Board Participation

Grammar schammar, who cares. Girls is hot, good at what she does and she is fun, I could care less. Originally Posted by Incognito44
If it is for a BNG, then I agree with you but not for anything more than that, and definitely not for a repeat visit.

Grammar has a lot to do with the chances of "connecting" with someone. People tend to emulate those they admire, are close to or want to be close to (or in a work environment: kiss up to)

It it works too: We all have a natural affinity toward those who admire us or who think we are "cool". So If a provider writes or talks in a broken "street pimp" dialect, I think:
"okay, she thinks that is cool, and that is not me, so I am probably not going to connect.

In a case like that, I would not want more than a cheap 30 minute quickie."... if even that.
Precisely why i am not fond of HH session any ways. I have so much more to offer than a BNG
Thanks Invisible and Bojulay!!

And I'm trying my best not to fix someone's common phrase.... LOL
I've never had an issue with someone that spoke their mind, provided they present themselves in a thoughtful manner. Frankly, given the number of pimped girls that are showing up here, I am more likely to see someone that demonstrates a little vocal independence...less likely to be managed, in my experience.
Precisely why i am not fond of HH session any ways. I have so much more to offer than a BNG Originally Posted by Mya Michelle

I do not know why ladies offer the 30 min sessions. I mean it takes the same amount of time to get ready for 30 minutes as it does for 60 minutes.
If it is for a BNG, then I agree with you but not for anything more than that, and definitely not for a repeat visit.

Grammar has a lot to do with the chances of "connecting" with someone. People tend to emulate those they admire, are close to or want to be close to (or in a work environment: kiss up to)

It it works too: We all have a natural affinity toward those who admire us or who think we are "cool". So If a provider writes or talks in a broken "street pimp" dialect, I think:
"okay, she thinks that is cool, and that is not me, so I am probably not going to connect.

In a case like that, I would not want more than a cheap 30 minute quickie."... if even that. Originally Posted by yourself
Well I was talking about more about posting on the board. Not girl who talks bad grammar and street lingo when you meet her

Heck, this one girl I saw, apologized for using word fuck, after we had some nasty fun :-) That I thought was pretty funny.
Mya, post what you want. Just be mindful of board etiquette and not post on old worn out threads. If people don't want to hear what you have to say, they can just add you to their ignore list and they never have to look at one of your posts again. BTW, three people that have posted on this thread are on my ignore list and you aren't one of them
I also work in a service business and interaction with potential clients is always somewhat stressful. We have to decide who we want to target (those who will be a particularly good match, versus trying to be all things to all people and thereby diffuse our appeal), be aware of what is important to them, identify personal connections, plan what image we want to present and how to do that, and constantly look for feedback from how the prospective client is reacting to us. It's exhausting to do it well, and we can never really just relax when around potential clients. It's necessary, but I really don't look forward to it.

Hi Chevalier! You know it's funny you mention this, and often wonder about how my presentation comes across to gents. I have such a diverse group of clients that I have not had to "choose sides". I keep my rates at market to not seem unapproachable, but my packages and offerings also keep me busy with extended dates. I meet CEO's and ditch diggers, and the only thing they have in common is they know how they want to be treated. I'm very happy with my client base, but I've often wondered who is reacting negatively to me and why.

Perhaps some ladies are confident in their ability to "defend" themselves but less confident in their ability to market themselves in that way. Even fairly innocuous comments, well short of something major that could ruin their reputations, will increase their appeal to some prospective clients but also decrease their appeal to other prospective clients. Marketing themselves is intimidating to a lot of people who sell their services, not just in the world of P4P. And of course, some ladies may be happy with their level of business and not interested in trying to increase that.

This was definitely the case for me. I've never been social, I started when the old board was popular, and with all the drama going on, I couldn't find my place back then. Then with the few bad experiences I had with board guys, it was a complete turn off. I gave the boards a second look when I was confident in myself, my presentation, and successes. Had I not been, I would take offense to some of the off-color digs being thrown around.

??? Why? This is a smaller part of our lives than for the ladies, so there is less need to vent, swap stories and experiences, etc. There's a fair amount of chest-thumping and back-slapping among the guys, but if you're secure and confident, that kind of affirmation is not much of a motive. And for the most part, we don't have to market ourselves to the ladies. Realistically, as long as we have references/P411 and are not jerks, most ladies we want to see are going to be happy to see us. Sure, a positive reputation is nice, but we can get along quite well without any reputation at all. Originally Posted by Chevalier
BINGO!

There should be no reason a guy should be deemed less of a prospect based on his participation on this board or any board. Nor should a lady's career be deemed successful or failed based on them either. That kind of confidence is sexy....
I feel seeing many posts from a provider shows that she is engaged. I do not post alot but enjoy reading the banter.
often wonder about how my presentation comes across to gents. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
Most of us who sell our services -- hell, most of us in general -- have difficulties with that.

O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion.
When I've had direct feedback, about 50% of the time I'm surprised by the conclusions people reach about me. Those who are confident that others seem them as they see themselves may be delusional.

I meet CEO's and ditch diggers, and the only thing they have in common is they know how they want to be treated. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
I suspect for most ladies there are probably several things that the majority (not all) of their clients have in common. But often they may be too close to the situation to pick up on that. I suspect the ladies do fewer surveys of their customers than other businesses do; there's a greater risk of that being perceived as an intrusion on privacy.