Movie Bullshit Thread-- Guardians of the Galaxy... One word... Glorious!

I fell asleep about halfway through and work up at the end.

I bet it's pretty good if you puff the unmentionable stuff right before you see it. Originally Posted by dallasfan
Lmao.Yeah I saw it this weekend. Wasn't my type of movie.
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/h...rdians-galaxy/

Interesting read. I have nothing against the movie, but this is an interesting perspective.

Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

I really enjoyed the movie even knowing nothing about the franchise.

That being said, I found the article pretty amusing. Its funny when the pretentious, indie types get a taste of their own medicine from the establishment. Classic.
The only thing that disappointed me was that we didn't get to see this in the scene with Cosmo:
Attached Images File Type: gif rocket&cosmo.gif (99.0 KB, 64 views)
"Remember, this movie is based on a comic series no normal people have ever read"

Yeah, Guess I am not "normal" Nor are my 40+ friends that we filled the theater with Thursday night that all FUCKING LOVED this movie.

Fuck those writers. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
I never read the original series, but I really enjoyed the reboot (members from the movie), so I'm glad to hear the movie did well and fans were generally happy with it. I look forwards to seeing it this weekend!
The Tesseract, The Aether and the Orb. What was the fourth? Originally Posted by Bad_Mojo
You are right....just 3. I was thinking Loki's staff/scepter had a stone that would end up being an Infinity Gem/Stone, which made 4. If you research online, many others are debating this very thing. But I think the Tesseract and Loki's scepter's stone had a connection and count as one. We're such nerds! LOL
I get that people can dislike movies I consider good. I don't really get why people are upset that others enjoy things they don't, but I guess there will always be those that can't stand fun they aren't a part of. So far, it seems that the GotG haters unanimously fall into the killjoy category, though, which I find somewhat interesting.

Originally Posted by The Proper Stranger

LMAO!! This picture cracked me up....in part, because it describes me. For example, I hate Avatar. And anyone who likes it, I just wanna....hit 'em with a pie in the face. There is other stuff as well that I hate greatly and others love. Very annoying...so, STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!

Very hilarious and accurate picture, there.

As far as this movie goes, I'm a Marvel fan, but I've been hesitant to go see this. I haven't because, I just feel like a talking, wise-cracking raccoon is just going to annoy the fuck out of me. I mean, you (it) shouldn't be talking in the first place, let alone being a gun toting, smart mouth, wannabe badass. The logic in my brain doesn't want to see a talking raccoon because it suggests lack of seriousness that I prefer in movies (unless I'm watching that's clearly intended to be funny).

That said. I'm going to try to make myself go watch this, but my expectations will be lower than a snake belly.
After watching the trailer I thought it was going to be very cheesy. My expectations we not that great going into it. That marketing team were brilliant!!! This is one of the best movies I've seen lately. No one warned me about the beginning. Something similar happened to me and it unexpectedly hit me hard. After that scene it was pure liquid amazingness. Loved it.
LMAO!! This picture cracked me up....in part, because it describes me. For example, I hate Avatar. And anyone who likes it, I just wanna....hit 'em with a pie in the face. There is other stuff as well that I hate greatly and others love. Very annoying...so, STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!

Very hilarious and accurate picture, there.

As far as this movie goes, I'm a Marvel fan, but I've been hesitant to go see this. I haven't because, I just feel like a talking, wise-cracking raccoon is just going to annoy the fuck out of me. I mean, you (it) shouldn't be talking in the first place, let alone being a gun toting, smart mouth, wannabe badass. The logic in my brain doesn't want to see a talking raccoon because it suggests lack of seriousness that I prefer in movies (unless I'm watching that's clearly intended to be funny).

That said. I'm going to try to make myself go watch this, but my expectations will be lower than a snake belly. Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
So you're ok with guys who make weaponized suits of armor out of a blowtorch and an iron, Norse space gods, guys who become the green Kool-Aid Man when they stub their toe... but you draw the line at anthropomorphic talking raccoons?
... I just feel like a talking, wise-cracking raccoon is just going to annoy the fuck out of me. ... Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
I KNOW it will annoy the fuck out of me. Almost as much as Jar Jar Binks and Hobbits.
So you're ok with guys who make weaponized suits of armor out of a blowtorch and an iron, Norse space gods, guys who become the green Kool-Aid Man when they stub their toe... but you draw the line at anthropomorphic talking raccoons? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
In a roundabout way, ummm, yeah.

It was a box of scraps, btw, and the suit, isn't iron, but titanium alloy.