Trump says it’s safe to reopen states as governors grapple with loosening restrictions

I think they should distance as much as possible. Unfortunately, that means seating in sporting events and places like that means half capacity for awhile. I hope it makes Mark Cuban go broke.

I hate wearing a mask but at least the thing makes other people feel safer. Originally Posted by friendly fred

According to everything I have read or heard, that's about all it does unless you have an N95 which affords a bit more protection but is not 100% so I'll continue to wear a mask to go into an inclosed space not that I have much choice here in Miami where it is a requirement.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ct-on-covid-19

Dr Ben Killingley, consultant in acute medicine and infectious diseases at University College London hospital, was also critical.
“The report is overly optimistic about the value of face coverings and it is incorrect to conclude that the evidence shows that face covering can reduce viral transmission in the community,” he said. “There is in fact no good evidence that face coverings achieve this.”

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroo...u-wear-a-mask/

Wearing a mask in public is not a substitute for social distancing, frequent hand washing and avoiding touching your face. Wearing a mask is one piece of a larger infection control policy. It doesn't replace any other recommendations, it's just another piece of the pie.
Notwithstanding, you being on your knees seems to be your natural state, you should get your gubmint issued knee pads to make you feel better about your new life. Anyone tells me to wear a mask gets the Seig Hiel salute and brisk heal click, followed by the one finger salute, and gets to see my backside as I walk away. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
You tell’em Tuffy, the great leader says it safe , so it’s safe!

He’s probably going to open rallies for his followers soon, grab your ticket.

70k dead and counting...all Hail the great leader!
Another lie? Maybe your syphiletic brain has gone soft. Trump's quote, like a miracle not it IS a miracle. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Then again your hearing may be bad from swabbing the engine room without ear protection....yeah, that’s more likely.
FEB 28
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
— Donald Trump

FEB 29
“It’s not going away but there’s no need to change your lifestyle, Yet.”
- Dr. Fauci

I’m following the guy who believes in science not the guy waiting on a miracle. Originally Posted by Jaxson66

While Trump's statement shouldn't be seen as definitive, the last two viruses MER's and SAR's did seem to disappear and Influenza A does effectively disappear when the weather warms. It seems that new information on COVID-19 says that direct sunlight likely kills COVID-19 so being at the beach on a sunny day is the last place you will get COVID-19.

But what is even more interesting about jaxson's post is his acknowledgement that Dr. Fauci, Trump's expert and the man the left says gives the advise Trump should listen to, said on Feb. 29th that there was no need to shutdown, no need to wear a mask, no need to social distance yet.

And 13 days later, yet came and Trump called for a national emergency. This is proof that contrary to the accusation that Trump didn't act fast enough, he was following the advise of his medical expert.

Add to that, the fact that Trump shut down flights from China on Jan.31, the day after the Lefts venerated WHO said

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-nsc/as-trump-administration-debated-travel-restrictions-thousands-streamed-in-from-china-idUSKBN21N0EJ

It is unclear when the president was made aware of the NSC’s proposal and what prompted his decision to act, but the decision followed the World Health Organization’s declaration the day before that the epidemic was a “public health emergency of international concern.”
The article while saying it is unclear as to when or what the NSC was proposing, they guess that Trump waited a week after the NSC.

The NSC staff ultimately proposed aggressive travel restrictions to high-level administration officials - but it took at least a week more for the president to adopt them, one of the government officials said.

So, should Trump have listened to the NSC or the WHO?

That's an easy one to answer if you are on the left, pick the one that makes Trump look bad, easy.

Doing my research I came across this and thought it indicative of Biden's cognitive decline.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200413/fact-check-was-trump-slow-to-halt-travel-from-china

But Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said Trump’s response wasn’t all that quick.
“He indicated that I complimented him on dealing with China. Well, you know, 45 nations had already moved to keep, block China’s personnel from being able to come to the United States before the president moved,” Biden said. “It’s about pace. It’s about the urgency. And I don’t think there’s been enough of it, urgency.”
PolitiFact decided to put Biden’s claim on the Truth-O-Meter. Taken literally, Biden’s statement that 45 countries blocked Chinese personnel from “being able to come to the United States” doesn’t make sense which matches pretty much everything he says these days— the countries were dealing with travel from China into their own countries, of course. Biden’s campaign did not provide an on-the-record clarification.

Based on the context of the interview, Biden’s point was that 45 nations imposed restrictions on travel from China before the United States’ own restriction, therefore the United States was slow on this front. We found that the United States acted around the same time as did many other countries. It wasn’t the first to restrict travel from China, but it wasn’t the last, either.

