Booking/Keeping appointments and meeting

This describes me. I have to take long 'lunches' from work or have 'Doctor' appointments at the end of the day, etc. to get my play time in, and I have to make the most of the opportunities that I can get. Because of this, and the fact that some providers that I want to see actually DO screen, I have to plan my visits at the very least a few days out and it pisses me off when I do all of the right things with a provider and I get blown off.

For example, I have the opportunity to visit Rochester this afternoon and overnight. I made contact with a certain provider 2 weeks ago to setup an appointment for 2pm today. I gave her references, texted her to confirm a couple of days ago, yesterday, AND this morning. Even yesterday afternoon I was given a 'Yes!' that we were on for 2pm. When I got off the Thruway in Victor at 1:30pm and sent a text for directions, I get a reply that she's not available until after 3:30pm. F*ck this sh*t!

Luckily, I had been planning to see Grace before I headed back to the Cuse tomorrow night and, when I contacted her about her availability, were able to set something up (review to follow).

Grace 1 - Other provider 0

jr

Your lack of understanding comes from small mindedness and thinking every guy thinks the same way as you do , and that every guy is controlled by his impulses -- having an itch and then getting it scratched NOW.

Consider other situations and mentalities. Perhaps a guy is in a sexless marriage and is never getting any. That guy may not be controlled by sudden urges , but rather is always in the mood for some loving, and opportunity is more important than "an itch". That guy is probably always in the mood if the opportunity in his schedule arises. That guy may have to find alibis for work and home that require preplanning. That guy may need to schedule a date a week or more in advance , especially if he is selective in who he wants to see, rather than seeing anyone around when an itch needs scratching.

Perhaps you might step outside of yourself and see that there are other scenarios beyond your unique situation which accounts for others' behavior which you don't immediately comprehend. No? Originally Posted by Taskmaster
  • LSTPK
  • 09-11-2015, 11:46 PM
This describes me. I have to take long 'lunches' from work or have 'Doctor' appointments at the end of the day, etc. to get my play time in, and I have to make the most of the opportunities that I can get. Because of this, and the fact that some providers that I want to see actually DO screen, I have to plan my visits at the very least a few days out and it pisses me off when I do all of the right things with a provider and I get blown off.

For example, I have the opportunity to visit Rochester this afternoon and overnight. I made contact with a certain provider 2 weeks ago to setup an appointment for 2pm today. I gave her references, texted her to confirm a couple of days ago, yesterday, AND this morning. Even yesterday afternoon I was given a 'Yes!' that we were on for 2pm. When I got off the Thruway in Victor at 1:30pm and sent a text for directions, I get a reply that she's not available until after 3:30pm. F*ck this sh*t!

Luckily, I had been planning to see Grace before I headed back to the Cuse tomorrow night and, when I contacted her about her availability, were able to set something up (review to follow).

Grace 1 - Other provider 0

jr Originally Posted by jrobertssyr
This. Unless the other provider was a regular and/or had very extenuating circumstances (preferably both) forget that one ever again.
hmm I suppose yeah. it's just pretty rude I think. I normally get a room just to meet you! I don't want to start asking for deposits at all but its just such a waste of time and money to have someone just not show up like that...I try pretty hard to make an effort to find a good time for the client and even provide light snacks and drinks now so it's just like -___- you obviously don't deserve any kind of special treatment at all after that. Originally Posted by KeiraLeone

Isnt this the easiest crap to understand..If you cant or wont do outcall and cant do incall where you want to,,,.What is your next choice..HELLO..thats on your dime..Yes,there will be some flakes.Its the life we both have chosen to get after your tails..Some good clients will get the room when the "trust" part comes into play..

Or you can always walk the pavement like some of them do
I understand that real life gets in the way sometimes and appointments have to be moved or cancelled. It just really sucks when you've done all of the right things and the anticipation has been building, only to have the rug pulled out at the last minute.

jr

This. Unless the other provider was a regular and/or had very extenuating circumstances (preferably both) forget that one ever again. Originally Posted by LSTPK
This. Unless the other provider was a regular and/or had very extenuating circumstances (preferably both) forget that one ever again. Originally Posted by LSTPK

from a guys view
you just wrote off every provider

from a providers view
you just wrote off every client

• LSTPK
  • 09-12-2015, 10:40 AM
I can see how it would like that, OSD, when both sides have been expressing their frustration, but that isn't the case.

Firstly, as a general rule, what you get is proportional to what you've put in. I'd be interested to hear more from the providers in this, but I suspect that over time, the providers who have a reputation for keeping appointments have fewer canceled appoints. As a specific corollary to this, research helps. That's where screening comes in for the providers and reading reviews for the hobbyist. Another corollary is that treating each other with courtesy helps. If you must cancel, don't do it last minute, do it for a good reason, and tell the other person that reason.

The one appointment that I canceled was for a car accident. I gave several days notice and let her know why. I felt bad about missing the appointment, but at that point there wasn't anything I could do about it.

From my point of view, before an appointment is agreed to, provider and hobbyist owe each other nothing beyond the courtesy and respect due each human being. When an appointment is arranged, that's a verbal contract. Both sides commit certain resources towards fulfilling that contract. On the providers' side you have experience, scheduling, keeping up the incall or paying for the outcall location, keeping up physical and mental fitness, time, and so on. On the hobbyist side you have, time, scheduling, and however long (work) it took to come up with the fees and whatever extras or gifts (research, thought, and more work) they bring.

When the contract is broken, you're not going to get those resources back no matter what you do. The simplest way to limit further damage is to simply not make any more contracts with that individual. Some people will attempt to strike back at the one who wasted their time, but that usually reflects poorly on them.

Choosing to risk more resources and make another contract with an individual who has already broken one with you should only be done when you know something of that individual's character. So, if you want someone to take another chance on you, be in the habit of treating people with respect and keep your appointments!
I can see how it would like that, OSD, when both sides have been expressing their frustration, but that isn't the case.

blah blah blah
The one appointment that I canceled was for a car accident. I gave several days notice and let her know why. I felt bad about missing the appointment, but at that point there wasn't anything I could do about it.

blah blah blah

When the contract is broken, you're not going to get those resources back no matter what you do. The simplest way to limit further damage is to simply not make any more contracts with that individual. Some people will attempt to strike back at the one who wasted their time, but that usually reflects poorly on them.

blah blah blah! Originally Posted by LSTPK

what if in that car ops on the way? really you going to call as they load ya up for mad dash too hospital.

many times if guy or gal NCNS its the others fault. not most but many times

if someone NCNS on ya, you have no idea whats going on the other side.

if something bad happen, forgot, ya just got dumped, misunderstanding, drunk , fell asleep, etc etc etc
Why would one have to cancel a recreational appointment several days out for a car accident? Or was the accident scheduled for the same day?
  • LSTPK
  • 09-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Accident happened coming home from work on a friday night when the mechanics were closed leaving me without a car for the weekend, and needed the money for the repairs/rental until the insurance finally got around to reimbursing me (took a couple weeks and needed to work in the meantime).
Accident happened coming home from work on a friday night when the mechanics were closed leaving me without a car for the weekend, and needed the money for the repairs/rental until the insurance finally got around to reimbursing me (took a couple weeks and needed to work in the meantime). Originally Posted by LSTPK
I had an accident on my way to an appointment last December. It was snowing out and a tractor-trailer forced me off the road. (I-90) Waiting for a tow truck to arrive, I texted her to cancel and reschedule the appointment while sitting in the back of a police car.