Okay, lets really talk about the latest airliner to go down.

How about you explain to us why planes HAVE NOT installed this technology? Originally Posted by WTF
Because planes cannot install technology. Planes are inanimate objects.

Again, happy new year.

Only a couple of more years, then changes will be made. In the meantime, I suspect beginning rather shortly there will be changes being requested, and your man in the White House will have some tough choices to make in the next few years. I don't expect him to have the same level of respect for his replacement as was shown to him, but I could be presently surprised:

Oh, WTF:

Since you enjoy "research" AND "reading" here is an "assessment" by cost-benefit analysis with regard to aircraft safety (and other matters) revealing how our Government does it (Congress that is) .... it might be informative .... (and don't put yourself into the "trap' of stating you knew that all along .... YOU DIDN'T AND IT SHOWS!):

http://cryptome.org/avsec-assess.pdf

A risk and cost-benefit assessment of United States aviation security measures

As you are making comparisons think about the Hudson River water landing and the apparent fact that at least one of the bodies recovered in the recent crash had on a life vest, when considering location data transmission.....and also factor in the benefit of the U.S., at least, knowing in "short order" the last known location of aircraft that "disappear" suddenly (if we don't already have that technology in place but it cannot be openly discussed).

I can easily make a case on a "security" basis for real time aircraft tracking.
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Because planes cannot install technology. Planes are inanimate objects.

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Please tell me why the airlines have not installed it on their aircraft if it is so cheap and easy as you say. Is that to hard a question to answer?

Why not install your APP on a phone and have that phone fly on the plane....tell me why they do not do that simple step Einstein.

Please tell me why the airlines have not installed it on their aircraft if it is so cheap and easy as you say. Is that to hard a question to answer? Originally Posted by WTF
I don't have a clue. Why don't you ask the airlines?

As for "installation" ... did you read the cost/benefit information?

Did you read ANY of the numerous "aviation safety" legislation and reports?

They installed secure doors to the flight deck for $50,000 a piece.

But if you want to contact the airlines and discuss it with them, mention:

http://www.meggitt.com/?OBH=316&ID=79

"Using on-board equipment that weighs just 10 lbs, and the speedily processed and transmitted data from it, operators can perform many tasks including tracking the plane in which the equipment is installed anywhere on the planet on an ASD system, Google Earth or over the web; telephoning pilots to discuss engine status and reduce the cost of an exceedence instantly; generating 000I—Out, Off, On and In—reports quickly and accurately to enable exact payment of crews and precise scheduling of component maintenance; and planning maintenance in a continuum using the engine trend reports generated without pilot intervention from the moment an aircraft becomes airborne."

Kinda like you:
Since you suck dick, how much are you willing to pay to suck one.

While you are contemplating that .... check this out: http://flightaware.com/
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2015, 10:38 AM
I don't have a clue. Why don't you ask the airlines?

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Of course you do not have a clue as to why they haven't. You haven't done the proper research even though I have given you numerous clues.

They installed secure doors to the flight deck for $50,000 a piece.

/ Originally Posted by LexusLover
That is because after 9/11 they were trying to get passengers back in the skies. If this happened twice in the States....well you figure it out , I've given you enough clues.
Of course you do not have a clue as to why they haven't. Originally Posted by WTF
Oh, I have lots of "clues" that it exists and why they don't require it installed.

I never did any "research" on why Ford didn't install a two-bit rubber grommet on gas tanks, either. And never asked anyone else why?

Actually, it's obvious you haven't done any research on it, or the "doors"!!!

Because the motivation for the doors was a directive by the Government. And why the Government didn't require it before, beginning in the 1980=90's I don't have a clue either .. other than statements made in the 1996 Report regarding "security" requirements on the airline industry.

Rather than expend your energy on trying to appear intellectually superior, by some obscure reference to "clues" ... perhaps you could address the point.

The technology is present, both hardware and software. But, I am equally certain, you give potential homebuyers the same answer when you don't want to do something .... "it's too expensive." ... Or perhaps you just say it will cost a "lot more" to do that ... and then bullshit some more about "clues"!

Perhaps someone at Ford had your attitude .... or was it the union?

Is it too expensive for you to stop at red traffic lights?

Your bullshit is about the same .... gps data transmission is too expensive and the pipeline isn't going to produce enough jobs to justify it. Both spurious points.
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Oh, I have lots of "clues" that it exists and why they don't require it installed.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Let's hear'em big boy. Tell us why they have not installed them if they were so cheap that you could do it for 10 bucks in ten minutes!
Let's hear'em big boy. Tell us why they have not installed them if they were so cheap that you could do it for 10 bucks in ten minutes! Originally Posted by WTF
Show me the link where I said that ... child. You are drowning in your bullshit.

