I don't think you can "overpay" for this luxury.

• Toyz
  • 03-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Bullshit!

Steak prices are "commoditized".

Some steak commands a higher price than others. If you think your steak is worth a premium price, you may be able to get it if your steak is better than the competition.

If the store down the street sells steak that's just as good for less money, you're going to go out of business. Yeah, you might find a few suckers who'll continue to buy your mediocre steak for a premium price, but that usually doesn't work for long.

If you're charging a "fair" price for your steak, but the store down the street is selling equal quality steak for a lower price, you lose. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I support this...if your croissant is butteryier than the shop next door, you can charge a premium. And those that like hot buttery croissants will be customers for life.
But, there are those that will settle for a slightly stale cinnamon roll, if they can get it at a bargain rate. They too like hot buttery croissants, but just can't afford them every day. So, rather than starve to have one, they'd prefer to have a few stale rolls or even an occsional loaf of sourdough bread. And while it doesn't provide them the joy of a croissant, it keeps them from starvation.

Neither are neccesarily wrong in their hunger, but ones cupboard might be a bit more bare than the other.

They're still likely to occasionally spring for the christmas croissant...just not very often...
I support this...if your croissant is butteryier than the shop next door, you can charge a premium. And those that like hot buttery croissants will be customers for life.
But, there are those that will settle for a slightly stale cinnamon roll, if they can get it at a bargain rate. They too like hot buttery croissants, but just can't afford them every day. So, rather than starve to have one, they'd prefer to have a few stale rolls or even an occsional loaf of sourdough bread. And while it doesn't provide them the joy of a croissant, it keeps them from starvation.

Neither are neccesarily wrong in their hunger, but ones cupboard might be a bit more bare than the other.

They're still likely to occasionally spring for the christmas croissant...just not very often... Originally Posted by Toyz

Totally get this, but kind of takes away all the fun and extravagance if your "settling" because you want the better, but can't afford it. Aka the great part of the hobby.
Totally get this, but kind of takes away all the fun and extravagance if your "settling" because you want the better, but can't afford it. Aka the great part of the hobby. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra
Too often though we find out that we have "settled" without intending to...

I am one that will take the cinnamon roll (or croissant) that I enjoy the most! I know that I won't go hungry in between treats!

IJS

G
Bullshit!

Steak prices are "commoditized".

Some steak commands a higher price than others. If you think your steak is worth a premium price, you may be able to get it if your steak is better than the competition.

If the store down the street sells steak that's just as good for less money, you're going to go out of business. Yeah, you might find a few suckers who'll continue to buy your mediocre steak for a premium price, but that usually doesn't work for long.

If you're charging a "fair" price for your steak, but the store down the street is selling equal quality steak for a lower price, you lose. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Steak and croissants are fungible products, much more sensitive to market demand. Fetishes don't allow for a great deal of fungibility.
Steak and croissants are fungible products, much more sensitive to market demand. Fetishes don't allow for a great deal of fungibility. Originally Posted by Robin3212003

Dude, I mean lady, I mean, not sure what I mean. Are you going to completely skip the post's where no one is sure if you are a chick or a dude.

By the way fetishes may not be fungible but are still very sensitive to market demand. After all the first thing to be given up in a bad economy is economic wants. croissants and meat (sustenance in general is what we call a economic need) after all you have to eat, but you don't have to hump.

Now how about you answer to why your profile calls you a lady while you claim to be an AA man with an asian fetish. (your post certainly have feministic tones)
Go Homer Go !!!! I betting it's a nerdy computer geek high school kid.
Seems a little odd to skip the 8 post wondering if it's a boy or girl and focusing on a post about steak and croissants.

just sayin
Dude, I mean lady, I mean, not sure what I mean. Are you going to completely skip the post's where no one is sure if you are a chick or a dude.

By the way fetishes may not be fungible but are still very sensitive to market demand. After all the first thing to be given up in a bad economy is economic wants. croissants and meat (sustenance in general is what we call a economic need) after all you have to eat, but you don't have to hump.

Now how about you answer to why your profile calls you a lady while you claim to be an AA man with an asian fetish. (your post certainly have feministic tones) Originally Posted by homer13
Maybe Robin has fungible gender.
LOL Gneiss one!
  • Toyz
  • 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Totally get this, but kind of takes away all the fun and extravagance if your "settling" because you want the better, but can't afford it. Aka the great part of the hobby. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra
But Ezra, maybe "settling" is a relevant term? Some of the best pastries I've had were provided at a 1 per 1/2 rate. There was no lacking in quality, quantity or enjoyability...simply because I caught the rare sweet "roll" at a bargain doesn't diminish the taste...

Would it have been sweeter had I double paid?
a spinner does not have more value than a BBW if the person paying for that experience worships BBWs. I started this thread because of comments made about the "value" of Sally over on Balcones and Mopac. Guys will gravitate to whatever floats their boats. And women should charge accordingly. But no hobbyist should ever criticize another for being more generous than others if he is especially fond of that provider. Originally Posted by Robin3212003

I have seen my fair share of ALL kinds of providers. I will say that if you show me a BBW who charges the same price for the same service and same time of a really good looking spinner (300hr), I will show you a gal whose phone doesn't ring often

sixx