Guys, it's time to stop commenting on "fees"

what gets me is the guys telling the ladies to raise rates? i guess i should run down to the chevy dealer and pay +25% for a new corvette in these slow economic times to help out the multi-billion dollar company out.

the top of my range is what i make in a day. if it takes me all day to make their rate and i get to be happy for a day then i think its a fair trade for me. that is my limit and it is for me to know. i have seen some ladies below that rate and had an amazing time. i have seen some ladies above that rate and wished i had seen the ladies i had seen in the past that had blown my socks off. i guess my input is to look and find the deal you want that matches the services that you want while the ladies you choose provides the experience your looking for and pull the trigger and move on!

just a thought.
But . . . but . . . if those other guys (who haven't seen her) don't reply to a review to tell me they wouldn't spend that much to see her . . . how am I supposed to know whether I should pay that much to see her???

What do y'all expect me to do, anyway? Think for myself? *shudder* Originally Posted by Chevalier
Your principle carried forward would mean that you don't read reviews because you wouldn't rely on them. Nor do you write reviews because you don't want others to rely on them. After all, we should all "think for ourselves." But hold on, that would mean this board serves no purpose, and that only after a session commences will we be able to determine whether we're getting value for our money. Uh-uh, I don't buy it.

I think it's perfectly fine to discuss rates. We do it all the time in the private area and one-on-one with our brethern. The only purpose this thread serves is for a few guys (and I don't mean you, Chevalier) to beat their chests to appear heroic to our sisters. When your arms get tired, fellas, come back to the private area and let's talk rates.
It has been proposed many times to prohibit replies to reviews and that solution would solve this and other matters and issues

Back in the ASPD days, if I saw a review of a lady that I wanted to see but her rate was above my spending limit, I'm make a post along the lines of, "Wow, I wonder if she ever runs a special or offers discounts to those of us who post reviews? and that would be it. I'd never insult her or demand she lower the rates like it appears so many do these days.

Many times I would get a PM from the gal asking what my ceiling was and I'd let her know and if she thought she could see me for that, she would.

Not sure if that is "haggling" since SHE initiated the PM.
So, in a board designed to discuss services provided in exchange for payment, it is wrong to discuss the payment?

That makes absolutely no sense. Originally Posted by Fort Worth Punk
It might make better sense to start a thread about the provider's rates HERE in Co Ed so she can reply if she chooses rather than dog pile on her in a forum she can't post.
Your principle carried forward would mean that you don't read reviews because you wouldn't rely on them. Nor do you write reviews because you don't want others to rely on them. After all, we should all "think for ourselves." But hold on, that would mean this board serves no purpose, and that only after a session commences will we be able to determine whether we're getting value for our money. Uh-uh, I don't buy it. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
"Carried forward" = exaggerated to an extreme strawman? Nice rhetorical trick, and I also indulge myself occasionally, but not all slopes are slippery.

I imagine you understand my real position, but for those who don't:

Yes, reviews are valuable, to the extent they provide accurate information. Often, their value isn't very high, because most people don't do it well and the result is more about bragging (or providing a masturbatory fantasy) than providing information. But they have value and certainly shouldn't be done away with.

No, I don't think a review that simply expresses an opinion or conclusion -- "Best I've ever had! You should absolutely see her!" have even that much value. WALDT, and I've found at most one or two guys whose preferences are close enough to mine that I would see someone based simply on his recommendation without more.

But the focus of my ridicule had two specific qualifications. First, by guys who hadn't even seen the lady in question. So, when they haven't experienced the service, what value is their evaluation? Second, abount what they would pay for a given service. Since the "how much I'm willing to pay" decision depends not only on the WALDT question but also budget and a host of other factors, what value does that provide? Would it be useful for me to proclaim that I'm not willing to pay as much for wine as TTH does, or for a sugarbaby experience as you do? Your and his descriptions of the experience may be helpful to others, but would anyone really decide how much they would pay for that based on my opinion? God, I hope not.

