John McCain agrees with what I been saying all along: Trump doesn't represent the GOP!!!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Trump's policy would have kept the father out of the US. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
No it wouldn't. Again, you prove beyond doubt that you are full of shit.

Either you are a lying POS or you are the dumbest poster on Eccie.

You pick!
Some of you Repubs have short memories if you don't think McCain speaks for the GOP.

He only secured the nomination for President in 2008... without all of this infighting among the party. He had the backing of every Republican member in the House and Senate.

Contrast that with Trump, who doesn't have the backing of Mitt Romney, who was the nominee just 4 years ago, doesn't have the backing of Cruz, who was seen as a rising star for the GOP since he was able to get elected by the tea party (which have now abandoned him for Trump)...

The GOP has never been this fractured in all my life. Trump has no hope to win when even his own party doesn't want him.
Some of you Repubs have short memories if you don't think McCain speaks for the GOP. Originally Posted by RelaxationJunkie
I'm not a "Repub" .... McCain doesn't speak for the GOP. He did ask the GOP to speak "for him" and put him in the White House. A good part of the GOP seemed to be disappointed in his choice for VP and Palin got trashed left AND right (pun intended). So that's one bit of "proof" he doesn't "speak" for the GOP! Secondly there have been occasions when McCain has taken a position distinctly different from the "rank and file" GOPers in matters in the Senate, and he's been known to work both sides of the aisle.

He served this country in and out of prison. Based on his history of events I suspect he still has ghosts from his experiences in captivity and with some hesitation on his part served this country admirably while a POW.

That service and loyalty doesn't give him a pass.
  • DSK
  • 08-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Look, no matter how you slice, dice or spin it, Drumpf stepped over a line he shouldn't have. And then doubled down on it.

Obviously he doesn't get it.

If his advisers didn't tell him that he was out of bounds and go STFU, then they should be fired. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
No he did not step over the line. Those people attacked him fully intending to cry that you cannot attack a Goldstar family.

You can counter attack when they attack you at a political convention.

What did you expect him to say..."I'm wrong about that, thanks for correcting me?
No he did not step over the line.

What did you expect him to say... Originally Posted by DSK
A long time ago friend of mine said regularly ....

"Infection will out"!

When the vetting gets done and the facts ooze out ... drip by drip ....

... Khan will become a liability and he will get kicked to the curb!

Like all the other bullshit ... headliners .... the same crowd whining about Trump regarding Khan today will be screaming .....

...."that's history!!! Why do you keep bringing up the past?"