Women in a house with a gun much more likely to be shot.

Maybe you fuxtix could make a difference if you packed UP YOUR ARSEnals and moved to Honduras or Ivory Coast!

Great idea. Go where you're needed!
Maybe you fuxtix could make a difference if you packed UP YOUR ARSEnals and moved to Honduras or Ivory Coast!

Great idea. Go where you're needed! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Wow, what a well thought out response.

Great idea. Go where you're needed! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Wow, what a well thought out response. Originally Posted by southtown4488
considering the source, two libtard America haters to another. let's have you two assholes move to Honduras or Ivory Coast. we'll be waiting for your obituaries. death by bungee.
I concede the statistics in your cited study are correct as far as it goes, but a point is being missed. How many homes are not burglarized, and how many homeowners are not killed, because of the deterrent effect of guns?
It could be thousands. No way to put a number to it, but you know it is there. Your own life might have been saved by the fact that people who want to harm you (and I imagine there are many) know you have weapons in your home.

So yes, I accept the fact that some people get killed because guns are available, and they wouldn't die otherwise. Can you accept that other people's lives are saved because of guns? At that point, we are merely arguing over the numbers. Originally Posted by DSK
As you state, no one knows. First, burglaries, by definition, occur when no one is at home, or no one has an interaction with the burglars. Garage door left open, bicycle gone. Now robberies are face-to-face. Usually outside the home. There are a handful of random home invasions in a calendar year. I can't remember the last time I read or heard about one in the Austin area. And I follow the news closely and break-ins where violent crime occurs is news.

Yes, I agree that people's lives are saved because of guns. But I also believe that many more homeowners die or are hurt because there are guns in the home than are saved because there are guns in the home.

It comes down to an individual's choice and I support whatever decision is made.
The NRA likes to claim that guns are an equalizer for women but the truth is women who have a gun in the house are more likely to have that gun used against them.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb...udies-20140224 Originally Posted by southtown4488
LMAO, they've never met any of the gals I know that carry.
comparing the US to third world nations is foolish, its comparing apples to oranges. A better comparison would be to compare to countries like the UK, Australia etc

Gun deaths per 100,000 people
United States10.64
United Kingdom0.26
Australia0.86
Denmark1.28
Originally Posted by southtown4488
You only think so, suckclown, because you know your disingenuous argument falls apart very quickly if you aren't allowed to cherry pick your data for comparison. Your lying ilk doesn't want to factor in nations like Mexico, El Salvador or Honduras -- the port of origin for some 50 to 60% of the illegals in this country -- yet, your duplicitous ass cannot produce any significant statistical evidence that Aussie, Brit and Danish illegals are contributing to the overall crime/murder rate in this country, suckclown.
The NRA likes to claim that guns are an equalizer for women but the truth is women who have a gun in the house are more likely to have that gun used against them.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb...udies-20140224 Originally Posted by southtown4488
Here is the one thing that could be padding this stat. I know this is used by gun control freaks to make it seem like there are a bunch of crazy red-necks out there gunning everybody down.

The vast majority of deaths caused by guns in america is, unfortunately, suicide. It's around 60 to 65% of the reported deaths with a gun. It's something like that.

This is a side point but cities like Chicago, New York, etc... with extreme local gun control laws have the most murders with a gun (most illegally obtained) and 85 to 90% is AA on AA.

Bull shit gun control laws don't work.
  • DSK
  • 09-02-2015, 07:14 AM
comparing the US to third world nations is foolish, its comparing apples to oranges. A better comparison would be to compare to countries like the UK, Australia etc

Gun deaths per 100,000 people
United States10.64
United Kingdom0.26
Australia0.86
Denmark1.28 Originally Posted by southtown4488
Our population is far more diverse than those countries that you listed, so it is difficult to compare us to them.
Speedie and NBK both make the same mistake. No one said anything about REQUIRING gun ownership. What they said was that the government should TEACH people how to use guns properly. They teach people to use calculus even if they will never use it. They teach people "folk dancing" in gym class, ditto. In the case of NBK, they teach personal hygiene, ditto. Anyone ever been in a gym class where they brought out the old bow and arrows? I have but I have yet to carry a bow in my day to day life. Shooting a gun is a skill like any other. Only the left (Speedie is an exception) seems to be hell bent on denying themselves and others access to that skill. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I stated that no one should be required to learn how to use guns properly if they have no intent on owning a gun. I did then expand it to the much broader subject of gun ownership but the primary emphasis was on making something mandatory for people with no interest in it. I used to fire a .22 rifle at a target for fun and sometimes competition. Much different IMHO from learning how to use a .22 to protect myself. In the army I was taught how to fire an M-16 to try to make me a killing machine if I ever got into combat.

Again, I am all for providing handgun safety and knowledge to those who desire it. Mandatory?? No way.
This should solve most of the gun problems in the country.

http://youtu.be/jFcUOwnfAsE
well it is obvious what Jackie said went right over you and speedracers heads but that does not surprise me

The government should, at all levels, encourage American Citizens to learn about firearms, how to use them, and recognize the responsibility that goes with firearm ownership and the consequences involved if you should ever have to use it in defence of your life, property, or loved ones.

he did not say anything about forcing people to buy fire arms dipshit Originally Posted by gary5912
I can go along with "encourage" to some degree. What I do not go along with is Jackie's statement:

Why doesn't the Government mandate firearm's instruction in schools.
Our population is far more diverse than those countries that you listed, so it is difficult to compare us to them. Originally Posted by DSK

ahhh, the old blame minorities card. . . but your not racist right.
ahhh, the old blame minorities card. . . but your not racist right. Originally Posted by southtown4488
At least he hasn't called someone an Uncle Tom and without knowing their actual race ,SUCKCLOWN !!!
At least he hasn't called someone an Uncle Tom and without knowing their actual race ,SUCKCLOWN !!! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
ur the uncle tom, or a wannabe uncle tom. . . either way, ur a disgrace.
ur the uncle tom, or a wannabe uncle tom. . . either way, ur a disgrace. Originally Posted by southtown4488
A disgrace to who, ya friggen brain dead liberal ?