CK's get togethers vs the events I have staged in the past....

The Mods have frequently closed any mention of CK's parties on ECCIE. Again I say his socials have been just cocktail parties with no pandering. What does a beer cost at a strip joint? Is there a cover charge? Originally Posted by tucson
CK has already admitted there is pandering..... Knight a different cause....

There are a lot of reasons why someone might not take every possible tax deduction they are eligible for.

For example......

Person A makes $120,000 a year in the form of a salary with paycheck stubs to show $10,000 a month in income. After all the possible deductions he can take including charitable contributions, he reduces his taxable income down to $58,000 as his Adjusted Gross Income.

Person B is Self Employed and makes $132,000 a year from commissions on Car sales in the automotive industry. After all the possible deductions he can take including charitable contributions, he reduces his taxable income down to $58,000 as his Adjusted Gross Income.

Both people have been in the same line of work for 5 years and are interested in buying a home. ..

In the case of Person A, when a Mortgage company goes to determine his income they use Gross income from his most recent month's paycheck stubs. So his income for qualification purposes is $10,000 a month and with basic ratios applied that a overseen by the govt he is allowed approximately $4500 of that $10,000 towards all installment, credit card and mortgage debt combined.

In the case of Person B, when a Mortgage company goes to determine his income they use Adjusted Gross Income from his last 2 years tax returns. So his income for qualification purposes is $4,833 a month and with basic ratios applied that a overseen by the govt he is allowed approximately $2,175 of towards all installment, credit card and mortgage debt combined.

So although both individuals technically make the same money, may have the same debt and pay the same taxes after deductions, Person B is greatly limited in his options when financing a home.

Many have to go back and amend returns, pay additional taxes plus penalties NOT TAKING deductions they are allowed simply to have a higher provable income.

Our Govt at work.....

Originally Posted by Whispers
Got-DAYUM!

How the fuck did a question/discussion about the the respective "meet-ups" that ck1942 and Whispers put on devolve into an amateur armchair tax tutorial?

I simply stated that ANYONE could visit this site and see where,when and WHO was participating in a "fundraising" function.The "fundraiser" and all the details are posted up bigger than shit here.

The "meet-ups" seemingly have a filter of sorts via links.
Got-DAYUM!

How the fuck did a question/discussion about the the respective "meet-ups" that ck1942 and Whispers put on devolve into an amateur armchair tax tutorial?

I simply stated that ANYONE could visit this site and see where,when and WHO was participating in a "fundraising" function.The "fundraiser" and all the details are posted up bigger than shit here.
Originally Posted by Observing
AS stated previously, All collection points were published for the purpose of facilitating donating and everyone involved were totally aware they were publishing there whereabouts.

Is it Johnny? or Farquar?
AS stated previously, All collection points were published for the purpose of facilitating donating and everyone involved were totally aware they were publishing there whereabouts.

Is it Johnny? or Farquar? Originally Posted by Whispers
"publishing there whereabouts."

You meant "their",correct?
Although "there" does certainly apply......

Neither,and does it matter?
"publishing there whereabouts."

You meant "their",correct?
Although "there" does certainly apply......

Neither,and does it matter? Originally Posted by Observing
It does. You seem to only have one purpose here.....
dieu dieu?
I'd just like to point out to the parties in disagreement that I have never even tried to takes a deduction for donations to these sorts of causes that crop up at Christmastime. I don't see the point, be they Toys for Tots, my church's giving tree, or several other similar pick a needed gift a bring it to a drop off drives. Unless they are set up for providing valid IRS-acceptable receipts, which most aren't, it's just an audit waiting to happen.
I do it for the sheer good felling I get from doing something nice for another.
It does. You seem to only have one purpose here..... Originally Posted by Whispers
And it would seem, a noble cause at that.

How I wish that I could dally. Alas.