"America FIRST!" - What's Wrong with That?

No one is hostile towards the energy industry btw. There is a debate or transition going on about cleaner Originally Posted by WTF
Oh, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ7MMsheHzQ

Just one example of many.
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 10:17 AM
More comments in red

This may come as a complete shock to you but the oil industry is drilling plenty right now.

It would be drilling more if not for Democratic Party positions. Progressives like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren campaigned in 2020 on ending fracking immediately, through executive orders and EPA regulation. That would have decimated the industry. Biden said he'd stop issuing drilling permits and federal leases and put us on the path to "0" net carbon emissions by 2050. Because of court challenges and political expediency, he hasn't followed through, after temporarily suspending new drilling permits on federal leases and issuance of new federal leases at the start of his administration.

If you're a CEO of or investor in an oil and gas company, are you going to spend as much money and drill as many wells as you would if these threats to the very existence of your business didn't exist?

They are also sitting on a lot of unused leases.

This statement, which comes from the White House, shows complete ignorance of how the oil business operates. It's plain stupid. Asinine. No criticism of you -- it's just what you were told. If you want me to provide specifics let me know. Biden apparently is doing his best to remedy this imaginary travesty. In the first 19 months of his administration, federal leases issued only totaled 126,228 acres. They totaled 4.4 million acres during the first 19 months of the Trump administration and 47 million acres during the first 19 months of the Reagan administration.

The price of gas at the pump is down 40% in case you have not noticed.

The average price of gasoline was $1.48/gallon when Trump left office and was $4.10 in August, 2022. That's not meant to be praise of Trump or necessarily criticism of Biden. Just your statement is misleading.

Little known fact, the US will always an oil importer because we are not capable of producing oil that can be turned into gasoline. That comes from the Saudi.

The USA imports oil, refines it, and exports the products. It's also a net exporter of petroleum liquids extracted from natural gas. Overall, including oil, gasoline, diesel, heating oil, etc., the USA was a net exporter of petroleum in 2020 and 2021, after many years of being a big net importer. It will return to being a net importer in 2022.

Also there is currently a glut of oil at the refineries on the gulf coast

What glut? Crude oil inventories are close to the bottom of the 5 year range. Inventories of gasoline, diesel and heating oil are below the 5 year range. We're potentially looking at big shortages of heating oil in the northeast this year. The Democratic Party's existential threats to oil and gas E&P are also threats to refining. At least a couple of refineries mothballed during COVID when demand was low will not be brought back on stream.
Originally Posted by BigLouie
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 10:59 AM
... Let's stay on-topic, mates.

Debate finances in another thread... This one's mine.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Oops, I read this after posting replies to Big Louie. Well, a strong economy and energy security are things that help make America First, and I hated to let his fallacies go unchallenged. Apologies.
... Apologies accepted, mate.

Not onley will a strong economy and energy security help
make America First - it will make America Great Again. ...

### Salty
Nothing wrong with America Uber Alles , eh, Mate?

ACH SO!!!
As noted by the OP, Thread is hopelessly off topic.

Thread Closed