Astros

• bbkid
  • 11-06-2022, 08:44 AM
bbkid is gonna be SOOOOO hungover & doing so much celebrating we might not see him til [checks calendar] December 14th Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Ha! Nah DG, a little hungover - just now got up! (It's actually 10:30, not 9:30 - lol).
Geeze, that homer by Air Yordan was incredible!!! My buddy called it. He had just said that it's tine for him to crank one, and he did!!!
Gotta love my man, Framber. He just smiles and gets it done. Can't help but love him.

A little R & R today and then downtown for the parade tomorrow. Back to work Tuesday.

Sadly, baseball season is over. Time for me to mourn for a couple of weeks, then start studying for projected lineups for next year! February can't get here soon enough for me.

Also pissing off Mattress Mac at the end of Game 3 just gave a much needed spark to the team.
I must admit that shit was funny as hell when I saw that video. LMAO!!! Originally Posted by kerwil62
Didn't know the old man had it in him, quite frankly. Was funny indeed.

HOUSTON ASTROS - YOUR 2022 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
Question:
Since they've taken down Tal's Hill; how many HR's have been hit to that section of the park?
I don't think many
Handful maybe
https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...t-astros-title

Man, money where your mouth is. I love it…Mack is a character!

“Bookmakers on Saturday forked over what's believed to be the largest payout in sports betting history -- approximately $75 million -- to a Texas furniture store owner who earlier this year plunked down $10 million in bets on the Houston Astros to win the World Series.
Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale jumped for joy in his front-row seats at Minute Maid Park as the Astros clinched the World Series with a 4-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 6 on Saturday.….

I was at the game. Agree air Yordan Moment was the biggest adrenaline boost I’ve gotten in 10 years. Honestly the best part was after the game seeing that smile on Dusty Baker’s face, a man who’s done great things finally got his due!
Did anyone figure out how they cheated on this one ?
  • pxmcc
  • 10-23-2023, 03:28 PM
so what are ya'lls' predictions for Game 7?

my prediction is 'Stros win 4-3 in a nail biter decided in the 9th inning..

this series has been wack so far..

and just walk whatshisname. that's my story and i'm stickin to it..

i get the really really inside pitches, but..
All I know is it’s do or die them boys better bring it tonight! Fingers crossed!
You are referring to the Rangers?
Isn't there a mercy rule?
It’s all over but the crying. Unless….
IF THE TEAM FROM HOUSTON WINS IT ALL IN 2023, YOUR $3K MATTRESS PURCHASE IS FREE, FREE, FREE!
LET'S GO ASTROS!
Mattress Mack is gangsta
  • pxmcc
  • 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
i told the 'Stros to walk Garcia. alone he had 5 RBIs in Game 7. if they had listened to me (lol), they still mighta lost but at least they woulda had a shot. momentum is a thing, u know..

sometimes u gotta know when to put up the white flag, or cry uncle, ya know. for me it was always when one of my older brothers was beating tf outta me. lol..
i told the 'Stros to walk Garcia. alone he had 5 RBIs in Game 7. if they had listened to me (lol), they still mighta lost but at least they woulda had a shot. momentum is a thing, u know..

sometimes u gotta know when to put up the white flag, or cry uncle, ya know. for me it was always when one of my older brothers was beating tf outta me lol.. Originally Posted by pxmcc
So the Astros would still have loss 6 to 4 lol.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-23-2023, 10:18 PM
So the Astros would still have loss 6 to 4 lol. Originally Posted by arañanegra
you're probably right. but Garcia was putting wind in his teammates' sails while the Stros were getting their confidence shaken.

my thought is to make the other guys beat you, not Garcia. he's been on fire pretty much the whole series.

anyway, it's all water under the bridge now. they had a pretty good season and gave the Rangers all they could handle. there's always next year.
  • pxmcc
  • 10-28-2023, 10:00 AM
how long does it take a team to figure out you do not pitch to this guy..

https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/10/28/ad...s-diamondbacks