A Question to the GOP- who should pay this man's medical bills????

When i was working and receiving company health insurance
I had a little joke

Who runs [company name] health insurance program?
A. Dr Strangelove
B. Dr Mengele
C Dr Frankenstein

Well you should get the idea. The only people that have problem free health insurance are the politicians, no denying coverage, no copays no hassle

Wife is 12 years younger than I and I am 66 years old and get Medicare. How do i provide for her?
The ACA act!
Sure it costs but it is better than the Republican plan which is nothing

On my wife's side there was this great aunt that somehow because their job took them out of the USA they never had to sign up for Social Security. Husband died, the aunt went senile and a relative took her in... Except to qualify for Medicare one needs 10 years of income and they had none.
'Luckily' she died before her savings were exhausted
I'll have you know WEd19k that I donated every penny of the $2500 yearly savings Obama said I saved thanks to ACA that I actually saved.

EVERY PENNY!
I Dare You To Match It!
Originally Posted by gnadfly
WE1911? Flighty? Assup? BigKotex? WTF? Where's your pledge to match my donation? After all, ya'll were huge proponents of Obamacare and the supposed good it did. Don't tell me you are uncaring individuals?
This guy is a perfect republican tea party voter. He did every stupid thing they wanted him to and now he is screwed and he blames Obama. He had done well in business but had no idea how to reduce his exposure to risk.
WE1911? Flighty? Assup? BigKotex? WTF? Where's your pledge to match my donation? After all, ya'll were huge proponents of Obamacare and the supposed good it did. Don't tell me you are uncaring individuals? Originally Posted by gnadfly
I am a Christian and I feel I am obligated to help but God helps those who help themselves - if the gentleman in question will publicly announce that he made a mistake and admit that Obamacare has done some good than I will contribute, but first he must repent and admit his mistake. He's made a lot of mistakes - 300,000 home and 9000 in savings??? That's like driving a 2015 Benz and living in a trailer park.
When i was working and receiving company health insurance
I had a little joke

Who runs [company name] health insurance program?
A. Dr Strangelove
B. Dr Mengele
C Dr Frankenstein

Well you should get the idea. The only people that have problem free health insurance are the politicians, no denying coverage, no copays no hassle

Wife is 12 years younger than I and I am 66 years old and get Medicare. How do i provide for her?
The ACA act!
Sure it costs but it is better than the Republican plan which is nothing

On my wife's side there was this great aunt that somehow because their job took them out of the USA they never had to sign up for Social Security. Husband died, the aunt went senile and a relative took her in... Except to qualify for Medicare one needs 10 years of income and they had none.
'Luckily' she died before her savings were exhausted Originally Posted by instfixer
This can't be correct! We were told repeatedly that the ACA was directly from the GOP and Heritage Foundation plan in MA. Of course, there is no GOP plan other than the status quo which seems to work for about 85% of the country. Still, it would have been so nice for the GOP to have been involved in this latest plan, or even have been asked to contribute but they didn't. Imagine having portable health insurance or tort reform to help bring down the costs of the actual healthcare and not just the insurance. The last time the GOP got into the reform business we got the Bush drug act which seems to be working.
As for your aunt, they voluntarily decided not to sign up which is a right that many people would love to have back. I could do so much better saving for my own retirement with that money than the government has.
This guy is a perfect republican tea party voter. He did every stupid thing they wanted him to and now he is screwed and he blames Obama. He had done well in business but had no idea how to reduce his exposure to risk. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Stupidity on display folks. Big Louie blames a political movement that has existed for six years on decisions made over the last 30 or 40 years. Plus Louise doesn 't mention the idea of self reliance (another Tea Party thing) which would include your own health insurance through an employer or through yourself.
The Government (taxpayers) are not responsible for his bills. He had the chance and plenty of time and money while he was healthy and chose not to. He should sell his home or what ever assets he has. Even with the surgery, he has diabetes and he can still go blind, have kidney failure, etc. The surgery won't stop the underlying progression of his disease...Only he can do that by a strict regimen of diet and medication.
The government (taxpayers) is not responsible for providing people with health care but the idea has become popular in the age of "entitlement" so people can spend money on I-phones, tablet pcs and other non essentials.
I am a Christian and I feel I am obligated to help but God helps those who help themselves - if the gentleman in question will publicly announce that he made a mistake and admit that Obamacare has done some good than I will contribute, but first he must repent and admit his mistake. He's made a lot of mistakes - 300,000 home and 9000 in savings??? That's like driving a 2015 Benz and living in a trailer park. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You are so full of shit. You know that's not in the Bible. You're gaming us. Did a good job, too.
You are so full of shit. You know that's not in the Bible. You're gaming us. Did a good job, too. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I know you have an agenda against me and ironically just today I was talking to one of my church deacons. I asked him how do I deal with a person who negatively questions my religion and faith. My deacon stated that Satan will try to throw obstacles in front of me to knock me off my path to righteousness, but he told me to remember the verse where God told David that he would would make thine enemies your footstool.
In case if you don't understand that verse COG I will basically use your negativity to become closer to God. It's really a shame COG that you had the audacity to post a thread concerning how do we end racism - when you have hatred, prejudice against Christinans off all walks of life.
You have been under oathe and stated various forums that you do not trust Christians nor do you like to do business with them - doesn't hah prove that you are a bigot and not an honest man?
Quit whining about how everyone who thinks you're a fool has an agenda. We all know you are a fucking liar. I don't believe for one second you are a Christian. Did you mention to your deacon that the people you were arguing with were on a hooker board?

