NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Rumor has it that Tom Brady is unhappy right now. True he is 38 years old but an aging Tom Brady would be better than anything The Texans have ever had at quarterback.
They just blew out a really good team though, doubt anything will happen soon following that.
I have this horrible horrible feeling that the curse of Rick Smith will strike again and Clowney will never be healthy for more than 2 or 3 games a season.
What's the status on Clowney for Tonight? I am assuming he is no go because I haven't heard anything. Would be nice to have him to try to get to Luck, but probably a smart move to hold him out so he gets additional rest. Hopefully he will be ready soon.

What's your prediction for the game? My crystal ball is very cloudy, if we win we know it will be close because we can't score much. If we lose, it could be close or it could be a blow out do to the slow ass secondary trying to cover TY Hiltons fast ass. Hopefully the babymaker stops complaining about Thursday night games and gets some good lactaction so he will be ready to roll. He is the key for us. Originally Posted by Daddio
Out for tonight.
They are hopeful he will be back for Pittsburgh.

Heard some interesting stats on SR 610 this morning concerning Luck. Bottom line is DO NOT blitz him.

His QBR is right in the middle of the pack against base defenses. Against the blitz he is off the charts in terms of production. It's where he likes to be. Sound familiar with Colt's QB's? I hope JJ feels better than he did Sunday. He needs to get to Luck early and often.
What was the issue with 99 last Sunday? Was it a case of the Dallas O-line keeping him at bay all day.....or Tony "Eyes-in-the-back-of-his-Head" Romo doing his patented matador move on him?

All kidding aside....I know JJ is a superb player and I'd seriously love him in Dallas.

Was he injured / ill this past weekend?.....didn't read anything in the DMN (yes some of us still read newspapers) that mentioned him feeling bad. But it was evident he wasn't much of a factor in last week's game, for sure, so it had to be something. Foster's the one who really impacted the game (and everyone in Big D is still stunned that on 3rd and 2 in overtime that he didn't carry the ball considering the Cowboy's front seven was clearly gassed.)

.......I hope JJ feels better than he did Sunday. Originally Posted by boardman
What was the issue with 99 last Sunday? Was it a case of the Dallas O-line keeping him at bay all day.....or Tony "Eyes-in-the-back-of-his-Head" Romo doing his patented matador move on him?

All kidding aside....I know JJ is a superb player and I'd seriously love him in Dallas.

Was he injured / ill this past weekend?.....didn't read anything in the DMN (yes some of us still read newspapers) that mentioned him feeling bad. But it was evident he wasn't much of a factor in last week's game, for sure, so it had to be something. Foster's the one who really impacted the game (and everyone in Big D is still stunned that on 3rd and 2 in overtime that he didn't carry the ball considering the Cowboy's front seven was clearly gassed.) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
He was on the injured list as Probable(Thigh). Never really heard what the exact issue was and BoB is not forthcoming with that kind of info.

I've been hearing some talk on the local radio from Ted Johnson (MLB under Belichick an Crennel at NE). He takes exception to the way JJ plays in a way. JJ has been given pretty much free reign to free lance as he wants. Ted's philosophy and I assume Crennel's is that if you are going to abandon your assignment you'd damn sure better make a play because if you don't you put pressure on the entire defense especially the MLB. This was also a concern with Crennel coming in. His defenses are known for discipline. Could he keep that discipline on defense and let JJ be the player he is?

It makes me wonder if JJ has had his reign pulled back a little due to the fact that we are giving up big yards on the ground and they are attempting keep everyone in their assignments to try and shore up that part of the defense.

Now with that said. While watching the game it sure looked like JJ's motor wasn't running full speed. Don't know if he was really hurt, butt hurt or just playing the game plan.

As for the 3rd and 2, Yeah all of Houston is asking that question. Foster was running great and the defense was on their heels. Why take the ball out of his hands and put it Fitz's with the game on the line? Hell for that matter run a bootleg or QB draw but don't ask him to pass for it.
This is not looking good
C'mon BL...it's only the 1st quarter
WTF is wrong with Kareem Jackson? He can't cover anyone then he goes out of his way to make incidental contact to prevent the WR from scoring a TD. Ridiculous.
Ok BL, maybe you're right...17-0
Hope this shut s up the people who were pretending that the Texans had a chance to win the division. This reminds me of all those previous ass kickings when Peyton wore a colts uniform.
And the Texans have not even gained 10 yards yet
Anyone still think the Texans will go 10 and 7 and win the division.
Who cares about this "SUPER" thread, Texans just plain suck when they can't beat the Cowboys.
When it was 24-0 I thought about flipping the channel over to AMC and catch up on The Walking Dead marathon (since that's what I thought I was watching in that first quarter). lol.....hey, just kidding.

Game just ended....and they had to go 91 yds for the win with no time outs and doink! <fumble> (but hey! they gave themselves a chance, right? Early on it sure didn't look like that would be remotely possible.)

Two losses in 4 days....damn that's tough. Anyways, hang in there, Houston fans. It's early October and there's still plenty of football remaining and anything can happen. And remember, as I've said before, it could be a whole lot worse.....you could have Geno Smith & Rex Ryan on your sidelines.