coming out and hoping not to get thrown out ;)

• WTF
  • 04-19-2010, 06:09 AM
A fast talking blackbelt....who knew!
Pay no attention while I'm behind the curtain.
Pay no attention while I'm behind the curtain. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Oz? Is that you?
The great and powerful.
The great and powerful. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Not sure that is the comparison you want to make, Oz was exposed as a fraud
Not sure that is the comparison you want to make, Oz was exposed as a fraud Originally Posted by discreetgent
But he was a kind old gentleman.
But he was a kind old gentleman. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
...and harmless. I hate it when we have reached the age where we are percieved as harmless.
Eh sonny? Get off my lawn!
Stay out and post. After all, it's all fantasy.
To tell the tale of your tailor as Poe would say...
''The Tell-Tale Tail''. Originally Posted by WTF
Actually the work by Poe was The Tell-Tale Heart
... Generally I sit at a computer in a noisy news room... Originally Posted by Bettie Blue
Computers! *ugh* I remember when any self-respecting newspaper writer only used two fingers when typing and they were blinding fast. The sound of the old typewriters being pounded was a sweet sweet sound. The real writers sit at home with fountain pens and write it out by long hand to stand with....Newsrooms aren't what they use to be. No copy boys running around taking copy from the news desk to the editor to the type setters. Where you could shout out "Boy!" and no one would give a warning about being political correct....old type news rooms where everyone considered the great lead every written in a newspaper to be:

"He was shot in bed by the husband of the woman cooking him breakfast."
Reporters, journalists, they are held to that standard. You ahve to be fair and unbiased, Often they makes people unhappy as the truth is not always welcome and can create all sorts of misery for people. And, no one is perfect. While a journalist may perceive themselves as fair and accurate, a reader may have a very different perception. Originally Posted by Bettie Blue
I am surprised and enlightened by this thread. I was just going to lurk it and leave until I read the above.

Bettie, that's bullshit.

Reporters and journalists are not held to a "fair and unbiased" standard.

The field of "journalism" is more corrupt than nearly any other.

George Stephanapolis being a leader at ABC News?

Mike Huckabee having a show on a channel saying they are a News channel?

You have an advantage if you're here to write fantasy.
  • Doove
  • 04-24-2010, 08:01 PM

Mike Huckabee having a show on a channel saying they are a News channel?
Originally Posted by NormalBob