Someone is going to bring it up...Alec Baldwin

As someone who actually has worked on movie sets I feel like I can add a little something to this discussion.
Firstly, it's not unusual to have actual working weapons on set. Not the norm but it's a relatively common occurrence. However, the fact that there was live ammunition anywhere on that set goes against all standard procedure. It is not allowed. Ever.
We've all seen or heard about the lack of safety surrounding firearms on set. I've also heard some disturbing talk that cast or crew or both had been using the weapon in question for target practice near the set. Again, a clear deviation from industry practice.
Seems relevant also that the crew working on set were non union folks brought in to replace union workers who walked away over the brutal shooting schedules (no pun intended). 16 hour shooting days plus a two hour commute each way is not acceptable. Contributing factor? I'd argue as much.
As to the political aspect of the story, I find it noteworthy that Baldwin, a staunch democrat, was grinding those crews to the extent he was. So much for giving a shit about working men and women. Conversely, it's worth mentioning that Clint Eastwood productions are known for shooting in a much less taxing fashion. I'd heard it from several different craftspeople and worked with 2 folks who'd worked one of his shows who'd verify that. Anecdotal? Yes. Sue me
  • oeb11
  • 10-25-2021, 07:45 PM
Interesting
Thank you for your thoughts!
As someone who actually has worked on movie sets I feel like I can add a little something to this discussion.
Firstly, it's not unusual to have actual working weapons on set. Not the norm but it's a relatively common occurrence. However, the fact that there was live ammunition anywhere on that set goes against all standard procedure. It is not allowed. Ever.
We've all seen or heard about the lack of safety surrounding firearms on set. I've also heard some disturbing talk that cast or crew or both had been using the weapon in question for target practice near the set. Again, a clear deviation from industry practice.
Seems relevant also that the crew working on set were non union folks brought in to replace union workers who walked away over the brutal shooting schedules (no pun intended). 16 hour shooting days plus a two hour commute each way is not acceptable. Contributing factor? I'd argue as much.
As to the political aspect of the story, I find it noteworthy that Baldwin, a staunch democrat, was grinding those crews to the extent he was. So much for giving a shit about working men and women. Conversely, it's worth mentioning that Clint Eastwood productions are known for shooting in a much less taxing fashion. I'd heard it from several different craftspeople and worked with 2 folks who'd worked one of his shows who'd verify that. Anecdotal? Yes. Sue me Originally Posted by Ducbutter

Thanks for that insight. Alec Baldwin is a workaholic asshole. Clint Eastwood has a hard time getting out of bed.
  • oeb11
  • 10-25-2021, 07:55 PM
Clint Eastwood is 91

I hope i am in his shape at that age.

Che' - is DEAD!!!!!
Thanks for that insight. Alec Baldwin is a lazy asshole. Clint Eastwood is 91 and in better shape than you. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

FTFY
FTFY Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You need to fix it again. Your "correction" makes it seem like I stated Clint Eastwood is in better shape than Ducbutter.

• oeb11
  • 10-25-2021, 08:04 PM
Che' is still DEAD - Deservedly!
As to the political aspect of the story, I find it noteworthy that Baldwin, a staunch democrat, was grinding those crews to the extent he was. So much for giving a shit about working men and women. Conversely, it's worth mentioning that Clint Eastwood productions are known for shooting in a much less taxing fashion. I'd heard it from several different craftspeople and worked with 2 folks who'd worked one of his shows who'd verify that. Anecdotal? Yes. Sue me Originally Posted by Ducbutter

Eastwood as a director has a reputation of coming in under budget and within schedule. he also dislikes multiple takes and insists on minimal makeup for actors. you know .. like real people look .. except painted up tarts strolling Harry Hines ..
You need to fix it again. Your "correction" makes it seem like I stated Clint Eastwood is in better shape than Ducbutter.

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

No. you.
  • oeb11
  • 10-25-2021, 08:07 PM
Eastwood as a director has a reputation of coming in under budget and within schedule. he also dislikes multiple takes and insists on minimal makeup for actors. you know .. like real people look .. except painted up tarts strolling Harry Hines .. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Or - Not like Fiden adn Psucki at their televised Lie-fests.
Always on ignore.

• oeb11
  • 10-25-2021, 08:11 PM
hardly - stalker!
No. you. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

I know that's what you meant. The joke didn't land. And the first part was sophomoric. Are you getting Tanq'd?
I know that's what you meant. The joke didn't land. And the first part was sophomoric. Are you getting Tanq'd? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

if you say so
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
tasty frog! frog legs any one???