Want to discuss rates? Have at it, although too often it is done in a gratuitously cruel or misogynistic way, and that's not necessary. But I find amusing, if not ridiculous, the inevitable responses (and I don't mean yours, SJ) to threads like this that claim such comments are valuable information. They're an opportunity to vent, perhaps reassurance from seeing that other people have similar values (although a confident person wouldn't attach that much weight to others' opinions), maybe even a way to try to pressure the ladies into lowering their fees (foolish, because it's the level of their business rather than rhetoric by a few guys on a SJMB that will influence that; I've never seen such comments have any effect). Maybe it's just some way to pass the time. *shrug* But let's not overstate how important and valuable they are. Yet some people have an over-inflated sense of the contributions they make by those comments.
+1000
Great Thread !
It might make better sense to start a thread about the provider's rates HERE in Co Ed so she can reply if she chooses rather than dog pile on her in a forum she can't post. Originally Posted by LazurusLong

As we have seen the ladies can and do have the ability to start a thread regarding reviews or comments. And a guy saying he thinks rates are out of line is not dogpiling, he is stating his opinion.
It's basic pussy/cock economics 101. Let the market work. DL is right. Originally Posted by angusranch
Let the free market do its thing. If the lady is overpriced, she won't get any customers and then she will be forced to drop her rate, just like everything else. Originally Posted by subclade
Bingo. People don't set prices, market do!
Providers do one of two things

1) Price their services based upon how much they want to work
2) Price their services based upon their view of what they think they are worth.

Some providers charge $300 because they only want one session a day and some $200 providers price themselves at $300 because that is what they THINK they are worth and wonder why the phone doesn't ring. Somewhere there is a middle ground that works for everyone. Better to charge less and have the phone ring than charge too much and sit and look at the walls with nothing to do.

I personally do not care what they charge. In order, I first look at pics, the typos in the ad, how easy they make it to book (no email bookings etc) and last the price. I usually never make it to price since one of the other three usually rule them out. No price, no pics, no phone call.
So, in a board designed to discuss services provided in exchange for payment, it is wrong to discuss the payment?

That makes absolutely no sense. Originally Posted by Fort Worth Punk
Pretty much what I thought as I scanned through the thread.
This type of thread is the type of post that is beyond the shadow of a doubt making this site ASPD2.0. J3sus, fvking, c#rist guys!
How about using this site for the purpose that is what meant, let's research and play with the ladies. Now, that's an idea.
Great Thread ! Originally Posted by khloecruise
I agree. I thought I might nudge Chevalier into writing thoughtfully (as he always does) if I playfully provoked him a little. And if you're reading this and only scanned his reply, slow down, back up, and read it again because it gives great insight into what reviews are all about.

Back in the ASPD days, if I saw a review of a lady that I wanted to see but her rate was above my spending limit, I'm make a post along the lines of, "Wow, I wonder if she ever runs a special or offers discounts to those of us who post reviews? Originally Posted by LazurusLong
I remember you posted a lot of those replies because all the girls had rates above your spending limit. Haha.
Interesting threads.

I don't write reviews, not sure if I was would I rely on them. If I saw a provider I wanted to see and out of my price range. I highly doubt me posting her rates are slighty out my range would have her pm-ing me begging me to see her . Really,really really doubt it would work it that way.

Hey if the gents feel better talking about rates in hopes a particular provider lowers them, being mean and complaing about them, will help their cause. Have at it. I will say this. That one provider may just drop her rates, and she may have read the complaints on her rates, doubtful she will ever see the ones complaining.
I highly doubt me posting her rates are slighty out my range would have her pm-ing me begging me to see her . Really,really really doubt it would work it that way. Originally Posted by lisa.lisa0302
Theoretically it could. There's actually some rationale behind an approach like that. If a lady wants some more business, she could privately approach and offer just a few guys a special rate. Whereas if she publicly offers a special, she may get appointments with those guys, but everyone else -- who would be willing to pay her existing rate -- will claim the special as well. The problem is always information: how does she find out who won't see her at her existing rate but would see her at a slightly lower rate? They could PM her directly, but they have no way of knowing whether she would consider a lower rate; she may have as much business as she wants and consider that inquiry an insult. But she can't easily determine the target audience for such an offer to make it privately.

I've never tried it, and never will. I always worried that if I suggested a special rate, the lady might interpret that as charging me a higher rate than normal. But seriously, to me, it's not worth the aggravation and the potential for offending her. To some guys, it is. CASG
I've had more than one provider whom I have visited PM me some time later to spark a conversation, obviously leading to a return visit. I mostly try to pay the quoted rate...and tip a little. However, there have been times when I've just told them I couldn't fully pay the quoted rate at that time, and they dropped their fee. I'm sure this has happened to others. "How low will you go" is a distasteful strategy, but if she's already paying for a room she just might settle for incremental dollars. But, yeah, that's the market at work.