The simple answer to your original question. Mr. Lang should pay for his surgery. His choices put him in the predicament he is currently in. We can all criticize him for the choices he made. Several have commented on how he could have a $300,000 home and only $9,000 in savings. Depending on the area he is in a $300,000 may not be much of a home. We could discuss this but it would hijack this thread. I don’t think this is where the major mistake was made. He chose to not have insurance knowing his medical condition. Diabetes causes many problems and he was an idiot not to have insurance. He should have had it long before Obamacare kicked in.

My question to WE is why do you think that conservatives should pony up and pay for it? That would be like us expecting all liberals to help out all the low income people who purchased homes that they couldn’t afford and ultimately lost. After all it was the CRA that was pushed for by liberals.
A question for WoodE.

>>"But he has never bought insurance"

A man never buys home owners insurance. His house burns down. Who should pay to replace his home and belongings? Obama?
Quit whining about how everyone who thinks you're a fool has an agenda. We all know you are a fucking liar. I don't believe for one second you are a Christian. Did you mention to your deacon that the people you were arguing with were on a hooker board?

The simple answer to your original question. Mr. Lang should pay for his surgery. His choices put him in the predicament he is currently in. We can all criticize him for the choices he made. Several have commented on how he could have a $300,000 home and only $9,000 in savings. Depending on the area he is in a $300,000 may not be much of a home. We could discuss this but it would hijack this thread. I don’t think this is where the major mistake was made. He chose to not have insurance knowing his medical condition. Diabetes causes many problems and he was an idiot not to have insurance. He should have had it long before Obamacare kicked in.

My question to WE is why do you think that conservatives should pony up and pay for it? That would be like us expecting all liberals to help out all the low income people who purchased homes that they couldn’t afford and ultimately lost. After all it was the CRA that was pushed for by liberals. Originally Posted by Budman
Budman I know you still have an agenda with me from the so called "bet" that you lost- please get over it- that was nearly 3 years ago- time heals all wounds.
However, I never said Republicans should pay for Mr.Lang's bills- I merely made a point had he had Obamacare this would be a dead issue.
I know you have an agenda against me and ironically just today I was talking to one of my church deacons. I asked him how do I deal with a person who negatively questions my religion and faith. My deacon stated that Satan will try to throw obstacles in front of me to knock me off my path to righteousness, but he told me to remember the verse where God told David that he would would make thine enemies your footstool.
In case if you don't understand that verse COG I will basically use your negativity to become closer to God. It's really a shame COG that you had the audacity to post a thread concerning how do we end racism - when you have hatred, prejudice against Christinans off all walks of life.
You have been under oathe and stated various forums that you do not trust Christians nor do you like to do business with them - doesn't hah prove that you are a bigot and not an honest man? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Did you share with your deacon that you have over 70 reviews of prostitutes you've been with? Did you brag to him about the size of your penis? They call Satan the "Father of lies", but all I do is tell the truth about what you say.

I don't think you're a Christian. I doubt if you even have a church. I think you're having fun saying so, and watching our reactions. I think you have out gamed me. Well played. Now give up the charade.
Did you share with your deacon that you have over 70 reviews of prostitutes you've been with? Did you brag to him about the size of your penis? They call Satan the "Father of lies", but all I do is tell the truth about what you say.

I don't think you're a Christian. I doubt if you even have a church. I think you're having fun saying so, and watching our reactions. I think you have out gamed me. Well played. Now give up the charade. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG- why do you feel that I need to release my skeletons from my closet every time I speak with my church members? The deacon didn't reveal his skeleton's so why should I have the need to tell him about these things that you think are so important? Perhaps if I approached my deacon or pastor about sexual addiction than it would be appropriate, but what I have done on this site is not the business of my pastor/deacon or anyone else.
Do you reveal every dirty deed you have done to your family members/wife/friends or children?
Do you reveal every dirty deed you have done to your family members/wife/friends or children? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
No, but I'm not claiming to be a God Fearing Christian. Nor am I asking others to reinforce my claim to be a GFC while withholding information that might effect their response. You're simply a liar. Or a gamer.