Some Perspective From A Retired Pro -

Both of you are so correct. I have said this for the last two years. Gone are the days when someone answered the phone EVERYTIME you called. A friend, DFW Escapes, PC, etc.

The providers decided "Its Too Expensive because I would have to do ONE extra session a week to pay for it. I've got Voice Mail"

Now that you are saving all this money, how much are you making by NOT answering your phone and getting EVERY opportunity to make money. I call 10 providers a week, 8 of them go to VM which I refuse to leave a message.

Five of them call you back anyway even if you did not leave a message which means I would NEVER see them. You are so desperate you commit the proverbial sin and return a call that you were not invited to return. STUPID

Three of them eventually answer their phone after you call 3 or 4 times.....IF you call them 3-4 times.

The two that answered their phone the first time, or HAD someone answer their phone got my money.

Girls if you want to work, learn the principles of BUSINESS. If you are not going to ACT like a business, then don't complain when your BUSINESS goes OUT of Business.

NEVER let a call go unanswered....NEVER. Voice Mail is NOT answering your phone.
I have to mostly agree with you, Introuble. It's true that a client will book with the person he talks to. When I get out of session and see the number of calls I missed and the lower number of voice mails, I feel it. It's not possible to answer every call. If I answer every call, I'm not working. That's what voice mail is for.

While I do stay busy, I recognize every one of those missed calls as a missed opportunity. I doubt they would have all booked but it's an opportunity for a connection and information. Maybe a future booking, maybe a client that would have been loyal in the slow season, maybe I could have directed them someplace else, who knows? The opportunity was lost.
[quote=lisa.lisa0302;617325]Treat your clients like human beings, why, well because they are. Listen to them when they talk, you will be surprised at how clients love that. Doesn't it make you feel good when a client ask "So how was school", "How are you doing". Talk to them, a little conversation goes so far, its called being friendly.
[quote]

This is a big one for me. I (& most guys I think) like to talk, b/c it helps establish an emotional connection with you. I don't want mechanical sex. I want to like and appreciate you as a person for who you are. Be real: who you really are. I try to do the same with you.
This is absolutely one of the most interesting threads I have seen. I have not heard anyone else complain that things were this slow. Maybe it is like you said - they are too proud to say anything. After all, who wants to "buy" from a deperate person?

There will always be a large percentage of guys motivated to go see the new girl on the block. Having done a good bit of that myself I can say that I have now decided to settle on three favorites because of 2 reasons: 1) consistently GOOD service, and 2) I feel a personal connection (whether the lady does also is hard to tell as the good providers have such highly refined social skills). I still reserve the right to stray into new territory now and then, but I like spending my money where I know I will get the value as opposed to gambling on an unknown.

Never forget one of the main axioms in sales: It is far easier to keep an existing customer than to get a new one. Some things you may NOT be able to change: the illusion of passion, the social skills, physical characteristics, etc., so focus on what you CAN change.

Here are a few ideas:
1) Make your favorites an offer that they feel is unique just for them (a reduced rate, a free hour after X hours, and extra 30 minutes per session, etc.), but the key is to make the guy feel like HE is special and privileged. Don't advertisie these to the public but offer them in person. Inviting the guy to stay a little longer sends a message that you like him or see something special about him (whether that is true or not).

2) Keep in contact. Ask your customers if it is OK for you to initiate contact. In many cases it is not for security reasons, but if the customer has a hobby phone, hobby email, or PM on P411 or ECCIE he will probably be OK with it. This does not mean mass emails, but personalized contact. Make him feel wanted but do NOT be pesky. Just ping him every now and then to say hi or to say you saw a movie or book he might like, etc. Be as much of a friend as you can be in this business where friendships must be at arms-length.

3) Give the repeat customer a "new girl" experience. Instead of going through the usual scripted routine take control and offer slightly different activities than last time or do things in a different order than before. I am the kind that likes the lady to take the lead and guide things, so surprise me. Take charge. Show me something I may not have done before. Ask the guy what fantasies he has instead of assuming he just wants the routine kissing, BJ, DATY, MPCFS script. Hardly anyone does this. Be predicatable in quality of service but unpedictable in the routine.

Never forget one of the main axioms in sales: It is far easier to keep an existing customer than to get a new one. Some things you may NOT be able to change: the illusion of passion, the social skills, physical characteristics, etc., so focus on what you CAN change.

Here are a few ideas:
1) Make your favorites an offer that they feel is unique just for them (a reduced rate, a free hour after X hours, and extra 30 minutes per session, etc.), but the key is to make the guy feel like HE is special and privileged. Don't advertisie these to the public but offer them in person. Inviting the guy to stay a little longer sends a message that you like him or see something special about him (whether that is true or not).

