11 Officers Shot 3 Dead

An unbiased account from Fox News... Originally Posted by Frique-Me
Here you go mate, from the station you watch:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dal...d-kill-n605916
I agree with the Louisiana case, he could have been reaching for a gun as I only saw one hand in the video. I'm not sure about the way he was executed though, it just looks bad to me. The Minnesota case was a little more disturbing to me though. I think the cop was not trained very well based on his countenance during the video.
Here you go mate, from the station you watch:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dal...d-kill-n605916 Originally Posted by ramblinman69
You don't know what station I watch, do you??? Repetition of your circular argument isn't necessary Bud. By posting a report from Fox News tells me where your madness is nourished
I blame this on the media. They know they can get more ratings when they show white cops involved shootings of black perps.

Cops shoot people all the time because they have to most of the time. This is both black and white cops. They have dangerous jobs. If you drop your guard against these criminals, you are dead.
A lot of black cops. It just doesn't make the news. Originally Posted by dallasfan
Do you have ANYTHING to support this bullshit assertion??

If not, then it is complete, utter, unadulterated BULLSHIT!!!

In other words, it's a FUCKING LIE, but you're putting it in words so that one or two morons out there believe it.
I blame this on the media. They know they can get more ratings when they show white cops involved shootings of black perps.

Cops shoot people all the time because they have to most of the time. This is both black and white cops. They have dangerous jobs. If you drop your guard against these criminals, you are dead. Originally Posted by dallasfan
Can't just blame one group. Media, crooked cops (white and black), militants (white and black), greed, governmental structures, and societal biases all have a role to play in this mess. We as citizens should try to make sure we don't contribute to the perpetuation of this foolishness.
So, getting hit like Terry Tate the Officer Linebacker hit you, as Ashton got, constitutes a threat??? The officer tackled him, basically from behind. Then the other officer jumped on him. Both of them were pinning his arms down. Unless he was fucking Goro from Mortal Kombat, I think he ran out of arms after that. So, HOW IN THE FUCK can he reach for a gun at that point!?!?

Please explain to me how a guy with two pinned arms can 'reach' for a weapon.
You don't know what station I watch, do you??? Repetition of your circular argument isn't necessary Bud. By posting a report from Fox News tells me where your madness is nourished Originally Posted by Frique-Me
I can assume lots of things, just like you are implying about me. I simply answered a query from DK, sorry you didn't like the venue in which the story I chose. I gave you another snarky option in response to your mildly snarky comment, I'm sorry you didn't like that either mate. What can I do to please you kind sir?
Not shutting you down...but there have been other threads which got very political and nasty...so wanted to warn folks to not take it that way here.

Lets be respectful of the events themselves. Originally Posted by NYr
with due respect, your explanation for closing the Orlando thread, was that it was "political" and there is another forum for that.. yeah there is, but this is sandbox, the off-topic forum??
So, getting hit like Terry Tate the Officer Linebacker hit you, as Ashton got, constitute a threat??? The officer tackled him, basically from behind. Then the other officer jumped on him. Both of them were pinning his arms down. Unless he was fucking Goro from Mortal Kombat, I think he ran out of hands after that. So, HOW IN THE FUCK can he reach for a gun at that point!?!?

Please explain to me how a guy with two pinned arms can 'reach' for a weapon. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
I can't honestly say I saw two arms pinned down. I also observed that they struggled with him as he resisted arrest. Therefore, it makes it debatable for me. Although, the execution was very poor from my standpoint. Not sure why two men couldn't pin both his arms (the positioning of the car may have had something to do with it. Also, I'm not sure why they would go straight for the gun as opposed to a taser or an old fashion beat down. Thirdly, from my point of view, it really looks like he just sat on top of the guy who was restrained and shot him. But, objectively, I believe the argument could be made they he did resist arrest and that he was not docile while on the ground. Not making a determination either way, I just view this one as debatable in my opinion.
The footage started with a linebacker hit. At that point, it's not resistance, but more like self defense.

You're tackled by two armed people. Self preservation and claustrophobia kicks in. If two people that you don't know do the same to you, I GUARANTEE you you'll react the same way.
The footage started with a linebacker hit. At that point, it's not resistance, but more like self defense.

You're tackled by two armed people. Self preservation and claustrophobia kicks in. If two people that you don't know do the same to you, I GUARANTEE you you'll react the same way. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
I'll go back and watch it, don't remember the beginning all too well.

Edit: Holy shit! I agree man, that football tackle was out of line and all sorts of fucked up. Looks like the Sterling guy was just chilling before that. This looks like an instance in where the officer turned it into a hostile situation.
I can assume lots of things, just like you are implying about me. I simply answered a query from DK, sorry you didn't like the venue in which the story I chose. I gave you another snarky option in response to your mildly snarky comment, I'm sorry you didn't like that either mate. What can I do to please you kind sir? Originally Posted by ramblinman69
Well... Read Darkey Kong's response to THN, He provided the best answer; not only to her question but also as it relates to being a black man in our society. Hopefully (and i REALLY mean this) you can glean some incite and not be so glib as you marginalize our concerns.

By the way both Fox and NBC have vested interest in presenting narratives that feed the madness of their viewers, I don't watch either.
I think the really saddening part is that protests/rallies in downtown Dallas have been known for being peaceful and well organized. There were many families and children present at this event because these have been historically non-violent rallies. You can't say this in a lot of other cities.
There is usually no mention of the officers race most of the time unless the officer is white and perp is black. The media usually never covers it. It gets no ratings. You really have to dig to get that info. Dillon Taylor shooting in Utah is one but you probably never heard of that one.

Do you have ANYTHING to support this bullshit assertion??

If not, then it is complete, utter, unadulterated BULLSHIT!!!

In other words, it's a FUCKING LIE, but you're putting it in words so that one or two morons out there believe it. Originally Posted by Randall Creed