Sexual addiction & the hobby

I'm not a headshrinker (either M.D./D.O. or M.S./Ph.D.), so I can't really talk about it with authority (but when have I ever let that stop me before?), but.... While I don't know if there is truly such a thing as "sex addiction" (as real professionals in the field understand it), I do think it's pretty bleedin' obvious that a lot of guys who get caught in the act of being serial skeevyhounds (and understandably so; I'm looking at you, Tiger Woods*) will use a claim of sex addiction as a means of dodging personal responsibility for their actions, and perhaps of dodging some of the consequences of their actions.

And ultimately, you can't be too harsh on them. "Man is the rationalizing animal..." Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Hear, hear ... !

I call bullsh*t on the whole "addiction" to sex thing. And why is it mostly rich male celebrities that have the addiction?

Cuz they got caught and have the money to hire somebody to spin their assholery into a "victim" thing.

Bah!

Gotta stay away from THIS thread.

B.
Gotta stay away from THIS thread.

B. Originally Posted by Bella_HHD
Or what??? You'll become addicted to it? LOL
Or what??? You'll become addicted to it? LOL Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Yup, lol - if there's one thing my friends know about how to get me crazy, slobbering stupid, it's bringing up this subject.

Let's just say I'm addicted to arguing about the reality of some addictions.

I believe in the reality of physical addictions; others - especially when someone uses their "addiction" to explain away bad behavior - not so much. IMO it's just a good excuse, not a viable reason.

B.