Like so many on here, you just make up shit. I have given you link after link to legitimate resources ... and you still babble with nothing but bullshit.
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2015, 01:37 PM
But, I am equally certain, you give potential homebuyers the same answer when you don't want to do something .... "it's too expensive." ... Or perhaps you just say it will cost a "lot more" to do that ... and then bullshit some more about "clues"!

Now you are showing you know as little about homebuilding as you do about researching this problem.

Any homebuilder just passes any cost a buyer wants onto the buyer, usually at a hefty profit.

Now concentrate and keep digging and you will find out why they have not done wtf you think is as simple as downloading an app on your phone.
Kids! Please calm down and listen for a few minutes. Global ACARS installed on all aircraft today will enable an airline to check the exact location of any airplane at any time. It is a matter of the airline just entering a request via a computer for the information. Forget cell phones as they don't work mid ocean. The information is via satellite communications. What is needed is the expansion of Global ACARS to automatically send a query to each aircraft periodically for it's location. AA(American Airlines) can request information from all of their aircraft no matter where they are. They use the information for weather, Maintenance, scheduling and fuel information. If the periodic location information becomes a priority than the Global ACARS system may need to be expanded. The expansion is not for coverage but to allow for the increase of traffic. Each ACARS message takes about 22 mili seconds to send. Each message is sent with a check bit to insure what is sent is what is received. As for this crash every thing will be answered when the black boxes are recovered and analyzed.
Kids! Please calm down and listen ..... Originally Posted by tucson
Not sure who you're "kidding" ... but apparently you have not been thoroughly reading the ongoing discourse .... I have said numerous times in various ways, including, site links, that the hardware AND software is in existence.

The only argument I've seen from WTF is it is "too expensive" to install.

Please go debate with him. Not me. With all due respect, I'm not the "kid"!

Oh, and I didn't bring up the cell phone ... that was knucklehead (WTF).
  • WTF
  • 01-02-2015, 06:15 PM
... I have said numerous times in various ways, including, site links, that the hardware AND software is in existence. ). Originally Posted by LexusLover
I have asked you why it has not been installed. What is the reason LL? Can you come up with the answer? How about a guess?

hint alert: ask tucson seeing how you are having such difficulty

Oh, and I didn't bring up the cell phone ... that was knucklehead (WTF). Originally Posted by LexusLover
You didn't bring up a cell phone APP? Looks like you are going senile!

In about 10 seconds (or less) I can open an app on my cell phone and see EVERYWHERE I have been today (and yesterday, etc.....). Did it cost $70,000 to install that APP in my cell phone? Fuck NO~! Does it take a bank of "monitors" 24/7 to keep tabs on me? FUCK NO!! ... Is the data there 24/7? FUCK YES.

Yes the aircraft is equipped for periodic transmissions of location. The problem comes up will the Global ACARS system be able to handle the larger amount of business. The aircraft crew has no indication that the plane is being queried. Global positioning has grown to the point that we tested automatic landing at Alliance air port in 2000. The aircraft landed 5 times on the exact spot with the pilots hands off of the controls. We established exact runway locations with laser equipment referenced from 3 different GPS systems on the airport.
In the case of the missing flight the co-pilot shut the ACARS equipment off. That could be solve by removing the ability to turn off the power from the cockpit.
When I said kids I was suggesting we not argue with each other over this.
Some of the new avionics are amazing.
Yes the aircraft is equipped for periodic transmissions of location. Originally Posted by tucson
Rolls employs the technology of engine "health monitoring" for what they now call "controls and data services" ... if the "software" can identify a specific engine, which it does, and software can identify a specific aircraft, which he does, then a "bank" of humans "listening" to "pings" is a ridiculous suggestion merely posited for the purpose of arguing. Childish gibberish. "We" don't even have a "bank" of humans assigned to listen to each one of your residential and business alarm systems ... the computer alerts the problem....and what it is.

The "on-off" system can be tied to any number of data transmissions or mechanical operations on the aircraft, so that it is not "operating" and "transmitting" while the aircraft is sitting during deplaning and boarding or service.

The "costing" of the door enhancements reflects the reality, since it was less expensive to original build the "safe door" as opposed to retrofit, which even a house builder should know....if he knows ANYTHING about construction.

The bottom line is ... if our government can know instantly where I am standing while operating my cell phone in "nonairplane mode"... and an LE agency can determine instantly where a patrol unit is located at any given moment ... the discussion against it is ..... ludicrous. Claiming it costs $70,000 to $100,000 to install is ridiculous .... and someone is trying to "win the lotto" on ONE contract..OR worse is trying to justify not using the system.