So, open carry passed in Texas...

In the other 44 states that already have open carry - the only increase in crime has been in gun theft - and not the "grab and run" type. Most of the open carry types are collectors, so the robbers scope them out and break in while they're gone and steal everything. Originally Posted by mtabsw
true, a friend of mine in another state got his home robbed of all his guns and he thinks it was becasue he always had an open carry with him and even said himself he liked to show them off. Not anymore he just conceals now after lossing like 15,000 dollars worth of guns.
Fear monger. Originally Posted by Iam45
Nah just a realist. Like the whole anti police crap but quick to dial 911 when shit goes down. I will not offer to protect nor will I support an establishment banning guns just because. I understand it is their right. But it's my right to take my business elsewhere. I have walked back to the truck a few times. To to drop my gun but to go somewhere my business is appreciated.
I am sure those businesses will do fine without your money, and guns.
  • motor
  • 01-03-2016, 04:20 PM
whether they post a 30.06 or 30.07, if someone management of a business asks you to leave because of your handgun you have to leave otherwise is becomes trespassing if you don't. Best practice is if they post....abide by it.
No way I am going to open carry my pistol. The new law deals with weapons; doesn't deal with John Henry. I 'd be in the slammer for IE.
Open carry is actually a liberty issue. I've lived in places where only the cops and the crooks had guns and the crime rate is off the charts (PR, Chicago, NYC).

I'll take my chances defending myself; or rather, I believe the chances of conflict lessen when the criminals know that you are probably armed.
My only hope is that business owners that opt to post these 30.06 and 30.07 signs is to get robbed. May they be robbed at gun point by thugs who either couldn't read or chose to ignore their signs. These signs only keep out the good guys with guns. Hell your mass shootings are usually done in gun free zones. But somehow we easily forget this. Originally Posted by 2long4u
That's petty and something a depraved person would wish for. That's like saying you wish women who wear revealing clothing would get raped to teach them a lesson about not waering revealing clothes. Seek help.
My only hope is that business owners that opt to post these 30.06 and 30.07 signs is to get robbed. May they be robbed at gun point by thugs who either couldn't read or chose to ignore their signs. These signs only keep out the good guys with guns. Hell your mass shootings are usually done in gun free zones. But somehow we easily forget this. Originally Posted by 2long4u
Interesting. My only hope is that idiots that open carry get shot. . .

In all seriousness, I don't even like or agree with conceal carry, but I understand it. Open carry makes no sense to me. It's like the guy that drives the $200k car. I feel it's for show and possibly overcompensating for something. That said, it sounds like in other states people that actually open carry is small. I'm glad most businesses do not allow it. It makes me uncomfortable enough when I see police with their gun. Can't imagine being next to the average joe that carries. I'm pretty sure if that ever happens, I'd be leaving the area fairly quickly.
I am a supporter of open carry. I am against concealed carry. All carry should be in the open and it should be illegal to conceal your hand gun.
What is your logic? You just made a blanket statement.
I am not against or for. If you live in a place like chicago or new york or the likes it is prob be a good idea to carry but conceal. But keep in mind, just because you have a weapon doesnt me you will have the chance to pull it. And also, it does make you a target... in rural places carry your gun show it off...there is a slight chance of you ever having to.us it.

Does the passing of the open carry law protects one from felonies if you pull.it and shoot someone in.self defense or what u think is self defense?
Most guys with half a brain wouldn't show up to a providers door with a gun on their hip. Chances are the girl would slam the door and lock it.
I am a supporter of open carry. I am against concealed carry. All carry should be in the open and it should be illegal to conceal your hand gun. Originally Posted by swather
Exactly opposite for me. I'd rather keep it concealed. I really don't want people to know I have a gun. Plus, it might look kind of douchy.
Pistol Marks would probably take it out and play with it - after unloading it of course - gotta practice safe handling practices.

Originally Posted by Wheretonow
She is safe. No idea how to use it.
More than likely if we use our guns, then we get the honor (and horror) of dealing with our complicated, expensive and boring legal system. Plus maybe jail and/or prison. Not a comment about open carry really, just things I've been thinking about since it passed. I lean toward concealed, personally. Hoping that my comment doesn't put me on the outs here. Thanks for lettin' me say a few words.