What are some of your thoughts on improving the economy???

As I recall, they are having trouble enough recruiting to meet their personnel needs at full salary.

I guess I have to be literal with some people. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Eliminating "dead wood" in an organization doesn't "substantially" reduce the budget, but it offers an opportunity to have people who are there for the over all health of the organization in place to make positive and contributing decisions that does improve the long term condition and health of the organization. Having people who have created wealth and been successful in leading businesses to financial security in our government, as opposed to those who have sucked on the government tit for most of their lives, would improve our financial situation.

That is the fallacy of the current administration's attack on the "wealthiest of Americans" .... who is going to create and increase jobs in this country?

The person with a "Lone Star" card or the person with an American Express?

This guy is passing out taxpayers' money to the unions, left and right, and the unions are the primary reason for the outsourcing of jobs, along with the likes of John Kerry-Catsup.
This guy is passing out taxpayers' money to the unions, Originally Posted by LexusLover
I find the above statement to be quite curious. Yes, the so called "unions" worked very hard in 2008 to help Obama. However, I have read recent articles in which the "unions" have become increasingly critical of the Administration's policies. Please cite specific examples about how Obama is "passing out taxpayers' money to the unions." Has he awarded the "unions" with GW style corporate tax incentives? If so, please cite your sources!
I find the above statement to be quite curious.

However, I have read recent articles in which the "unions" have become increasingly critical of the Administration's policies. Originally Posted by bigtex
What "policies" have the unions criticized? And don't cite articles ...

... cite the union bosses!

When Federal funding regulations require union labor contracts and the largest Federal assistance ("stimulous") grants go to "union-states", then it is ...

"passing out taxpayers' money to the unions" ....

.... because the unions get the contracts to do the "stimulous" work.

In the current proposed legislation ... Federal employees, teachers, and "infrastructure" funds.

It's like reading headlines in the op-ed pages on "Obama Care" ...

.. the devil is in the details .... not in the headlines.

Do you actually believe it is coincidental that Obbie gives a speech to the unions and then the next day or 2 announces his latest ... "Jobs Bill" proposal?
And don't cite articles ...

... cite the union bosses! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Damn, you are a demanding ol' cus, aren't you? It seems as though you are now trying to tell me who I can and can't cite as sources. After all of these years, do you really believe I am going to start listening to you now? Why would I? Need I remind you that from the very beginning, you clearly steered me wrong on the WMD issue! And that is just one of countless examples!!!!!

Before I go any further, what exactly is a "union boss?" I looked on the AFL-CIO website and found no job title, job description or mention of anyone with a title of "union boss!" Is this an official title or designation or is it just another of your so called "terms of endearment" that you have become so famous for? Something along the lines of "Obamanible!" ROTFLMAO

What "policies" have the unions criticized? And don't cite articles ... Originally Posted by LexusLover

You want examples? How is this for a start? Since there is no such person (or job description) who is otherwise known as a "union boss," why don't we refer to a prepared statement by the AFL-CIO, which was found on their website? Meanwhile, I long for the day when the AFL-CIO will designate an official (or unofficial) "union boss" for me to quote.

Until then......

Statement by AFL-CIO on the Proposed Colombia Trade Agreement
April 06, 2011

We are deeply disappointed that the Obama Administration has signaled that it will move forward to submit the proposed U.S.-Colombia Trade Agreement to Congress for a vote in the near future. In our view, the situation in Colombia remains unacceptably violent for trade unionists, as well as for human rights defenders and other vulnerable populations. In addition, Colombian workers face enormous and indefensible legal and practical hurdles in exercising their rights to organize unions and bargain collectively.

We appreciate the efforts of the Obama Administration to negotiate a separate Action Plan with the Colombian government to address some of the concerns we have raised over many years with respect to human and labor rights for workers, murders of trade unionists, and impunity for the perpetrators of violence. We understand that the proposed Action Plan lays out some important benchmarks in terms of increasing the level of protection for workers, addressing some flaws in the labor code, and improving enforcement of labor laws.

However, the Action Plan does not go nearly far enough in laying out concrete benchmarks for progress in the areas of violence and impunity, nor does it address many of the ways in which Colombian labor law falls short of international standards. There is no guarantee that the terms of it will in fact lead to a reduction in violence, and no backup plan to delay implementation if the violence and impunity continue. Furthermore, the Action Plan is a stand-alone agreement, not connected to the benefits conferred in the trade agreement. Once the trade agreement is ratified by Congress and implemented, the U.S. government will have no leverage whatsoever to enforce its terms in the event that the terms are not implemented as agreed.

The Colombian government has failed in enforcing the rule of law and protecting the safety of its citizens as they exercise their internationally recognized human rights to form unions and bargain collectively. These problems are deeply ingrained and longstanding, and they cannot be solved by commitments on a piece of paper. Concrete progress on the ground with respect to violence, impunity, and labor law reform needs to be demonstrated over a sustained period of time.