And what was the media's response to Trump restricting flights from China on Jan. 31?

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced

In March, another Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., conspicuously insisted that he wouldn't consider closing the U.S. border to prevent the spread of coronavirus, before condemning what he called the president's xenophobia.
For many news outlets, the about-face has been stark. A Jan. 31 article in The New York Times quoted epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm as saying that Trump's decision to restrict travel from China was "more of an emotional or political reaction."
Weeks later, though, the paper reported that dozens of "nations across the world have imposed travel restrictions to curb the spread of the coronavirus," and did not criticize any of them for the move.

The Washington Post ran a story quoting a Chinese official asking for "empathy" and slamming the White House for acting "in disregard of WHO [World Health Organization] recommendation against travel restrictions."

In March, The Post finally acknowledged that critics accused China and WHO of "covering up or downplaying the severity of an infectious disease outbreak."
A week earlier, Vox confidently declared that "The evidence on travel bans for diseases like coronavirus is clear: They don’t work." The article originally referred to the "Wuhan coronavirus" in its headline, before left-wing journalists and Democrats argued that terminology was racist.

Vox also tweeted on Jan. 31: "Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No." On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet, writing that it "no longer reflects the current reality of the coronavirus story."
That's journalist speak for "we got it wrong but we do not apologize for being wrong".

The Heritage Foundation's Lyndsey Fifield identified numerous other instances of prominent media outlets criticizing the travel ban, in many cases without issuing any kind of correction. For example, The Verge cautioned that Trump's policies "contradict advice from the World Health Organization (WHO), which said yesterday that countries should not restrict travel or trade in their response to the new virus."

BuzzFeed News asserted that "barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home ... likely violated civil rights laws, without leading to any real lowered risk of a U.S. outbreak," citing "global health law expert" Lawrence Gostin of Georgetown University.
STAT, a health and medicine news site, reported that the travel ban was similar to calls from "conservative lawmakers and far-right supporters of the president," even as "public health experts ... warn that the move could do more harm than good."

On Jan. 15, when the first American with coronavirus returned from China, House Democrats were ceremoniously carrying their articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate.

Nevertheless, this week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., accused Trump of endangering lives by wasting time. “As the president fiddles, people are dying,” Pelosi told CNN's Jake Tapper.
“The president, his denial at the beginning, was deadly," she claimed.

In recent days, the Biden team and other Democrats have moved on to other lines of attack, including claiming that Trump once referred to the coronavirus as a "hoax." That claim has been refuted by numerous fact-checkers, including The Post's, which found that Trump was clearly referring to Democrats' efforts to blame him for the pandemic, not the virus itself.

Additionally, numerous Democrats, including Biden, have falsely claimed that the president cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) budget. The Associated Press has noted that those claims "distort" the facts, largely because Congress blocked planned cuts.

Fox News has reported that the Obama administration also sought hundreds of millions of dollars in funding cuts to the CDC.

"Many in the scientific community beclowned themselves because their hatred for Trump blinded them -- and does to this day," Fifield said.
Meanwhile, even some prominent left-wing Democrats have come to the president's defense.

"This is not time to bicker," California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom said Wednesday on CNN. “Let me just be candid with you. I’d be lying to you to say that [Trump] hasn’t been responsive to our needs. He has. And so, as a sort of an offer of objectivity, I have to acknowledge that publicly."
Newsom added: "The fact is, every time that I've called the president, he's quickly gotten on the line. When we asked to get the support for that [USNS] Mercy ship in Southern California, he was able to direct that in real-time. We've got 2,000 of these field medical sites that are up, almost all operational now in the state, because of his support. Those are the facts."

Sorry, but I take the advice of my physician over your decision to not get a flu shot. ... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Your body, your choice. You shoot what ever you want in your veins. Will be interesting to see your choice when you are ordered to get the Bill Gates owned vaccine. Eh Comrade?
...70k dead and counting... Originally Posted by Jaxson66

Was looking at infection rates and found potential errors in the counting. Anyone know how many pomegranates, paw-paws, goats, chickens and other fruits and vegetables are included in the statistics?

Tanzania suspends laboratory head after president questions coronavirus tests

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22G295

DAR ES SALAAM (Reuters) - Tanzania has suspended the head of its national health laboratory in charge of testing for the coronavirus and ordered an investigation, a day after President John Magufuli questioned the tests’ accuracy.

Magufuli said on Sunday the imported test kits were faulty as they had returned positive results on a goat and a pawpaw — among several non-human samples submitted for testing, with technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins...