Question about canceling and 1 hour and 20 mins early

This is the main reason I really dislike texts or email for that matter. Sometimes the intent, demeanor, mindset, or attitude is lost in the bare words. Not that this incident was negative at all, I believe if this had been a phone call instead of a series of texts, it sounds like the situation would have worked out in a much more positive way. Originally Posted by BluesMan
So True! There is a lot you can't just by reading a few short sentences.

I know this isn't for everyone, and I'm probably a minority in this, but this is why I prefer overnights...

as an ice-breaker for next time, meet at the pizzeria and buy her some slices first...
If I have to cancel any appointments with less than 24 hours notice, I generally give $100 off our next meeting or an additional 30 minutes on me to make up for the inconvenience it may have caused someone. I have a cancellation policy and require that gentlemen who cancel on short notice pay me a cancellation fee to compensate me for my time and incurred expenses, so it only seems fair to me to offer a discount off a future session when I need to cancel on short notice. Some gentlemen don't take me up on my offer for the discount, and that is very generous, but I also know that some gentlemen are very appreciative of the gesture and the understanding that I value their time as much as I expect them to value mine.
< thinks the following would help big time cause he could get another provider fast
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1277832&highlight=
Kaylee hon, dont sweat it. things happen and sometimes people have to cancel appointments. an hour and 20 minutes early is ridiculous. I can understand him being disappointed about the cancellation, but no way should he be mad because he's already made the trip!
Seems like most everyone has focused on the customer showing up early, when the title of the thread is the OP asking if an hour and twenty is a reasonable window of time for a provider to cancel....so if that is the question then him showing up early is irrelevant. She was gonna cancel regardless.
And the customer doesn't seem put out....

Massage Envy has a three hour cancelation policy, session to be paid if session is cancelled under that time....'course they're not giving me a bj in there either