2) Keep in contact. Ask your customers if it is OK for you to initiate contact. In many cases it is not for security reasons, but if the customer has a hobby phone, hobby email, or PM on P411 or ECCIE he will probably be OK with it. This does not mean mass emails, but personalized contact. Make him feel wanted but do NOT be pesky. Just ping him every now and then to say hi or to say you saw a movie or book he might like, etc. Be as much of a friend as you can be in this business where friendships must be at arms-length.

3) Give the repeat customer a "new girl" experience. Instead of going through the usual scripted routine take control and offer slightly different activities than last time or do things in a different order than before. I am the kind that likes the lady to take the lead and guide things, so surprise me. Take charge. Show me something I may not have done before. Ask the guy what fantasies he has instead of assuming he just wants the routine kissing, BJ, DATY, MPCFS script. Hardly anyone does this. Be predicatable in quality of service but unpedictable in the routine. Originally Posted by Eklutna
I almost wonder if the bolded part is true in this business. While I completely agree that in most industries it's harder to earn new business than keep it, I think the way every FOTM gets put on a pedastal and people scan the welcome wagon looking for the newest girl on the scene shows that earning new business is in many ways easier for the new provider than one who's been on the scene awhile. I think it may be harder to keep business than earn it, but it can be done by many of the steps you outlined.

I've had many great visits that I thought end up being long term repeats that petered off after the second or third visit....often times for the things you listed.

Fairly or unfairly, I find myself holding someone to a higher standard after that second visit in that I don't want to feel taken for granted. It's nice to feel appreciated if you take the time to come back on a regular basis. I remember a well regarded provider that I really clicked with telling me one afternoon 'I'm glad it's just you, it's been a busy work day.' Looking back, I think she felt she was trying to convey that she felt she could just relax and be herself with me - it came across like she was ready to mail it in since I'd seen her every three weeks for a few months.

In most businesses retaining business is about maintaining a high level of customer service. I think this one is different in that you also have to mix it up a bit to make sure the lure of strange can be found without seeing somebody else.

There's one special provider that I pretty much will always see because she always gives me the illusion that she LOVES spending time with me, she's reliable, communicates (I love how she'll drop a generic PM/text about a current event or sports happening instead of the typical 'when are you gonna come see me), but most of all always tries to ask me what we can do to keep things as thrilling as the first time.
Not too long after I found ECCIE I also found a provider who just blew me away. Yeah, she was new at the time but then so was I. I have been back many times and I rarely see any others. Why? Let me count the ways:
1. Scheduling is easy.
2. She is ALWAYS on time.
3. She is ALWAYS freshly showered or I get invited into the shower with her.
4. She NEVER rushes me.
5. She is ALWAYS glad to see me and makes me feel special. It may be an act but it feels real and that is what counts.
6. She seems to have as much fun as I do and really gets into the action. It is not just mechanical sex.
7. If I finish early we spend the rest of the time talking or cuddling or she will just curl up beside me and lay her head on my chest like a GF would do. Priceless!
8. She will occasionally send a short text for no reason other than to say "Hi". I just love that.

All of the above gives me the illusion of passion and caring and that is what keeps me coming back again and again. I do stray on occasion but I always come back because I haven't found another who makes me feel so special. It is called GFE and ladies, that is the key to my repeat business.

It is not a one way street though. I am always on time, clean and well groomed. And I try to make the lady feel special by being a gentleman and treating her with respect and kindness. I also try to pleasure her. I may not succeed but it is not for lack of trying.

Having said all of that, I think that the DFW market is probably saturated. As of today, there are 498 listings for the Dallas area on P411 alone so it is hard to make yourself stand out in the crowd. I wish all of you ladies success and prosperity.
OK, here are a few from me:

On Price:
In this economy and on my income, I have a hard time paying 250/Hr. 99% of the providers priced above that are automatically scratched off my list. There's one lady here on my list that's priced at 400/Hr with a two hour minimum. She's on my list as a pipedream more than an actual possibility. Gone are the days where I can blow 800 in a month - much less on one date.

On In Call:
I'll go almost anywhere that *I* feel safe. Ladies should consider that their clients are generally middle aged and class. Please look at your location and think about how someone like me would feel leaving his car for an hour and walking to your room. Hint: lots of guys hanging in the parking lot = NO. A messy in call = NO. Also, very cheap motels are a NO too.