Colombia remains the most deadly nation in the world in which to be a trade unionist. In the past 25 years, more than 2,850 trade unionists have been murdered in Colombia. Last year alone, 51 trade unionists were murdered, an increase over 2009. Six trade unionists have been murdered so far this year, including two in the past week. The conviction rate for union murders and other violence is in the single digits, and even where prosecutions have occurred, many perpetrators have been charged in absentia and are still on the loose. Union density in Colombia is below 5 percent, and even fewer workers can exercise their right to bargain collectively. We have no doubt that if 51 CEOs had been murdered in Colombia last year, this deal would be on a very slow track indeed.

We are consulting closely with our union counterparts in Colombia and will continue to consult with the Obama administration about the terms of the Action Plan and its implementation. But, on the basis of the information provided to us at this time, we remain strongly opposed to the Colombia trade agreement.
what exactly is a "union boss?"

Statement by AFL-CIO on the Proposed Colombia Trade Agreement

"We are consulting closely with our union counterparts in Colombia ..." Originally Posted by bigtex

"union boss" [The "apple" don't fall far from the tree.]

Interesting concept for U.S. union members:

"We are consulting closely with our union counterparts in Colombia ..."

The "gift" that just keeps on giving.
It's been 4 months since that statement, and waiting and Obama still hasn't sent the Columbia free trade agreement to Congress for ratification, because of union oppoisiton.....no day light between the union thugs and Obama.....
.....no day light between the union thugs and Obama..... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The word is ... "Chicago"!

Did right by John Kennedy. Will "do right" by Obaminable.
"union boss" [The "apple" don't fall far from the tree.]

Interesting concept for U.S. union members:

"We are consulting closely with our union counterparts in Colombia ..."

The "gift" that just keeps on giving. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The guy in the picture is not a "union boss" with the AFL-CIO!

When are you going to give the "gift" back?
The guy in the picture is not a "union boss" with the AFL-CIO! Originally Posted by bigtex
Good, ... you at least know what a "union boss" is ...

... affiliation is now an issue.
Good, ... you at least know what a "union boss" is ...

... affiliation is now an issue. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Well, it stands to reason that if there is no acknowledged job description for a "union boss" than the person in the picture could not be one. DUH!
Well, it stands to reason that if there is no acknowledged job description for a "union boss" than the person in the picture could not be one. DUH! Originally Posted by bigtex
Throughout my "abbreviated" experience in public service and private endeavors I have yet to see any "job description" printed in any policies of any organization that is entitled "the boss" ..... but, of course, I have not reviewed those that you have drafted for approval or those under which you have endured .....

..... although I suspect that occasionally throughout your unequaled vast employment and subordindate experiences you have referred to the individual who authorizes or signs your check, tells you when you can take a break, authorizes you to be away from work for extended periods of time to relax, and/or monitors your time while employed .... as ...... "the boss"!

Here is a photo of "the boss" ...

Pssstt ..... it's the guy in the suit.

Speaking of Solyndra and unions ....

.. do you know how many union jobs were "created" with the infusion of tax dollars into that abyss that "the boss" praised as

“the true engine of economic growth ...." (May 2010.)

$535 million in "stimulus" money to guarantee loans for the "green economy" ....

.... pardon the pun. FYI: That was after the campaign contributions.
Reform, the tax code and the loopholes

Reform medicare, medicaid, and public assistance

Big liberal government spending creating jobs in building, regulation, and small business loans.

Education incentives for engineers and health care providers careers. Most importantly this nation needs to have the skills to complete in the global economy. For example, the skills needed to assemble the same electronic components in your TV. Where was your TV made? Most likely, Japan. These are the new manufacturing jobs. Not some "clock builders". Let China con't to make your plastic spoons and easy to assemble desk sets. We can create the items with high price tags, such as cars, and TV's and the equipement China needs to press those plastic spoons together.

Also, we need a complete overhaul of our energy system. Those power lines can be replaced by wind and solar systems. All of those nuclear power plants can be replace with the new energy system. That's a few millions jobs alone.

Reduce our military presence in most of these countries, changing our missions into help as opposed to occupation. Sudan is in need of dire support.

Lastly, regulatory reform and removing wasteful spending. For instance, those weekend warrior over there in Iraq is a waste of our tax payers dollars.
I am in the meat business and I called a guy in Shamrock TX to see if he would cut some bones for me. He said he could not because everybody is the "all" business and cannot find anybody to work for him

So drill baby drill

I think I pointed that early TTH, our UE here in OK is less than 6%!!!!!!
Vote in a new President who (Get's It). Plain and simple.
LOL! I'd like to see a candidate who "gets it." Gary Johnson, maybe, but no one gets to hear from him.