But Mr president, why are you hiding your tax returns?

• Tiny
  • 04-07-2019, 09:34 PM

After all Odumbo claimed he was born in Kenya to promote himself as an author. I suspect he did the same damn thing to get into college and have his college paid for by a government program.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IB, I think that was a screw up by his editor. He never claimed he was born in Kenya. Is there actual evidence he somehow used funds that were supposed to go to foreign students, or is that speculation?
IB, I think that was a screw up by his editor. He never claimed he was born in Kenya. Is there actual evidence he somehow used funds that were supposed to go to foreign students, or is that speculation? Originally Posted by Tiny

i don't think that was a screw up. He lied to his editor about it.

he was apparently running a scam to get "free educashun" by posing as a foreign stoodent.
IB, I think that was a screw up by his editor. He never claimed he was born in Kenya. Is there actual evidence he somehow used funds that were supposed to go to foreign students, or is that speculation? Originally Posted by Tiny
That's what Odumbo, et al, would have you believe. It wasn't a screw up. It was done on purpose. It was the company's stated policy that the authors were personally responsible for their own bios. How is it some editor would make something like that up without Odumbo's input? Not only that, Odumbo let it ride for something like a decade without an errata sheet -- which the publishing company issued for other "screw ups". Odumbo did nothing about this imaginary "screw up" until he announced he was running for president. Notice how quickly the "erroneous info" was corrected at that point in time. There-to-fore, he had let it ride.
That's what Odumbo, et al, would have you believe. It wasn't a screw up. It was done on purpose. It was the company's stated policy that the authors were personally responsible for their own bios. How is it some editor would make something like that up without Odumbo's input? Not only that, Odumbo let it ride for something like a decade without an errata sheet -- which the publishing company issued for other "screw ups". Odumbo did nothing about this imaginary "screw up" until he announced he was running for president. Notice how quickly the "erroneous info" was corrected at that point in time. There-to-fore, he had let it ride. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Closer to 15 years.

Closer to 15 years.

Originally Posted by eccielover
Kenya born, African, making good at Harvard just "sounds better"!

Unless, of course, someone encourages the author to run for President later.
Maybe they will provide proof of how you defrauded the IRS as well as the American public into thinking you are an honest ,concerned,law abiding citizen looking out for our best interests,not just yours! Originally Posted by lickidyclit

Back on topic:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieb.../#557d23d137a7

May be MadCow will publish he "tax returns" on Eccie for you guys!

And his 2017 return ..

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...me-tax-returns
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-long-form.pdf

Donald Trump finally admitted Friday that "President Barack Obama was born in the United States," reversing himself on the issue that propelled him into national politics five years ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/polit...tes/index.html

"Theories have persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008, confirmation by the Hawaii Department of Health based on the original documents, the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate), and contemporaneous birth announcements published in Hawaii newspapers. Polls conducted in 2010 (before the April 2011 release) suggested that at least 25% of adult Americans said that they doubted Obama's U.S. birth, and a May 2011 Gallup poll found that the percentage had fallen to 13% of American adults (23% of Republicans). The fall has been attributed to Obama's release of the long form in April 2011."

To be honest, I don't care. Obama left office in January 2017. At this point in time, no one cares about Obama's birthplace other than a few zealots on this forum. This is one time when it is truly appropriate to move on.
Back on topic:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieb.../#557d23d137a7

May be MadCow will publish he "tax returns" on Eccie for you guys!

And his 2017 return ..

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...me-tax-returns Originally Posted by LexusLover
Thank you for suggesting we move on.

I couldn't care less about whether or not Trump's tax returns are released. There are so many more important issues relevant to the political arena than this. In my opinion Democrats should back off on this. Also back off on further investigations. Certainly look at the Mueller report in as much detail as possible but other than that, drop the investigations.
I don't care , But its a TIT for TAT thing lets see Pollis , and Bintons
Thank you for suggesting we move on.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Moving on should definitely be the order of things, but since many can't let his tax returns go, nor the Russian collusion investigation, nor trying to drum up outrage over a political official lying(which never happens?), then dredging up comparisons and past history seems to be relevant.
In my opinion Democrats should back off on this. Also back off on further investigations. Certainly look at the Mueller report in as much detail as possible but other than that, drop the investigations. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
People driven by emotions make poor decisions. Particularly when they lack the self-control to carefully examine the realities "on the ground" and keep looking up at the dreams of what could have been had they not made those bad decisions.

In the past 4 to 5 decades this isn't the first time the DNC has shot itself in the feet. Actually both parties have consistently. But at the moment neither party is examining the "independents"!

Defending Trump or Trashing Trump is not a good plank for 2020.
Releasing one's taxes when you run for the presidency is not a requirement, and, as we all know, it's not contained in any law. It's a tradition. It's a gesture of transparency. There are a number of reasons why an individual would not want his/her taxes made public. We understand that. There are a number of reasons why the public would want to see a prospective president's tax returns. What bothers me the most in the Trump situation is that as a candidate -and also as president-elect- Donald Trump told the public he would release his taxes. It now appears that this was just another one of his countless lies. He moves so effortlessly from lie to lie it's hard to keep track of them.
The reason why he should .
Teapot dome

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...urns-congress/
What bothers me the most in the Trump situation is that as a candidate -and also as president-elect- Donald Trump told the public he would release his taxes. Originally Posted by agrarian
Other than a possible interpretation of a few statements, Trump continues to stick by his previous statements of being under audit and not releasing until those audits are complete.

His recent statements I think are more to mess with the left than anything else. And since this issue quieted down substantially until the Mueller nothing report was released, I'm thinking his statements are having the desired reaction by the left in that they are blowing up.
What bothers me the most in the Trump situation is that as a candidate -and also as president-elect- Donald Trump told the public he would release his taxes. It now appears that this was just another one of his countless lies. He moves so effortlessly from lie to lie it's hard to keep track of them. Originally Posted by agrarian

You make a factually incorrect statement you attribute to Trump and then ...

.... claim he "lied" about what you LIED ABOUT WHAT YOU CLAIM he said!!!

In other words: Your lie about what he said taints your conclusion!

Which seemingly came natural to you without ANY EFFORT!

But that's been going on since Trump walked down the stairs to announce.

BTW: I've listened to him fairly closely and I always recall HIM SAYING "IRS audit" in connection with releasing or not releasing HIS returns. It actually makes sense ... to withhold them .... particularly considering the special counsel's and the State of New York's propensity to prosecute him for tax evasion! He's now under criminal investigation for tax fraud and you want him to hand over HIS COPIES of HIS RETURNS TO THE PUBLIC?