On you:
You should be clean and fresh. Small talk, good conversation, DFK, cuddling, caressing, MSOG, a decent BBBJ and IOP will bring me back for more. Please take a genuine interest in me and make me feel special. I'll even forgo others and see you 2-3 times per month if we really click.

Answer your phone or have VM on and return my call if I ask you to. Reply to e-mails ASAP if you use e-mails as initial contact and if I send a message through P411, please answer it. I don't know how many times I've sent a provider a question through P411 and never received a reply.
Great pts, this thread is a good one. Ekluntra, same with Oldmarine's statements.
Keeping great clients is a must. The one you turn down may be a repeat loyal client for yrs. Hopefully that isn't the case.

The effort to go the extra mile is a big deal, and communication. I don't expect an e-mail in 2 mins, but at least within 48 hrs isn't too much to ask for. Case and pt, a gal I used to get lapdances all the time at a local strip club, simply a cute gal, I politely asked her for a special request to wear stockings next time, she gave excuses on why she wouldn't wear even if I bought some for her. Just a turnoff.
Another is the rushed feeling like a fast food line like the prior posters said basically, read one review a long time ago on aspd, one of the reviewer saw the guy walk past him at the incall as he was going into a session with her. How awkward and uncomfortable is that? I never forgot that post.
Same applies to grooming, applies to guys and gals, undress to impress!

I will add NC/NS, things come up which is fine, just let me know, courtesy call by phone or an e-mail. Don't leave someone hanging.

Same with Adonis, incall is a big deal for me now, after a few threads on the hot spots, and unawaringly going nrby some of the those hot spots in my early days, I am thankful nothing happened. I am curious on the new ones, where their incalls are, and hate to schedule if the incall isn't safe. I like to know before scheduling, doesn't have to be exact but general area, due to the past alert threads.
I def wouldn't do a multi hr date with a gal I am seeing for the 1st time.

On guys, treat the woman with respect and courtesy, if they can't see you, don't constantly call her or e-mail her. I don't like that either when someone is calling me nonstop. Being humble goes a long way.

On Natalie's comment, never understood that either. I saw one gal's ad needing as many as 6 okays or so, it might have been less, but def more than the 2.
Not too long after I found ECCIE I also found a provider who just blew me away. Yeah, she was new at the time but then so was I. I have been back many times and I rarely see any others. Why? Let me count the ways:
1. Scheduling is easy.
2. She is ALWAYS on time.
3. She is ALWAYS freshly showered or I get invited into the shower with her.
4. She NEVER rushes me.
5. She is ALWAYS glad to see me and makes me feel special. It may be an act but it feels real and that is what counts.
6. She seems to have as much fun as I do and really gets into the action. It is not just mechanical sex.
7. If I finish early we spend the rest of the time talking or cuddling or she will just curl up beside me and lay her head on my chest like a GF would do. Priceless!
8. She will occasionally send a short text for no reason other than to say "Hi". I just love that.

All of the above gives me the illusion of passion and caring and that is what keeps me coming back again and again. I do stray on occasion but I always come back because I haven't found another who makes me feel so special. It is called GFE and ladies, that is the key to my repeat business.

It is not a one way street though. I am always on time, clean and well groomed. And I try to make the lady feel special by being a gentleman and treating her with respect and kindness. I also try to pleasure her. I may not succeed but it is not for lack of trying.

Having said all of that, I think that the DFW market is probably saturated. As of today, there are 498 listings for the Dallas area on P411 alone so it is hard to make yourself stand out in the crowd. I wish all of you ladies success and prosperity. Originally Posted by oldmarine
+1 Oldmarine. I think those are my criteria and I usually see who I see as often as I do because of your # 1-8. Maybe it is just an "old" thing.

Girls if you want to work, learn the principles of BUSINESS. If you are not going to ACT like a business, then don't complain when your BUSINESS goes OUT of Business.

NEVER let a call go unanswered....NEVER. Voice Mail is NOT answering your phone. Originally Posted by Introuble
Introuble, I agree with your statement about "acting like a business." But, I have a different perspective on answereing every call every time. There are plenty of sole proprietor businesses where it simply isn't practical to have an individual specifically dedicated to answering the phone. In those cases, with a solid commitment to keeping up with voice mails, and returning messages promptly there is minimal inconvenience and minimal loss of business.

My position in business (and the hobby) is that voice mail can be very effective if used properly by both the caller and the recipient. If you choose not to leave a message, fine. That's your choice. I agree, in that case there should be no call back.

But if you choose to leave a concise message with enough information that allows the recipient to call back with an answer it's very productive. Even with a short timeline to book, there is no reason you couldn't include something like "I'm a spur of the moment fellow with a limited window of time. If you get this message by 9 AM, please call back. If not, I'll try to reach you some other time."

