Did the top lefty posters self immolate due to embarrassment?

Don't miss them at all. YR and themystic are trolls. They aren't posting arguments they believe in, they are posting to elicit outrage. Never found TM funny. Which posts where you reading? At least WTF tried to post honest arguments but eventually everything devolved to his go to issues: Politicians lie and Bush spent the money. Those and his reading comprehension issues aren't missed.

I like Speedy. I don't agree with his POV much but I believe he is earnest. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Thank you Gnadfly. I try to be fair in my posts but since I am not in lock-step with the majority of the posters on this forum I expect little support or agreement. No problem!
As to to requiring that judicial appointments get a filibuster proof majority, Harry Reid started that. Originally Posted by Tiny
Wrong. Just the opposite is true. Harry Reid was the genius who invoked the so-called "nuclear rule" in 2013, allowing the Senate to approve judicial appointments (and other executive branch nominations) with only a simple majority. Prior to that, they required a filibuster-proof majority of 60+ votes.

When Dirty Harry pulled the trigger, it reversed 176 years of Senate tradition. And while he carved out an exception for the Supreme Court, it quickly backfired on the dimotards. In 2017, Republicans followed Dirty Harry's example/precedent and ended the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees as well, allowing Gorsuch (and later Kavanaugh) to be confirmed with simple majority votes.

File under "karma is a bitch".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option
Wrong. Just the opposite is true. Harry Reid was the genius who invoked the so-called "nuclear rule" in 2013, allowing the Senate to approve judicial appointments (and other executive branch nominations) with only a simple majority. Prior to that, they required a filibuster-proof majority of 60+ votes.

When Dirty Harry pulled the trigger, it reversed 176 years of Senate tradition. And while he carved out an exception for the Supreme Court, it quickly backfired on the dimotards. In 2017, Republicans followed Dirty Harry's example/precedent and ended the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees as well, allowing Gorsuch (and later Kavanaugh) to be confirmed with simple majority votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option Originally Posted by lustylad
I'm not sure but I think Tiny was actually stating the same thing that Harry Reid started the process by changing the rules to not require a filibuster proof majority. That it got expanded is certainly 'Karma'.
Thank you Gnadfly. I try to be fair in my posts but since I am not in lock-step with the majority of the posters on this forum I expect little support or agreement. No problem! Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

well you can be like this guy and quit posting problem solved or put us all ignore but then you wouldn't have anyone to argue with
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option Originally Posted by lustylad
Yes, I phrased that ass backwards. Senate Democrats have no justification to criticize McConnell for getting Gorsuch and Kavanaugh through with majorities. They started it.

I'm not sure but I think Tiny was actually stating the same thing that Harry Reid started the process by changing the rules to not require a filibuster proof majority. That it got expanded is certainly 'Karma'. Originally Posted by eccielover
That's what I intended to say eccielover. Dementia is setting in at an early age.
  • oeb11
  • 05-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Yes, I phrased that ass backwards. Senate Democrats have no justification to criticize McConnell for getting Gorsuch and Kavanaugh through with majorities. They started it.
That's what I intended to say eccielover. Dementia is setting in at an early age. Originally Posted by Tiny

Thank You, Tiny.
Hypocrisy is no deterrent to the House or Senate DPST's.
the filibuster needs to be put down like you would with a rabid dog!

well you can be like this guy and quit posting problem solved or put us all ignore but then you wouldn't have anyone to argue with Originally Posted by Hotrod511
I have never put anyone on ignore and it is doubtful I ever will. I have never said that I have a problem with people disagreeing with me. I welcome it.
[QUOTE=in just 72+ hours after the Mueller nothing burger he went postal and got pointed out and banned. it was .. SAD. [/QUOTE]

