RIP Kidd Kraddick

it was not an aneurism...it was from heart disease...an enlarged heart, and 3 blocked vessels.

turns out Kidd was a chain-smoker, and kept it hidden... also slugged down many diet cokes each morning shift. of course, he didn't want a tarnished image, so nobody outside his radio circle really knew.

I think Kidd's legacy would be greater, had he come forward, and admitted he was a smoker. as it is now, few people will find out, and get the message that smoking killed Kidd... Originally Posted by Chung Tran
That sucks to hear. Sounded like his sleeping patterns (or lack there of) didn't help either.
There is a memorial today at the at&t plaza in front of the AAC. Just saw them setting it up. I believe it starts at 530. Should be a lovely tribute. Despite his lifestyle or causes, he dedicated his celebrity status to philanthropic deeds. I think that's reason enough to celebrate anyone's life. Hope everyone is having a great slide into the weekend! Be well and love much!!
I thought about going to it but no one wants to go with me.

:-(

LOL
  • Tsan
  • 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
^^^^ I call BS on that Kaylee
  • MRMR
  • 08-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Agree with Thathotnurse.
He did alot for many people.
Smoking and drinking cokes do not replace all the good he did for others in my mind.
I think that early morning shift has a way of eating away at these DJ's in the long run.
RIP
I would have gone with u K.