NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• TheDr
  • 10-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I agree with Chateau. Great comeback Texans. They showed a lot of heart. Finally a decent Thurs night game.

JJ is a beast- we knew that though! But did I really see ole boy doing the Nae Nae after his touchdown!?! Nice...
Yeah Doc, JJ doing the NaeNae was some funny shit!

It seems like he's the ONLY person busting his ass out there. He's definitely earning that paycheck! Foster did pretty good out there with two TD's but sadly it wasn't enough.

Fitz needs to muthafuckin GO!!!
  • TheDr
  • 10-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Yeah Doc, JJ doing the NaeNae was some funny shit!

It seems like he's the ONLY person busting his ass out there. He's definitely earning that paycheck! Foster did pretty good out there with two TD's but sadly it wasn't enough.

Fitz needs to muthafuckin GO!!! Originally Posted by kerwil62
Hilarious! Of course at the bar we were watching the game at no one else knew that's what he was doing. Lol

Unfortunately Fitz is all you got buddy. Not sure they will pull him for Mallet this year. Though I agree with some of the other guys that it may make sense under the right circumstance. But don't think they will due to them making a commitment to good old Grizzly A. Haha And yeah Foster looked nice yet again. Nice to see. Good luck to your boyz.
Basically what I saw tonight was a good college team with two supermen on it. Without Foster and Watt there would be zero offense and defense.
Here is what I think the Texans will do the rest of the way:

Oct 20 - at Pittsburgh, 8:30 PM ET - Loss
Oct 26 - at Tennessee, 1:00 PM ET - Win
Nov 2 - vs. Philadelphia, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Nov 9 - Open
Nov 16 - at Cleveland, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Nov 23 - vs. Cincinnati, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Nov 30 - vs. Tennessee, 1:00 PM ET -Win
Dec 7 - at Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Dec 14 - at Indianapolis, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Dec 21 - vs. Baltimore, 1:00 PM ET - Loss
Dec 28 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ET Win

6-10 and maybe drafting too low to get a franchise QB.

Texans have only 2 stars, Foster and Watt. They should start looking at Mallet and Savage during the bye week. Fritz has shown all he has and it is just not good enough.
Two keys to this loss:
  1. I said it once and I'll say it again...the offensive line didn't give Fitzy any time in the first half and didn't block for the RB's. No Fitzy isn't the next Joe Montana but he is running for his life.
  2. We cannot rush to the QB with one guy. We need Clowney back yesterday.

The offense didn't give the defense any rest, that's why they look like shit. We have to blitz to get an pressure on the QB which leaves the corners one-on-one. They can't keep up with the wideouts all day.

They will beat Pittsburgh. Sorry DED but Pittsburgh looks terrible.
I agree they may beat the Steelers.

Most of you guys screaming for the Ftiz to be benched must not be looking at the offensive line. If they put the rookie Savage or Mallet in there it's gonna get real ugly real fast. But if they don't start blocking better you may get your wish as the Fitz will eventually get hurt.

They are much better than I thought they would be and Fitz has played pretty good especially in the last two games. I think they have a chance at a 500 season.
Fitzsnatchface fucked it up in the end. The ole Oline is fucking horrid, even 76 is whiffing and letting them get to Fitzsnatchface way too fast. He has no chance. They made the fucking shitty colts Dline look like fearsome foursome. The "Statue" Mallet or the clipboard holder Savage are not the answer behind the ole Oline.

On pink boobie night Pagano pimp slapped Bill O'brien and repeatedly titty fucked him senseless!! The onside kick and ensuing onslaught of deep balls exposing our Mfing slow ass secondary buried us. This costs us any shot at the division title. JJ tried to single handedly save the day and almost did. I believe that was the loudest I have ever heard the old stadium after the pickup six!!! The crowd would start to die down slightly, they would show JJ on big screen and the place went ape shit again. Chicks were dancing tittle were flopping it was off the hook!

Fuck, can't see us beating anybody but the shitty titans and shitty jags the rest of the way.
  • Satin
  • 10-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Daddio, I have to agree with you 100%, not much more I can add. It's a damn shame to go down 24-0 on TNF, in front of your own fans. But the comeback they tried to make was resilient. The onside kick was brilliant.

The only other thing to add is the play of Justin James Watt. This guy is insane. And he's only 25. He could be the greatest ever.
Did you see the weak attempt by Hopkins to try to recover the fumble at the end of the game? Wow. Dude wanted NO parts of that...
Yes Hopkins totally pussied out!!! Fucking game on the line, ball on the ground, weak ass effort from that mfer for sure!!! 80 fucked the pooch too with his fumble!! Karma is a bitch 80, you wanna be a winner, win the damn game like 99 does!!!

Watt is the greatest fucking D Lineman I have ever seen. He is a step ahead of everybody on the field, he almost had another pick six too!! No D lineman has ever been that fast, NOBODY!!
A lot more of this is on Fritz. Talk show people are saying that in games the passes are there but Fritz does not make the play. If the Texans list the next two games and I fully expect them to they should look to the future and see what the other QBs can do do they get a better idea if they need to draft one. I also have to wonder if BoB will go to McNair at the end of the year and tell him that he can't win with Rick Smith players and that they need a new GM. With 2013 draft bring do bad and 2014 looking questionable Ricks days may be numbered. I know everyone likes Clowney but would you rather have Bortles right now
I loved the fact that every ball to Andre was thrown behind him so he had to make a spin catch to snag it...half of Fitzpatrick's completions would have been incompletes with other receivers...

Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Deacon Jones...JJ Watt...
I loved the fact that every ball to Andre was thrown behind him so he had to make a spin catch to snag it...half of Fitzpatrick's completions would have been incompletes with other receivers... Originally Posted by Wakeup
You do know some of those were thrown on purpose to the "back shoulder" huh....or were they

Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Deacon Jones...JJ Watt... Originally Posted by Wakeup
How could you leave off Mean Joe Greene
Mean Joe was a defensive tackle...JJ, along with those mentioned, are/were defensive ends...

Fitz only wishes those were intentional...
I know he played DT, but so does JJ on occasion and so did Reggie White...quit hatin' on my Steelers man, give Mean Joe his due