Jeb Bush says illegal immigration is an act of love

• CJ7
  • 04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
How's that Iam killing them? Iam giving them a fair chance it's up to them to reach their destiny.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin

I invited you to swim the Gulf first destiny man ... fair is fair right?
Yeah, they found the relatively cheap labor for the manufacture of especially iron and steel to be very attractive; see how well that worked for them.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
What boarder did your people sneak across?
I invited you to swim the Gulf first destiny man ... fair is fair right? Originally Posted by CJ7
Iam not an illegal immigrant. It was my idea and I am the one in charge. Quit reaching. My solution doesn't cost the tax payers a dime and it's affective.

Jim
What boarder did your people sneak across? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Powhatan received them as metal smiths (relatively cheap labor) and vendors as well as potential allies against his people's traditional enemies, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
Native Americans had a poor immigration policy. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
HAHA! Yes they did! Look where that got them
No Jeb is another candidate the GOP establishment is trying to put on us................. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I can't wait for Trendy's first Wisconsin & America are "TRENDING" Jeb thread!
Native Americans had a poor immigration policy. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Fuck it - let's give them their land back, then.
Powhatan received them as metal smiths (relatively cheap labor) and vendors as well as potential allies against his people's traditional enemies, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Poor in bred ...
From today's Dallas Morning News.

The clearer GOP thinkers recognize the opportunity to broaden the base beyond middle-aged and older white, fat, intolerant males.

Of course, the hypocrisy is astonishing since deep down the folks that own the DMN, the Board of Editors and the mouthbreathers on here believe that all undocumented/illegal workers ought to be forced to swim across the Gulf of Mexico to get home. As one more aside, you can only read something like this and shake your head. If you were in Texas during the run-up to the last primaries and ever had your television on during that time period, you would have seen that every single candidate, elected or not, in the GOP primary made anti-immigration policy/statements/positions one of the primary arguments in favor of their election. The idea that any Texas republican is going to champion any sort of immigration reform that might be agreeable to the folks effected most (the immigrants) is so ridiculous, it is difficult to believe they published the editorial. I guess hope springs eternal that at some point, the extreme right GOP in general....and the Texas GOP in particular might show some sign of intelligent life.

Anyway....the article:

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/ed...ion-reform.ece

>>>>The Republican-led U.S. House has effectively shut down talk of immigration reform before midterm elections in November. The issue is simply too divisive, too hot to handle, in an election year. Despite the House’s hesitation, two recent stories underscore that the issue is not going away. In fact, it continues to have the uncanny ability to influence politics and politicians — and not always to Republicans’ detriment or Democrats’ advantage.

At an event Sunday in College Station commemorating the 25th anniversary of his father’s presidency, Jeb Bush, former Florida governor and possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate, described illegal immigration as a crime, yes, but one rooted in “an act of love” and a commitment to family.

Bush has long led efforts to push the GOP toward a more measured tone and reasonable approach to immigration. Last November, after Iowa Rep. Steve King made disparaging remarks about immigrants in the U.S. illegally, Bush called King’s words “shameful and so insulting.” Bush, who speaks fluent Spanish and whose wife was born in Mexico, also spearheaded the creation of the Hispanic Leadership Network, a high-level outreach to Hispanic leaders. But even for Bush, the remarks, made in the glare of a highly public event, were defining. They establish him as the moderate voice in a party dominated by tea party conservatives.

Meanwhile, as Bush was planting the flag of compassionate conservatism, The New York Times was publishing an analysis of deportations during President Barack Obama’s presidency. It found that two-thirds of nearly 2 million deportations involved people who had committed minor infractions. Only 21 percent involved serious crimes. Those findings could further erode Obama’s standing in a Hispanic community that overwhelmingly supported him but has started to become disillusioned over the record pace of deportations.

These two headlines could provide an opening for Republicans to take the lead on immigration reform. It is highly unlikely, perhaps even out of the question, to expect such reform to happen before the November elections. And the 2016 campaign will too soon be upon us, once again closing off the opportunity for immigration reform. But between November and the start of the 2016 campaigns, there is a slight window of political opportunity. We urge lawmakers to take advantage.

And Texas Republicans are perfectly positioned to show the way. Influential elements of the state party have long championed common-sense proposals such as instituting a fair and accountable guest worker program. Republicans passed the Texas DREAM Act, which allows immigrants in the U.S. illegally to pay in-state tuition at Texas colleges and universities. They must continue to lead the way.

Immigration could be the issue that untethers the GOP from its traditional limitations or dooms it to more general-election frustration. This newspaper hopes it chooses the former.
From today's Dallas Morning News.

The clearer GOP thinkers recognize the opportunity to broaden the base beyond middle-aged and older white, fat, intolerant males.