Is voice mail as effective as a live individual answering every call? Typically not, but it's a judgement call on the proprietor's weighing the cost versus the benefit. (Matter of fact, I can cite examples of bookers/screeners answering calls that have caused me to pass on an appointment, so it can work both ways. I actually prefer hearing the lady's voice, rather than another individual. )

Just my $.02.

TP
Someone's sig line points out the number of Dallas providers on P411, and asks that you act happy that he chose you from the group. Outstanding advice. As others have said, we read your posts on the boards and they are part of our evaluation process. If you are bitter about your situation, whatever it may be, or feel that hobbyists are a bunch of chumps or losers your phone will not ring. As buyers, we need a reasonable idea of what we're getting. Might be a good idea to list the things you don't offer somewhere in your web presence, or find a way to communicate them to us. WALDT, so the fact that you don't offer something will not always be a deal breaker, while learning your limits as we go generally makes a one & done customer.
I have to say it only took me a little under two years to become fed up with scheduling. *I am the type of person who can't stand to be late to Anything! *So when someone calls and is says she is going to be late it's upsetting. *

Then when I actually arrive you look like you just woke up from a binge. *I'm not talking about the new backpage ladies either. *We're talking about ladies with Several glowing reviews. *Because I refuse to TOFTT but, makes me wonder if my luck would be better on BP.

Then there is the issue of time. *The last two ladies and 3 of the last 4 cut me short. *One actually counted her shower time to get ready for me. *I have NEVER stayed longer than time I have payed for. *In fact I watch the time so much it's almost a sacrifice to my overall experience.

Am I frustrated....Hell yes I am! *I refuse to put myself through the headache of trying to see someone who isn't greatful that I chose them out of 500 + ladies in the DFW area. *That's why I decided to take a break. *Last time I checked this was supposed to be fun and enjoyable. *Since it's neither for me there is no sense in spending my hard earned money. *
I've gotta line up behind oldmarine here.
I'm one of those odd birds that like BOTH the variety of the newbies and the passion of the ATF. I have a few ladies that I keep going back to, and I like meeting new ladies and making new friends.

I think it should be noted here that I do have more that one lady that I see on any kind of "ongoing" basis. This means that I can't come see each one every week, or even every month. I do love their company and I come back as often as I can.

I think the main thing that gets me to book return sessions and longer sessions is this. The ladies that I love the most make me think that they LIKE ME. Perhaps it's an act, perhaps not, but they leave me feeling that they like spending time with me (and not just spending my money). That may mean remembering what I like, remembering details of our visits and conversations. It may mean a pee emm from time to time just to say, "I've missed you. How are you doing?" or perhaps an email the next day asking, "How's your back? Are you feeling any better?" It may mean putting me on their buddy list and finding me in chat or IM. And it definitely means being "thrilled" to see me and making me feel like I'm special to her.

As some have mentioned, figure out why I'm in the hobby and fulfill that need. For me, the nature of my job is to give, give, give all day everyday. To be brutally honest, I don't just hobby for the sex. I hobby because I crave AAA - attention, affection, and appreciation.

I've posted in the past about what would keep me from seeing a lady. Thanks for the opportunity to turn the table and thank the ladies I love the most for what they do best.
Why would anyone with a familiarity of this or other boards see unverified BP. etc. providers when there are so many verified and well-reviewed providers on this and other boards?

My guess is that providers' current financial woes stem mainly from (1) a poor supply-and-demand situation in Dallas, and (2) the down economy, which affects most potential customers. After all, $200-300+ for an hour's entertainment is NOT a cheap "hobby".

And, I wonder if all providers are seeing a drop in business, or if some groups (by age or body style or hair color or price-point or whatever) see a bigger or lesser decline.
Why would anyone with a familiarity of this or other boards see unverified BP. etc. providers when there are so many verified and well-reviewed providers on this and other boards?

My guess is that providers' current financial woes stem mainly from (1) a poor supply-and-demand situation in Dallas, and (2) the down economy, which affects most potential customers. After all, $200-300+ for an hour's entertainment is NOT a cheap "hobby".

And, I wonder if all providers are seeing a drop in business, or if some groups (by age or body style or hair color or price-point or whatever) see a bigger or lesser decline. Originally Posted by notdeadyet
The reasons vary on why guys would like to see BP or CL or other providers, one being that they are looking for a "diamond in the rough", most do not have GPS in their personality or donation price.

There are far more hobbyists than their will ever be providers.

I believe that not all are experiencing the drop in business, hence, they will not answer their emails or pick up their phone.