Where's a Good Place to Hide and Live Off the Grid???

Alaska.
Animals are good for stress because they provide "unconditional love", which most of us are craving for. I am very attached to my persian cat, Max. He doesn't ask for much, but provides a wealth of comfort. I am all for animal rights. . .and human rights. Originally Posted by SeekingTruth
Most people won't make it totally off the grid unless they have some special skills. I don't think many people do. But if you want to come close to being off the grid and have the security of other people and since you seem to like animals, how do you feel about horses? You may want to consider looking into some sort of employment at a "Dude Ranch" they are scattered all over states like Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and the Dakotas. It might be a good place to disappear without actually doing so. I don't think you need to be alone. Find people who are like minded and kind hearted and do well without much, seek those types of people.

Jim
Most people won't make it totally off the grid unless they have some special skills. Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Please don't discourage her. Being off the grid, means off the internet!!!!
Please don't discourage her. Being off the grid, means off the internet!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Oh, now you're not looking at this in the proper perspective. There is a lot of young men that work on Dude Ranches. They are hard workers and probably in good shape they'll find her attractive and will take care of her sexually, she'll forget about the internet.

Jim
Oh, now you're not looking at this in the proper perspective. There is a lot of young men that work on Dude Ranches. They are hard workers and probably in good shape they'll find her attractive and will take care of her sexually, she'll forget about the internet.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Maybe .....

But that doesn't sound like "off the grid" .....

...... that sounds more like on a "griddle"!
Maybe .....

But that doesn't sound like "off the grid" .....

...... that sounds more like on a "griddle"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Lexie lacking and his BBBF the JL have just "come out".
SLOBBRINs head has lots of empty space. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hey, Shit Eater... I used to have a dog like you but he out grew it.
Ted Kaczynski found a life under the radar, join him... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
Ask Sarah Palin ... she'll "hook you up" I'm sure. She can probably find you a gig keeping "an eye" on the pipeline up there ... sitting in a cozy cabin pulling a check each month. Get 2-4 weeks off to warm up .. and hit it again.

Lexie lacking and his BBBF the JL have just "come out". Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Interesting that he heard dude ranches and immediately his mind goes gay. He's in textbooks under 'closeted gay man'.
Interesting that he heard dude ranches and immediately his mind goes gay. He's in textbooks under 'closeted gay man'. Originally Posted by WombRaider
....."dude" does sound a little "gay," doesn't it to you?

Or do you call other guys ..... "dude"?

Do you know what they call them "dude" ranches?

But that's not what this thread is about, now is it?
....."dude" does sound a little "gay," doesn't it to you?

Or do you call other guys ..... "dude"?

Do you know what they call them "dude" ranches?

But that's not what this thread is about, now is it? Originally Posted by LexusLover
You're the one who heard it and posted a gay photo of two cowboys, so don't try and turn it around, as is your usual tactic. They call them dude ranches because that's what they call city slickers who come to the ranches to 'play' cowboy. You don't want to go down the etymology road with me. I'll wait while you google 'etymology'.
What a puss !
What a puss ! Originally Posted by rioseco
C'mon now. You know that photo of two cowboys made 'it' move.
C'mon now. You know that photo of two cowboys made 'it' move. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Alaska is a bit too rough for me! I might retire in South America somewhere though, maybe Costa Rica. I was thinking about Colorado, but there is a conspiracy theory about a huge underground bunker at the Denver airport. Look at the murals in that airport. Forgot where I saw a documentary about that airport.