Barter thread ... lets all swap 'n pop

Laptop....new twin bedroom set....income verifcation...I'm sure I could think of more.
Car... someone has to own a car lot lol (I have a car but want to trade mine in or something for a nicer one) - couch, small dining room table, ipad, xbox360
  • Jax
  • 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Like to read? Got some great mystery novels!!
ipad mini with AT&T 4G with Applecare+ any takers
two words, air conditioning. I can repair. plumbing, electric too.
I need a new couch and I too need some paycheck stubbs or income verification to move as the legit checks I get from my part-time job just don't quite cut it!!
two words, air conditioning. I can repair. plumbing, electric too. Originally Posted by RustyShakelfurd
It's always nice to have a good handyman around!
I have seen the ladies mention income verification , I did not knw this was option and honestly do not know what it would entail but I am interested as well. Also I am wondering if anyone has a good idea on how to fake a job. I am thinking of somethign like this , some kind of data entry or web research "gig " Where I could be provided with papers or somthing from a real biz. It would need to look legit at a glance , some thing I could show to someone and say look this is what Im doing ! Im very open to ideas and will barter for the idea and whatever papers or info I would need to look like I am actually doing this gig.
PB, I do like your avatar! Unfortunately I can't help you with your question...
a good idea on how to fake a job.
well you are already in the right profession, lots of faking on the job.

Where I could be provided with papers or somthing from a real biz.
You can always print your own biz cards and put anything on it you like.
And a catchy website: www.fakeajob.com
Car mechanic...?
Website design, search engine optimization, and web site hosting.
DO NOT fake paycheck stubs or W2's or any kind of paperwork related to what you may be filing with the government. There are ads in the Business Services for Providers section on this all the time, but seriously, that's just too easy to invalidate, and what the IRS will do to you is WAY worse than the slap on the hand you'll get for a prostitution charge.

Start filing taxes as an entertainer. That's what I do. Yep, you'll have to keep records and pay taxes, but then you'll get that verification you need (I got a new car loan with just my tax returns) and won't have to worry about an audit, fines/
interest, and possible jail time if/when the IRS realizes you spend a lot more than you have evidence of receiving. (They do go over bank records randomly, ya know.)

Now, "creating" a plausible "cover" job isn't that difficult. I'm the sole proprietor of Fancyinheels Entertainment, a perfectly legit enterprise, business cards, income records, receipts kept for tax deductions. I'm an "entertainment organizer, producer, and consultant." I started out part time, slowly increased the amount of income I reported, and now this is a completely established source of revenue.

If you're seriously doing this as your only job, you pretty much have to do the paperwork the legal way even if you aren't earning it legally. The IRS doesn't care where your money comes from, and it's the only way for a self-employed professional girl to get a credit history.

Back to the thread.... I'll barter for veterinary, automotive, and photography services here in Houston, accommodations, beauty/spa treatments, entertainment, and photography when I visit Austin. I would like some slick photos, and noooo, I don't mean sticky slick.
  • gh
  • 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Tax advice/prep. Kinda out of season though.
  • Annef
  • 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
I need a new couch and I too need some paycheck stubbs or income verification to move as the legit checks I get from my part-time job just don't quite cut it!! Originally Posted by Scarlett Rossi
paycheck stubs are a snap. PM me and I'll direct you to the website. Costs like $10 a paycheck stub. I have used them before without a problem.