Coronavirus scare ..:(. Ehhh

Why does it matter if he’s Jewish? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
My apology. I may have offended some. I put Jewish lawyer because he did infected many at his Synagogue.
I should’ve said differently.
Actually that’s a good example of mis information. New Rochelle is roughly 20 something miles from the city. Big difference in terms on “community spread” But who cares. The media does not care about the facts. Neither do the political parties. The more fear they can breed the better Originally Posted by FunMonday
Yes it was Rochelle. NYC was my reference. I call everything near NYC.
I was at Costco and Kroger and all toilet papers are gone. I was expecting this and was there cause of corona. It’s just that I am on my last roll of toilet paper. I guess I will be using paper towels or napkins.

There will be some asshole that will sell toilet paper for $10 each.
I’m going to go chase strange. Someone will get killed fighting over toilet paper long before I die of Corona Originally Posted by FunMonday
Lmaooo ur so damn silly!! Chase it baby
I was at Costco and Kroger and all toilet papers are gone. I was expecting this and was there cause of corona. It’s just that I am on my last roll of toilet paper. I guess I will be using paper towels or napkins.

There will be some asshole that will sell toilet paper for $10 each. Originally Posted by georgecam
Heck I found myself trying Kroger and Tom Thumb last night for tissue water .,CHICKEN!! There want even any damn chicken of any sort
Aisles totally emptied ! Big reality check
I’ll try the meat market today sheesh
Kroger at least is restocking every night. They’re not able to fill up all the shelves, but if you get there early (I was there at 9am to pick up some items I needed) you probably will find at least some of what you’re looking for.
Copied from Twitter - I saw it on @SamSommersLV feed
One of the most disappointing things in this whole saga so far is that no one needed to bulk buy, but they did. Which then led people to panic buy and some have to go without things they need.

We're the virus. We are the weakest link. Fear and greed will always be our downfall.
I agree GP. I'm the farthest from "Dale Gribble", but having looked at my 401k and lost 21% YTD, I'm no longer taking this lightly. I guess seeing THOUSANDS diminish will do that to you. Originally Posted by mrredcat43
Unless you're planning to cash that out soon then you haven't lost anything. The best thing you can do is just not look at it and avoid the temptation to convert your funds after its already dipped.

Copied from Twitter - I saw it on @SamSommersLV feed
One of the most disappointing things in this whole saga so far is that no one needed to bulk buy, but they did. Which then led people to panic buy and some have to go without things they need.

We're the virus. We are the weakest link. Fear and greed will always be our downfall.
Originally Posted by mtabsw
Sad but entirely true. It reminds me of that Joker scene in the hospital when he explains "the plan" to Harvey Dent. People are losing their minds over something they really don't understand.

I saw a woman crying yesterday because she couldn't get any milk for her kids. It was kind of heart breaking actually and totally unnecessary.

There will be some asshole that will sell toilet paper for $10 each. Originally Posted by georgecam

Usually in close proximity to the toilet is this thing called a shower. It's like a bidet only bigger.
Just as an example, NYC corona started with ONE Jewish Lawyer who visited Italy. Infected hundreds. Originally Posted by georgecam
The Goulston Street graffito was a sentence written on a wall beside a clue in the 1888 Whitechapel murders investigation. It has been transcribed as variations on the sentence

"The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing".

The meaning of the graffito, and its possible connection to the crimes attributed to Jack the Ripper, have been debated for over a century.
It's all overblown. I look at mass media now as being full of trolls making overblown assertions to get views/clicks. I'm going to buy stock, take a road trip and enjoy cheap fuel. I think the corona panic will result in a landslide victory for Trump and confidence for the self-sufficient types. Nobody wants to run with the sheep for long. The country will be stronger, no more unchecked illegal immigration, or dependency on China distribution chain. The mass media led by CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo... they want millions of dead and a tanked economy. Helps along their agenda.

So not worried one bit. Life is good. It's the flu. Don't let them panic you. It's going to be viewed as a scam when over. Originally Posted by Buckwiser

Bingo!!

It is serious. I am staying at home this weekend. Won't be playing BCDs for a good while. My business is taking a SERIOUS HIT. However, I personally feel life will be back to normal soon. Not worried about my 401. It will rebound. Business will come back. Just sit tight for a while and don't panic.
It's all overblown. I look at mass media now as being full of trolls making overblown assertions to get views/clicks. I'm going to buy stock, take a road trip and enjoy cheap fuel. I think the corona panic will result in a landslide victory for Trump and confidence for the self-sufficient types. Nobody wants to run with the sheep for long. The country will be stronger, no more unchecked illegal immigration, or dependency on China distribution chain. The mass media led by CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo... they want millions of dead and a tanked economy. Helps along their agenda.

So not worried one bit. Life is good. It's the flu. Don't let them panic you. It's going to be viewed as a scam when over. Originally Posted by Buckwiser

It's not the flu:

We are still in the early stages of this in the US so some people think it's nothing. We'll see soon enough.
The math is very clear if we don’t follow social distancing or if it doesn’t work the impact could be what they saw in Italy. Look on YouTube for hospital video and interviews with the lead physician. If we limit the spread we can support the people who do get sick. We need to protect the most vulnerable until there is a vaccine. The best guesses I have seen say at least a year to have a proven vaccine.
Exactly how are we comparing the infection and death rates between the US and Italy? How many confirmed cases did Italy have before they started social distancing? I can t think of a single variable that corresponds to us. Different scale of demographic percentages, different infrastructure, different attitudes about seeking treatment.

Maybe I’m slow but I don’t get how looking at comparison of Corona between the US and other countries is really that helpful when it comes to containing the virus here.

Rather than freak out about how other countries have struggled with or mis-managed this crisis there’s only one variable for us. Right now there’s roughy 3000 confirmed cases in the US? Will this number have a significant spike or will it climb at a slow rate and fall and what’s the time frame?

If it spikes then let’s weld the doors shut and slaughter all the animals and stuff people in boxes and use that cheap fuel to dig mass graves. But keep in mind this happened in 1918 with the Spanish Flu and they made it

The media does practically nothing to encourage anyone. They only want chaos and then they lecture people on raiding the supermarkets after they started the riot.
."
It's not the flu. Originally Posted by Sleepy363
Respectfully, it is the flu. (The Wu-flu.)
The fatality rate of Covid-19 in S. Korea, where everyone is tested, is only 1.0 percent. The fatality rate of the common flu in the USA is 0.8 percent. In the US, the current fatality rate of Covid-19 is 3.4%, which is the same as it was in China *up to Feb. 11*, before the Chinese began widespread testing. As more are tested in the USA, the fatality rate will fall to 1.0%. It's the flu.

Consider this: We are told by mainstream media trolls with an agenda that Corona is being spread by people who don't know they have it. So Corona has been here much longer than anyone knows. Yet few have died, and of those who have died, most are the elderly. The US has an aging population of boomers. Should we allow those with an agenda to destroy our booming economy? We may already be in a recession? It is not fair to the youth of of country, to destroy their dreams over this faux pandemic, to win an election for Grandpa Joe.

"The (fatality) rate didn’t go down on its own; China took drastic, even authoritarian measures to lock down affected areas and contain the virus’s spread so that the medical system was not overwhelmed."

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/5/2116597...rate-explained

"In South Korea, where thousands of people are tested every day, they’ve picked up more than 7,500 people with the virus. Among those, 54 have died. If we use the WHO’s method of calculating the CFR — and don’t take into account the potential problem of underestimating the number of mild cases out there — a crude case fatality estimate hovers under 1 percent."