Of course, the hypocrisy is astonishing since deep down the folks that own the DMN, the Board of Editors and the mouthbreathers on here believe that all undocumented/illegal workers ought to be forced to swim across the Gulf of Mexico to get home. As one more aside, you can only read something like this and shake your head. If you were in Texas during the run-up to the last primaries and ever had your television on during that time period, you would have seen that every single candidate, elected or not, in the GOP primary made anti-immigration policy/statements/positions one of the primary arguments in favor of their election. The idea that any Texas republican is going to champion any sort of immigration reform that might be agreeable the folks effected most (the immigrants) is so ridiculous, it is difficult to believe they published the editorial. I guess hope springs eternal that at some point, the extreme right GOP in general....and the Texas GOP in particular might show some sign of intelligent life.

Anyway....the article:

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/ed...ion-reform.ece

>>>>The Republican-led U.S. House has effectively shut down talk of immigration reform before midterm elections in November. The issue is simply too divisive, too hot to handle, in an election year. Despite the House’s hesitation, two recent stories underscore that the issue is not going away. In fact, it continues to have the uncanny ability to influence politics and politicians — and not always to Republicans’ detriment or Democrats’ advantage.

At an event Sunday in College Station commemorating the 25th anniversary of his father’s presidency, Jeb Bush, former Florida governor and possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate, described illegal immigration as a crime, yes, but one rooted in “an act of love” and a commitment to family.

Bush has long led efforts to push the GOP toward a more measured tone and reasonable approach to immigration. Last November, after Iowa Rep. Steve King made disparaging remarks about immigrants in the U.S. illegally, Bush called King’s words “shameful and so insulting.” Bush, who speaks fluent Spanish and whose wife was born in Mexico, also spearheaded the creation of the Hispanic Leadership Network, a high-level outreach to Hispanic leaders. But even for Bush, the remarks, made in the glare of a highly public event, were defining. They establish him as the moderate voice in a party dominated by tea party conservatives.

Meanwhile, as Bush was planting the flag of compassionate conservatism, The New York Times was publishing an analysis of deportations during President Barack Obama’s presidency. It found that two-thirds of nearly 2 million deportations involved people who had committed minor infractions. Only 21 percent involved serious crimes. Those findings could further erode Obama’s standing in a Hispanic community that overwhelmingly supported him but has started to become disillusioned over the record pace of deportations.

These two headlines could provide an opening for Republicans to take the lead on immigration reform. It is highly unlikely, perhaps even out of the question, to expect such reform to happen before the November elections. And the 2016 campaign will too soon be upon us, once again closing off the opportunity for immigration reform. But between November and the start of the 2016 campaigns, there is a slight window of political opportunity. We urge lawmakers to take advantage.

And Texas Republicans are perfectly positioned to show the way. Influential elements of the state party have long championed common-sense proposals such as instituting a fair and accountable guest worker program. Republicans passed the Texas DREAM Act, which allows immigrants in the U.S. illegally to pay in-state tuition at Texas colleges and universities. They must continue to lead the way.

Immigration could be the issue that untethers the GOP from its traditional limitations or dooms it to more general-election frustration. This newspaper hopes it chooses the former. Originally Posted by timpage
No matter what you and the other ignorant dim-retards (the indigent, the PC-racist tyrants, the uneducated, the ignorant, the fast food fat and the drug addled skinny) say, Little-Timmy-tard, an open door immigration policy wherein foreign workers, who sap what they can from the state in the form of free education, healthcare and welfare, displace American citizens onto the welfare is not a solution to the economic woes of the United States.

You're a name calling sack of shit IBIdiot. And a sidewindin bushwackin, hornswagglin, cracker croaker!

Reverend!

Fucking rude ass idiot! No wonder you can't get a real female to fuck you, even for money!
Immigrants aren't "effected" the most, Timmy . (I would have used affected, BTW)
The American people are the most affected. Lower wages, more government services needed, more unemployment. Democrats haven't yet figured out how to give illegal aliens the vote. I'm sure they are trying, though.
Immigrants aren't "effected" the most, Timmy . (I would have used affected, BTW)
The American people are the most affected. Lower wages, more government services needed, more unemployment. Democrats haven't yet figured out how to give illegal aliens the vote. I'm sure they are trying, though. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
All the illegal aliens from Mars vote republican.
"[S]tates are trying to reduce the incidence of voter fraud, which if not epidemic is hardly unknown in America. The liberal group Acorn's widespread voter-registration fraud in recent years drew national attention to the problem and criminal actions. The 2008 Minnesota Senatorial race, where a legal challenge over the validity of absentee ballots decided the outcome by 312 votes, was another warning sign. Kansas received 221 reports of voter fraud between 1997 and 2010, according to a recent op-ed by Secretary of State Kris Kobach."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...leTabs=article