Grammar and punctuation, does it matter that much?

I am more annoyed by the mixed-use of caps in a woRd, and will move on to the next ad right away. Same goes for feeling the need to change words but not shorten them (gurlZ rather than girls ).

So I guess I have more of a problem with intentionally murdering the language than by mistake...or perhaps I am just an intolerant dick....lol
It bothers the hell out of me if I see a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. Spell check only checks spelling, not grammar. I actually use 'writing' as a part of my screening process. I ask the gentlemen to write a paragraph introducing themselves and I make my judgement based on that along with references, who they have seen in the past, etc, etc, etc. Have I turned down appointment request due to poor writing? YES...many times!
It bothers the hell out of me if I see a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. Spell check only checks spelling, not grammar. I actually use 'writing' as a part of my screening process. I ask the gentlemen to write a paragraph introducing themselves and I make my judgement based on that along with references, who they have seen in the past, etc, etc, etc. Have I turned down appointment request due to poor writing? YES...many times! Originally Posted by samantha thom
Yippy, I'm glad I passed her grammatical quiz.

I can understand a small spelling error, but when every other word is misspelled, I tend to look elsewhere.
  • npita
  • 04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
I have some anecdotal evidence that all of that does matter. I've written a few p411 profiles and it made a $100.00/hr difference in rate and an improvement in the clientele. In particular, clients that did care about seeing providers they could talk to, go on dinner dates with were more likely to call than clients who were just looking for commodity p*ssy.
If you dined in a restaurant and all the silverware and tablecloths were dirty, and your food was served undercooked or cold, would you issue a disclaimer to the owner when you told him you wouldn't be coming back?

If you think a disclaimer is required for grammar/spelling/punctuation corrections, how would you word it? Originally Posted by trynagetlaid

I understand your point but now we are looking at two different things. Let's say you are in that same restaurant and reading the menu. The menu has grammatical errors. If you stand up in the middle of a crowded restaurant and exclaimed that you were getting dizzy trying to decipher the menu, do you think the owner would take that as constructive criticism? Or would they be more receptive if you took them to the side and started by saying you would like to offer some advice?
Deleted by poster