...U look yummy, I bet your a sweet treat indeed!... And I'm glad U like the Mavs more than the Cowboys...hehehe... They've really turned that once sub-par team into an NBA powerhouse... Hopefully we will have 3 NBA playoff teams in Texas this year.. Can we have Dirk?... jk...But hopefully we will find our big man soon..

BTW I love the-all-time-great QB talk fellers... like satin posted, Johnny U was beyond my time as well. But U fellers got me check-in up on him and looks like he was not only a great QB but his style of play helped shape the NFL into what it is today.. WOW... looks like he was a major pioneer... So thanks for that... Great posts!! I'm a fan of the game then and now so please carry-on

and on with the AFC South Champs... Tuesday Stat N Snatch coming up!
TUESDAY STAT N SNATCH wk14

Total Offence: 9th(378.9 yds/g) | Total Points: 5th(330) | Points/game: 5th(25.4) | Time of Pos/game: 1st(33:22) |TO: 4th(+10)

Rushing: 2nd(151.9yds/game) 1,975 so far this season

Total defence: 1st(274.9yds/g) | Int: 3rd(17) | Sacks: 4th(36)

W-L: 10-3

Unless you live under a rock, you know division is won and a 1st EVER Texans Home playoff is guaranteed...
Happened quick as the best case scenario payed off!

YOUR TEXANS ARE NOW BACK AT 1ST IN AFC!**** However,,,
We are tied with BAL, NE and PIT in W-L.. if we all win out we will drop to #3 and loose 1st round BYE! Since we beat PIT in the head-to-head matchup, they will only surpass us if we loose...
So basically we need to WIN OUT and have NE and BAL to loose at least 1 in order to finish 1st...

Here are some notable games w/ hopeful outcomes in TXN's favor
#1 wk15 NE @ DEN (root for more 4th Q Tebow majic... Satin feel free to wear your Tebow jersey this Sunday)
#2 wk15 BAL @ SD Chargers are looking good this month (averaging 37.5pts/game and allowing only 12/game) Their D is 7th against the pass but suck against the run... but does NE ever do that??? hardly! their 21st in rushing
#3 wk 17 BAL @ CIN Cincy looked good(better than I thought) against our #1 D and will face BAL's #3 D for an even bigger game(for Cincy) as their playoff hopes maybe hanging in the balance...

--Jim Rome interviews our rook TJ Yates.. check it out

---Or go to Texans.com podcast central and listen there

--NFL.com Power rankings came out today... Texans #7 ???
I understand putting them behind GB, BAL and NO.. But behind NE, PIT and SF?? come on man...
1st of all,,,we beat PIT
and 2nd,,NE lost to PIT, BUF(5-8) and Giants(7-6).. but could easily be 13-1
and 3rd,,,SF lost to the ARZ(6-7) and DAL(7-6)... wtf.. no respect for TXNS
The only team TXNS lost to that is not a top 3 is OAK.. and we all know that game was tossed! And I know I am not the only 1 that thinks TXNS can easily be sittin @ 12-1
At least show us an ounce of respect and pencil us in at 4 or 5!... but 7?? and coming off these 2 last W's??

--And the whispers grow louder... It's not just the fry cooks talking anymore...

....KUBE'S FOR NFL COACH OF THE YEAR?? comments??

If you care to see how the Texans are progressing, check wk13,,,wk 12, wk11 BYE, wk10,
_________

BT, I have no problems with you or anyone being a Peyton Manning lover bro, I am too, even though I hate the Smurfs. I don't have to say this, but just mentioning Peyton and Dopey in the same sentence is a crime... Originally Posted by Satin
Damn Bro, it is beginning to look like you're the one with the Schaub fetish that needs strokin'! I went back and re-read the entire post you appeared to be referencing and Schaub's name was not mentioned a single time. Plus there was not a single time that he was even alluded to.

Perhaps you need to take a time out the next time you are in a SC and ask if there is a Dr in the house to help you with your problemo!

But since you brought Schaub's name up, I will sure be glad when the 2012 season gets here. I am looking forward to Schaub leading us to Super Bowl glory!

Thanks for helping me recapture my focus!
  • Satin
  • 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Cat-Man, I look forward to this post and this week was very interesting...

The Rook did a nice job on Rome today...

Lmao at BT, man I just got your text, but bro you need to back away from the keyboard a couple days...I'll keep that in mind as I'm here in your town pounding away at your Austin stripper hoes tonight....

I got my TJ jersey made as it will replace my Dre jersey. It will become common when the Rook replaces Dopey next year. Then Dopey can go back to being a benchwarmer like he was when we got him...lol

Cat-Man, so can I assume you're a Laker hater too bro?