Y'all ingnore the obvious for the sake of identity politics. The Mueller report did not exonerate 45 as claimed by 45 and his AG. If so please post an excerpt from the Mueller report stating that in this thread. The Mueller report did not uncover sufficient evidence to link 45 directly to the misconduct of his subordinates who are convicted felons and currently serving prison sentences. However, the Mueller report did not in anyway exonerate 45 as claimed by 45 and Barr. Hence, 45 has conned the nation and Barr has misled Congress and the nation about the context and substance of the report in direct opposition to communications between Barr and Mueller before the report was released according to Mueller. Next, the Mueller report does proffer almost 200 criminal offenses committed by members if 45's campaign and administration some of whom have been convicted and now serving prison sentences. Evidently, the Mueller nothing burger is made with a far right delicacy.....Crow. I challenge any and all to obtain a copy of the Mueller report and post in this thread the first paragraph of the Mueller report along with an excerpt of the imaginary portion that alledgely completely exonerates 45 of any wrongdoing. I'll wait!
The Mueller report did not exonerate 45 as claimed by 45 and his AG... the Mueller report did not in anyway exonerate 45 as claimed by 45 and Barr... I challenge any and all to obtain a copy of the Mueller report and post in this thread the first paragraph of the Mueller report along with an excerpt of the imaginary portion that alledgely (sic) completely exonerates 45 of any wrongdoing. I'll wait! Originally Posted by Whisky_1
STRAW MAN.

AG Barr never claimed the Mueller report "exonerates" Trump.

I challenge you to post anything in this thread where he said that.

I'll wait!
I see what you did there. I suggest you hold your breath while you wait. Lol! So do you agree the Mueller report does not exnorate 45.....Yes or No? If NO please an excerpt from the Mueller report as requested in my initial post.
So do you agree the Mueller report does not exnorate (sic) 45.....Yes or No? Originally Posted by Whisky_1
Were you wrong to say AG Barr claimed the Mueller report "exonerates" Trump? Yes or no.
Were you wrong to say AG Barr claimed the Mueller report "exonerates" Trump? Yes or no. Originally Posted by lustylad
Lol! No, Barr issued a written statement and testified before Congress which is in the public domain. 45's claim and Barr's congressional testimony do not reconcile with the Mueller Report or Mueller's subsequent statements.....so No. Y'all can spin this all you want but the Mueller and FBI investigations were primarily about the Russians their interference with American democratic processes. Some but not all members of the members of 45's campaign and administration have been held accountable and are now paying their debt to society by serving prison sentences. Russia is a hostile sovereign nation and those Russian nationals indicted are not probable to be brought to justice. On the other hand, what Barr did or did not say does not really matter since YOU, 45 or Barr are not capable of producing an excerpt from the Mueller report pronouncing 45's exoneration. The focal point of the Meuller investigation is the Mueller's report not Barr's politically biased legal opinion. Barr will probably regret falling on his sword for 45 and 45's ethically challenged administration. Still waiting on that excerpt from the Mueller report that exonerates 45! But, I'm not holding my breath!
No, Barr issued a written statement and testified before Congress which is in the public domain. 45's claim and Barr's congressional testimony do not reconcile with the Mueller Report or Mueller's subsequent statements.....so No. Y'all can spin this all you want but the Mueller and FBI investigations were primarily about the Russians their interference with American democratic processes. Some but not all members of the members of 45's campaign and administration have been held accountable and are now paying their debt to society by serving prison sentences. Russia is a hostile sovereign nation and those Russian nationals indicted are not probable to be brought to justice. On the other hand, what Barr did or did not say does not really matter since YOU, 45 or Barr are not capable of producing an excerpt from the Mueller report pronouncing 45's exoneration. The focal point of the Meuller investigation is the Mueller's report not Barr's politically biased legal opinion. Barr will probably regret falling on his sword for 45 and 45's ethically challenged administration. Still waiting on that excerpt from the Mueller report that exonerates 45! But, I'm not holding my breath! Originally Posted by Whisky_1

show me one example of Mueller stating on record Barr is misrepresenting his report.
Get a copy of the Mueller report and read it. Then reconcille the Mueller report against claims made by 45 and Barr' statement and testimony. Still waiting for that excerpt from the Mueller report that aledgely exonerates 45. Like I said I'm not holding my breath.